Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Even if those charter schools perform worse than the public schools they are supposed to replace and are a hot bed for public graft and corruption? :lupe: What is the net benefit to the students.... the ability to choose between a bunch of schools worse than the public schools they were already at?

so public schools arent a hot bed for public graft and corruption already? what planet do you live on?

who said their choices were worse than the public schools they were already at?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Even if those charter schools perform worse than the public schools they are supposed to replace and are a hot bed for public graft and corruption? :lupe: What is the net benefit to the students.... the ability to choose between a bunch of schools worse than the public schools they were already at?

corruption doesn't happen with the private sector sir!

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
so public schools arent a hot bed for public graft and corruption already? what planet do you live on?
When or where did I say that?

who said their choices were worse than the public schools they were already at?
Did you read the article?

a report from Stanford University’s Center for Research on Education Outcomes revealed that achievement in Ohio’s charter schools was significantly below Ohio’s regular public schools. Anyone familiar with Republicans’ and President Obama’s love affair with charter schools would not be surprised that yet another study found one of the largest and “most successful” charter schools in America underperformed even underperforming public schools.

Article itself is slightly goofy in its emotional editorialism but its findings are damning and backed by independent studies :francis:

http://edex.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/publication/pdfs/OH_Report_2014F_j.pdf

Public schools have their problems but it looks like charter schools are even worse

smitty22

Is now part of Thee Alliance. Ill die for this ish
Supporter
Daps

Article itself is slightly goofy in its emotional editorialism but its findings are damning and backed by independent studies :francis:

Public schools have their problems but it looks like charter schools are even worse
I live in Columbus and see it 1st hand. Charter schools in the city are a joke, Meanwhile they're closing public schools left and right. School system here is horrible. So while Kasich bragging about a surplus here, look no further than the cuts to the school system to help tout his claims.

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
You notice they never talk about the effects of cutting taxes when they're on stage?

I live in Columbus and see it 1st hand. Charter schools in the city are a joke, Meanwhile they're closing public schools left and right. School system here is horrible. So while Kasich bragging about a surplus here, look no further than the cuts to the school system to help tout his claims.

Kids don't vote. :mjcry:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

you implied it

yeah, its just liberal gibberish, there are plenty of studies showing that charter schools perform better

the question is did you read the report or just repost, because the report clearly states that black students perform the same or better in charter schools overall

these are direct quotes from the study
In a head to head comparison of learning gains, Black students in poverty in
charter schools tend to outperform Black TPS
students in both math and reading, as shown in Figure12a. Across all charter schools in Ohio, Black students in
poverty have about 29 more days of learning in reading and22 days in mathematics than impoverished Black students attending TPS. Black charter students in poverty in Cleveland and Columbus appear to be driving the overall impact of charter schools on Black students in poverty. Black students in poverty in both Cleveland and Columbus are 36 days of learning ahead of Black students in poverty attending TPS in reading. In math, Black charter students in poverty outperform their TPS peers by more than 50 days of learning in Cleveland, and by 43 days of learning in Columbus​

i have to assume you either have low reading comprehension or didnt even read the report you are posting just like the author of that propaganda filled article

its truly disgusting that people are defending a decrepit bureaucracy that has literally killed the minds of thousands of black students

any black person that defends or supports the public school system is delusional and misguided, the public school system in the black community should be destroyed and rebuilt completely using charters and vouchers

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Anyone voting for puppet Rubio is a clown. I think it's going to be close between Trump and Rubio. I'm not sure I buy the polls completely and I'm not sure how much Christie's evisceration of Rubio will matter because Rubio has the full backing and support of the party now.

It'll be interesting, I'm predicting Trump wins but it's closer than the polls suggest. Rubio 2nd. Cruz probably a distant 3rd but I could see Kaisch giving him a run.