Girls (HBO Show) Discussion thread

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
every single last one of these bytches are stupid. hipsters the lot of them

one hoe hates her boyfriend cuz she he doesnt mistreat her
one hoe is spoiled, desperate bytch that who attracts drama just to complain about it
one hoe is a high functioning femnazi thats about to ruin a marriage just because
another hoe wont stfu long enough to get the D that she so desperately wants

why am i watching this show:dwillhuh:
this is exactly how I feel.

and I will be downloading it again tomorrow night

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
This show is like HTMIIA but with dumbass semi-talented upper middle class white women from flyover country instead of dumbass semi-talented "ethnic" people from NY.

I like Girls more, but I guess that's cause Hypebeast ruined that other show for me. Like, they were always 3 or 4 years behind on whatever their stupid fashion hustles were. And how are you gonna do a t-shirt line instead of a denim line? That's doing shyt backwards. That's like Burberry going from doing raincoats and Prosrum and all that shyt to just doing plaid tracksuits for chavs.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And how are you gonna do a t-shirt line instead of a denim line? That's doing shyt backwards.

They couldn't get in with their jeans. It was their shirts that put them on.

Their plan was to go back to jeans once that got their footing in the fashion game.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
The only reason i watch this show is for the hope that the virgin and the bytch roomate get naked. This show is so unrelatable to me i dont even believe theres people out there like this. I hate the oh were so quirky were kind of cool because of it schtick that in real life would get them ostracized. Also clearly a girl is the brains behind it because the men are awfully written.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
The only reason i watch this show is for the hope that the virgin and the bytch roomate get naked. This show is so unrelatable to me i dont even believe theres people out there like this. I hate the oh were so quirky were kind of cool because of it schtick that in real life would get them ostracized. Also clearly a girl is the brains behind it because the men are awfully written.
the creator & (one of the) writer is that fat chick that insist on getting naked every episode.
And I actually know broads like these...they exist, and the guys in the show exist as well.
:yeshrug:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

The actresses that play Marnie (Hannah's roommate) and the virgin both have no-nudity clauses I think.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
the creator & (one of the) writer is that fat chick that insist on getting naked every episode.
And I actually know broads like these...they exist, and the guys in the show exist as well.
:yeshrug:

Ok the broads are actaully pretty realistic but the one european chick is not. The guys i can honestly say ive never meet such fakkits but i'm not in the hipster culture so maybe they are. My one beef is though make it clear that these people are not cool but more like outcast that no one cares about besides in there little community.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Ok the broads are actaully pretty realistic but the one european chick is not. The guys i can honestly say ive never meet such fakkits but i'm not in the hipster culture so maybe they are. My one beef is though make it clear that these people are not cool but more like outcast that no one cares about besides in there little community.

I thought by the 2nd or 3rd episode it was clear that these people live on the fringe of coolness. I mean people were working in coffee shops and art galleries shyt is hipster as hell. White 20 something privilege is a huge subtext of the show i think, but i mean with females its different back in the day females (of all colors) didn't leave the crib till they got married so i mean its not THAT much worse.

I dig it cuz the writing is spot on, anyone that was ever around a gang of females on a social level (as in not trying to smash) can apply some sort of shared experience to the show so that makes it good. The humor is subtle and hella uncomfortable.

And if you ever been to the new Brooklyn it aint many nikkas in the places they frequent so im not trippin off that, im just waiting for a nikka to come along in the show and just crush the buildings, but dude thats fukkin wit Hanna is doing that enough right now so thats cool.

the virgin though :takedat:

FukkaPaidEmail

Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
The actresses that play Marnie (Hannah's roommate) and the virgin both have no-nudity clauses I think.

ughh.gif

sixsixtwo

M.O.B.
Daps
I thought by the 2nd or 3rd episode it was clear that these people live on the fringe of coolness. I mean people were working in coffee shops and art galleries shyt is hipster as hell. White 20 something privilege is a huge subtext of the show i think, but i mean with females its different back in the day females (of all colors) didn't leave the crib till they got married so i mean its not THAT much worse.

I dig it cuz the writing is spot on, anyone that was ever around a gang of females on a social level (as in not trying to smash) can apply some sort of shared experience to the show so that makes it good. The humor is subtle and hella uncomfortable.

And if you ever been to the new Brooklyn it aint many nikkas in the places they frequent so im not trippin off that, im just waiting for a nikka to come along in the show and just crush the buildings, but dude thats fukkin wit Hanna is doing that enough right now so thats cool.

the virgin though :takedat:

Donald Glover will be a character on Season 2..