Google says iMessage & its blue message bubbles leads to peer pressure & bullying

Daps
Any time you enter a text messaging thread on iPhone, those blue and green message bubbles make clear who else is on iPhone versus Android.

Google claims that distinction leads to "peer pressure and bullying" that has ultimately given Apple's iMessage a clear edge.

Hiroshi Lockheimer, senior vice president of Google products including Android, wrote on Twitter that Apple's efforts to lock in users to iMessage "is a documented strategy."

Lockheimer's tweet was in response to a Wall Street Journal article on how teens stick with iPhone over Android because*the green text bubble signaling they use an Android device.

"Using peer pressure and bullying as a way to sell products is disingenuous for a company that has humanity and equity as a core part of its marketing," wrote Lockheimer. "The standards exist today to fix this."

• Dap
Reactions: NZA
Daps
Reppin
Canada
#AppleGang

tumblr_mxk990XBuL1rqd0kpo1_400.gifv

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It is brilliant branding on Apple's part. I wouldn't go as far as to say Android users are being bullied lmao. I do :usure: to myself sometimes when I see a green bubble pop up though. Not because there's anything intrinsically better about iMessage but things just work more fluidly within it. But it's time to adopt a universal standard, it's silly at this point.