Governors of CA & NY announce plans to combat organized retail theft

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
I see you're still incapable of reading. Please reach this article, thanks.

Your propaganda doesn't work here white man, please go back to st0rmfr0nt.
Fukk that article!! Address my posts.

Black business owners are being impacted by these criminals. Are these Black business owners lying too? They don't have tons of money like these Corporations. They don't have unlimited insurance funds.

You don't want to believe that the big corporate owned stores are suffering. fine. You can't deny that small business owners (many of them being "POC") are suffering from this wave of retail thefts. Yall fake Progressives kill me.

Daps
Fukk that article!! Address my posts.

Black business owners are being impacted by these criminals. Are these Black business owners lying too? They don't have tons of money like these Corporations. They don't have unlimited insurance funds.

You don't want to believe that the big corporate owned stores are suffering. fine. You can't deny that small business owners (many of them being "POC") are suffering from this wave of retail thefts. Yall fake Progressives kill me.

They lied about this shyt but people keep eating up this propagandized bullshyt, and yes, theft is literally in their financial plans

“The National Retail Federation had said that nearly half of the industry’s $94.5 billion in missing merchandise in 2021 was the result of organized theft. It was likely closer to 5 percent, experts say.”

“In fact, retail theft has been lower this yearin most of the country than it was a few years ago, according to police data. Some exceptions, including New York City, exist. But in most major cities, shoplifting incidents have fallen 7 percent since 2019.

Organized retail crime, in which multiple individuals steal products from several stores to later sell on the black market, is a real phenomenon, said Trevor Wagener, the chief economist at the Computer & Communications Industry Association, who has conducted research on retail data. But he said organized groups were likely responsible for just about 5 percent of the store merchandise that disappeared from 2016 to 2020.”

Have a nice day white man, please return to st0rmfr0nt and work on your cosplay

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Have a nice day white man, please return to st0rmfr0nt and work on your cosplay

@saturn7 dont let this guy talk to you about the fake militant race shyt he pulling in here, it wasnt no more than a few days ago he was lusting and talking about hitting a tranny looking white woman

I’d hit but my taste in women is all over the place :heh: :yeshrug:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
some businesses cant be covered by insurance (cannabis)

and insurance doesnt cover everything and especially not all the time.

Plus even if you enable insurance, the pay outs arent instant and even as the payment comes in, you are still down inventory.

Example:

Lets say robbers hit a Gucci store, steal $50,000 worth of items. Insurance covers that, but now the Gucci store has nothing to sell. Rent and bills dont stop coming, plus you need to pay for the replacement items to arrive until insurance covers the cost of the previous lost stolen goods. So basically you are losing a week or longer of sales, while waiting for inventory and you are operating at a cash flow deficit until insurance does a pay out. In mean while you are just praying you dont get robbed again. At least stores like Gucci have cash flow to cover this, smaller businesses who are month to month on bills may not always have the cash flow to re up on inventory until insurance pays out.

So major retailers feel this isnt worth the head ache and are moving out.
Yes and once the retailers are gone and the money from Bipping cars isn’t enough, we will start seeing home invasion crews in the bay. It’s one of already started but the line is getting pushed. They are doing garages and cars…

Eventually they are going to continue creeping up the stairs for more.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Haven't really heard a peep out of liberals for more vocational programs in schools. Specifically impoverished schools where many of these badass kids probably won't be going to college. I guess it's time to just lock them up. Even when we had vocational programs the libs couldn't give enough funding to keep them updated with the times so a lot of their initiatives are just token or just designed to be kept current for white kids that are going to college

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Two Young Black Business owners, victims of constant theft and vandalism.

He must be lying right Limpwristed Liberal? Someone needs to tell him to stop complaining because crime is down.

This is a corporate conspiracy right? The thieves must be on the corporate payroll right?

see-no-evil-13338034.jpg

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
People with Black parents excusing criminal behavior and questioning measures to punish & deter it is something I don't think I'll ever get used to.

This shyt is not without nuance. Historically these types of policies are always enforced against black people to an unbalanced degree. So people distrust the enforcers.

I find it hard to believe stores are really getting oceans' elevened to the degree that this is necessary, but I guess I'll take yall word for it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This shyt is not without nuance. Historically these types of policies are always enforced against black people to an unbalanced degree. So people distrust the enforcers.

I find it hard to believe stores are really getting oceans' elevened to the degree that this is necessary, but I guess I'll take yall word for it.
When you bring up nuance, note that Gov. Newsome used the term "professional thieves". I expressed the view earlier in the thread that crooks have taken advantage of loopholes and openings in laws meant to reform the criminal justice system.

I think eventually voters and elected officials will amend Prop 47, and close that loop hole. And amend other reforms to close loop holes for crooks,

The announcement of what is coming down the pike from Cali (and NY) is meant to be a deterrent. Both states have and will provide social services, and economic/job training assistance to those who need it and might be stealing out of desperation and hunger.

For all others, the hammer will come down. As it should.

morris

Superstar
Daps
False.
Youre thinking of the free market folks..
The crony capitalist we are dealing with here love gov intervention and seek to make it work for them at every turn.
Hope they feel the same way when it comes to audit and taxes too

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What makes me sick about these robberies is that...like from a moral perspective I couldn't bring myself to go into a store and try to take an iPhone or designer bag and run out of the store with it.

He could.