Good-Looking Brehs Y'all Ever Been Hit With The Friendzone?

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I have a dude I'm physically and sexually attracted to right now in the friend zone (well not really since we've had sex twice)

But he's there because
A) I don't want a relationship right now and
B) I don't know him well enough to want a relationship with him and
C) there's a 99.9% chance he doesn't want to wife me
You had sex with him twice.. that ain't no friendzone :comeon:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The 'Friend Zone' is such a meme/instagram friendly, generational punchline.....but it's barely a real thing. "She friend-zoned me"! This disgust, this outrage....it's comical. Everyone learns differently, and at different points in life how to interact with the opposite sex, some never learn, and some learn in all the wrong ways. So, yeah I know it happens to some guys....esp like nerdier, or not typically attractive overweight.

These heinous women leading men into the purgatory of friend zone.....just isn't real, not in any real way. Are there women who because of issues with communication, relating to their socialization as women, who aren't forthcoming about NOT wanting to date someone? Yes. Because, our society teaches and values politeness and reassurance over honesty. So, girls try to be 'nice'. Granted, it's misguided, often, and just as much about them, as it is about the guy. Men do the same thing. But, it's bad and inefficient communication, not a scheme to rob men of their time and money.

If a women doesn't want to go out on a date, or spend time in an intimate, sexual manner, but doesn't tell you, instead kinda plays nice and answers your texts, do the cost/benefit of maintaining the 'friendship'. It's ok to not sleep with someone right away. It's ok to be cool. It's not ok to stick around if it's emotionally painful or difficult to even talk to her, if she doesn't feel the same way. Be graceful, and dignified.

I'm guilty of being cool with a lot of women....friends even. Some have involved intimacy. Some haven't. Though, without arrogance, all those girls are attracted me to, and so am I. It's the nature of these things. The only time were I felt the need to remove myself from a situation was when a girl who was clearly extremely interested in me, and I was enamored with her, to the point of sending flowers on Valentines Day, but her cultural background, her family, her own lack of self worth and guilt, other issues, wouldn't let her act on her emotions. I just wanted one night to see what we were like together, and she couldn't, so I had to cut it off. Now, we are still cool, and there's no doors shut or feelings hurt.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
The 'Friend Zone' is such a meme/instagram friendly, generational punchline.....but it's barely a real thing. "She friend-zoned me"! This disgust, this outrage....it's comical. Everyone learns differently, and at different points in life how to interact with the opposite sex, some never learn, and some learn in all the wrong ways. So, yeah I know it happens to some guys....esp like nerdier, or not typically attractive overweight.

These heinous women leading men into the purgatory of friend zone.....just isn't real, not in any real way. Are there women who because of issues with communication, relating to their socialization as women, who aren't forthcoming about NOT wanting to date someone? Yes. Because, our society teaches and values politeness and reassurance over honesty. So, girls try to be 'nice'. Granted, it's misguided, often, and just as much about them, as it is about the guy. Men do the same thing. But, it's bad and inefficient communication, not a scheme to rob men of their time and money.

If a women doesn't want to go out on a date, or spend time in an intimate, sexual manner, but doesn't tell you, instead kinda plays nice and answers your texts, do the cost/benefit of maintaining the 'friendship'. It's ok to not sleep with someone right away. It's ok to be cool. It's not ok to stick around if it's emotionally painful or difficult to even talk to her, if she doesn't feel the same way. Be graceful, and dignified.

I'm guilty of being cool with a lot of women....friends even. Some have involved intimacy. Some haven't. Though, without arrogance, all those girls are attracted me to, and so am I. It's the nature of these things. The only time were I felt the need to remove myself from a situation was when a girl who was clearly extremely interested in me, and I was enamored with her, to the point of sending flowers on Valentines Day, but her cultural background, her family, her own lack of self worth and guilt, other issues, wouldn't let her act on her emotions. I just wanted one night to see what we were like together, and she couldn't, so I had to cut it off. Now, we are still cool, and there's no doors shut or feelings hurt.

That friendzone meme has become very complex now. It used to be that the woman will keep you in a box and insist she just wants to be friends. But now there's the play nice thing.

Women are complex, there's women that will put up with your advances and "play nice" to the point where you don't even know what her intentions are, and she already knows yours. At the end of the day, there's a thing you possess that she wants and it's unfortunately not your dikk. There's also women that'll just reject you out right, and generally, those are the women worth being friends with if you can handle it.

A South Asian girl, we did a sex act. All signs pointed that it was consensual, after that she didn't contact me again. I knew she has a conservative background but she gave no indication that it was unwanted. Still, I was guilty for a while, believing I had done something heinous, and I called her from a temporary number. I apologized, she said it was okay. Called her with a real number, never answered, never called me back to this day.

I took my L and realized she's a time ho. I can't be cool with her, she used me. I loved her. I don't know what the fukk what her deal was, but we did something crazy and she realized it wasn't going to anywhere is a fair interpretation of it. I had to pause to write this story, you posted something so similar to mine except the happy ending.

Still, these experiences made me stronger and more confident than ever.