"Ha Ha Suck Our Clinton Dix, We Back in the Mix!" The Official 2014 Green Bay Packers Season Thread

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
:noah: This shyt was worse than 4 & 29 or when that nikka Ahmad Carroll was the express route on our Secondary.

Ahmad. Carroll.

My gawd - I've buried that name away for so long. Homie was a guaranteed PI on every play.

And in another thread I was thinking about that Jamal Reynolds pick too. Jebus fukkn shiest man.[/QUOTE]

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This fat fukk said " i had a set amount of running plays and i wanted to hit 20 no matter what "

:mindblown: you fukking hog so you keep going 3 and out 3 and out yet u wanna stick to the game plan cause of your selfish reasoning :dahell:

I said it before the season began, MM CANNOT call a game with Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy on the field. He doesn't know how to call a hybrid run/pass game.

I realized this the very first game I saw them together. Remember ARod was injured during much of Lacy's rookie year. So all of those run plays occurred specifically because he did not want Flynn to throw the ball.
Ask yourself, how many times did the Packers call screen plays before Lacy joined the team? :sas1:

Ask yourself, why did the packers wait until the playoff game with the 49ers before lining Dujuan Harris 2 yards closer to ARod, which resulted in a successful ground and pound game. Ask yourself if you've seen that again or was Dujuan Harris unable to see the field all season :sas1:

just remember this is the same dumb fukk that thought Seneca Wallace should be ARod's back up.

The zone blocking scheme has never worked since MM got here but he refuses to change it

Here is my case and point - in the beginning of the year we always lined up in a 4 receiver set to pass or in a 2 tight end set to run. The play calling was predictable. It's the reason we lost the first Seattle game, the first lions game and the Saints game.

During the bills game, the only drive to result in a touchdown occurred when Lacy and Kuhn lined in an "offset I" with 3 WR's. It was so successful MM never used the formation again that game :sas1:. A Rod keeps throwing the ball, despite the run game being our strong point that game - and we lose

Then A Rod goes down with the calf strain. Lo and behold - what package comes out? A pistol formation in an offset I with 3 WR's. :sas2:

Lacy eats. A Rod arguably looks even better in the pocket. Protection still holds up. The only thing that falls off is Jordy Nelson's ability to catch the ball. The 2 back-3WR set is successful. It works. But it only comes out "in case of emergency."

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Other coaching gaffes? How do you have a team that has that much trouble moving the ball (and in turn scoring points), lineup for a field goal, and you NOT beat the possibility of a fake into the 11 guys on the FG unit? Seriously? Between that and Bostick, I honestly think Shawn Slocum will lose his job. Also, the main culprit on the fake field goal? None other than BRAD fukkING JONES. Do you realize that they (Seattle) were only gonna fake it if Brad Jones lined up on the left side? Think about that: other teams (and this came from JON RYAN, THEIR fukkING PUNTER) are so aware of how awful Jones is, that they had a fake fukking field goal ready to go provided he lined up in the right spot. If he didn't line up on the left side, they were gonna take a delay, and just kick the field goal. Like the missed points in the first quarter, those 4 points were the difference in the ballgame.

So here's my thing - as much as I do want to shyt on Brad Jones, he still forced the fumble and created a scoring opportunity for us early.

Davon House and AJ Hawk are just as much to blame. Davon House crashed too hard off the edge and allowed the holder to get around him.

But I think it's important to point out things like this because as we saw all game, Seattle's winning plays came when they challenged our MLB's: Brad Jones, AJ Hawk & Barrington.

In fact I can literally make the argument that they are the sole reason we lost the game.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I don't hate John Kuhn, but anytime he is running the ball with Lacy or Starks on the field, is stupid.

The dude should be block full time now, or catching the ball.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
If your a true packers fan you know how trash MM play calling has been . This dude is so fukking stubborn it blows my fukking mind brehs.

Y'all gotta listen to this dudes press conference after the game its like he really doesn't get it .

I'm tired young real shyt my heart is fukking broken for real.

This fat fukk said " i had a set amount of running plays and i wanted to hit 20 no matter what "

:mindblown: you fukking hog so you keep going 3 and out 3 and out yet u wanna stick to the game plan cause of your selfish reasoning :dahell: .

We were killing them in the middle my goodness man fukk this shyt :mjcry:

Rogers and cobb man come on breh you couldn't give them a chance to make a play.

:mjcry:

What makes me so sad is we are always injured man its like some kinda sick curse.

The one year we are remotely healthy we don't get it done.

I'm sick man never been this heart broken over a game.

They did change the offseason conditioning program and we made fun of it early on thinking it wouldn't work but whatever they did with that and the training staff worked to perfection.

With the way Raji looked in preseason, we really missed what he would have brought. Guion played good but let's be reality, Raji is much more talented and we've seen him play really well in the past before 2012 and 2013.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So here's my thing - as much as I do want to shyt on Brad Jones, he still forced the fumble and created a scoring opportunity for us early.

Davon House and AJ Hawk are just as much to blame. Davon House crashed too hard off the edge and allowed the holder to get around him.

But I think it's important to point out things like this because as we saw all game, Seattle's winning plays came when they challenged our MLB's: Brad Jones, AJ Hawk & Barrington.

In fact I can literally make the argument that they are the sole reason we lost the game.
I would agree, if it weren't for this article:

Now for the bigger and bolder decision, the play that ignited Seattle’s comeback, punter Jon Ryan’s 19-yard touchdown pass to Garry Gilliam on a fake field goal. Ryan had been lobbying for the call during the week of practice, after special teams coach Brian Schneider’s staff identified the weak link in the Packers field goal block team.

Reserve linebacker Brad Jones was recklessly aggressive coming off the edge on film. He consistently darted hard to the inside in an effort to get the block, and often went to unnecessary lengths to do so. Against Dallas in their divisional game, he lined up on the left side three times and on the right once, and on one attempt he tried to leap over a blocker only to get stonewalled.

B7upTwNCcAIze-j.jpg

So with five minutes left in the third quarter and Seattle still trailing 16-0, Carroll gave Ryan the go-ahead to execute a fake specifically designed for this game. Ryan had two options:

1. Take the snap and roll out to Jones’ side with either Garry Gilliam (left side) or Luke Willson (right) as a receiving option. If the linebacker covers the receiver, Ryan should run. If not, throw it.

2. If Jones isn’t on the field, take a delay of game penalty and then kick the field goal.

“Kickers are head-jobs anyway,” Ryan said within earshot of Hauschka, “so you don’t want to screw them around.”

Jones showed up on the left side, which meant undrafted rookie tackle Garry Gilliam would get the throw if necessary. Gilliam, a converted tight end out of Penn State, hadn’t caught a touchdown since high school.

“I broke the huddle like, Please be on my side, please be on my side,” Gilliam says. “And then [Jones] was.” -- LMAO, how ridiculous is this? Jesus.

Linebacker A.J. Hawk committed to stopping Ryan’s run, so Ryan lofted the ball over Hawk and into Gilliam’s mitts, becoming the second Canadian to throw a touchdown in the NFL playoffs (the first was Mark Rypien). But it’s nothing new for Ryan to be featured in a fake attempt; over his career he’s run for two first downs with one coming on an option run with Hauschka against Washington this season.

Players say that each week Schneider dreams up some contingency that only rarely comes into play. A week earlier, it was alerting Kam Chancellor to a subtle tell in Carolina’s field goal formation, enabling Chancellor to hurdle the Panthers’ line not once but twice.

“They do their research,” Gilliam says. “Every week we have plays like that. There are little things that the coaches research and can pick up on. I can’t even remember all of them. I just drop them from my memory and move on every week.”

Credit to Schneider for doing the grunt work, Carroll for making a pair of gutsy calls, and Seattle’s fearless and fast-thinking special teamers. They are as big a reason as any that the Seahawks will get a shot at a title defense.

I don't hate John Kuhn, but anytime he is running the ball with Lacy or Starks on the field, is stupid.

The dude should be block full time now, or catching the ball.

I agree 100%. Every time he gets a carry, I'm either telling my girl, or the TV (along with the rest of an empty room) that giving the ball to him is a waste when we have Lacy or Starks to give the ball to. The only exception would be when we get creative, which came into effect on one play on Sunday. It was out of a "Full House" look (Rodgers & Lacy in Pistol (Lacy directly behind Rodgers if you're unfamiliar), with Kuhn and a TE to either side of Rodgers). They ran out of this formation one time I believe, gave it to Kuhn, and he got like 7 yards IIRC.

It's plays like that that we should be running at the goal line, as opposed to lining up in the "of course we're gonna run" basic goaline formation. Out of the Pistol Full House, you have so many different options for the defense to worry about.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I agree 100%. Every time he gets a carry, I'm either telling my girl, or the TV (along with the rest of an empty room) that giving the ball to him is a waste when we have Lacy or Starks to give the ball to. The only exception would be when we get creative, which came into effect on one play on Sunday. It was out of a "Full House" look (Rodgers & Lacy in Pistol (Lacy directly behind Rodgers if you're unfamiliar), with Kuhn and a TE to either side of Rodgers). They ran out of this formation one time I believe, gave it to Kuhn, and he got like 7 yards IIRC.

It's plays like that that we should be running at the goal line, as opposed to lining up in the "of course we're gonna run" basic goaline formation. Out of the Pistol Full House, you have so many different options for the defense to worry about.

NCAA Football breh, Nevada runs that scheme :troll:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ding-press-conference-postponed-brother-death

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Mike McCarthy's season-ending press conference was postponed Wednesday after the Green Bay Packers coach learned that his brother, Joe McCarthy III, died at age 47.

McCarthy left Green Bay and flew to Pittsburgh, where Joe was a lawyer. He is one of five children of Ellen and Joe McCarthy Jr.

According to KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Joe McCarthy III collapsed at a local gym Wednesday morning and was taken to UPMC Passavant hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Mike McCarthy often spoke of his close-knit family from the Greenfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. He and his siblings worked in their father's local tavern, Joe McCarthy's Bar and Grill.

"The Packers family was very saddened today to learn of the passing of Joseph McCarthy III, the younger brother of Mike McCarthy," the team said in a statement. "Our sincere condolences are with Joe and Ellen, Mike and Jessica, and the entire McCarthy family.

"The McCarthy family appreciates the overwhelming support they have received, as well as the respect for their privacy, during this difficult time."

Funeral arrangements were pending. The Packers said McCarthy's season-ending press conference would be rescheduled.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
That is heart breaking considering what he just went through .

Rip my condolences to his family .

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
:noah: This shyt was worse than 4 & 29 or when that nikka Ahmad Carroll was the express route on our Secondary.

Why didn't Aaron audible.. :to:

I don't hate Bostick though, but still that shyt is fukked up.

Actually, we drafted Ahmad Carroll after 4th and 26...

4th and 26 happened because of Sharper and Barnett

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ding-press-conference-postponed-brother-death

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Mike McCarthy's season-ending press conference was postponed Wednesday after the Green Bay Packers coach learned that his brother, Joe McCarthy III, died at age 47.

McCarthy left Green Bay and flew to Pittsburgh, where Joe was a lawyer. He is one of five children of Ellen and Joe McCarthy Jr.

According to KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh, Joe McCarthy III collapsed at a local gym Wednesday morning and was taken to UPMC Passavant hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Mike McCarthy often spoke of his close-knit family from the Greenfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. He and his siblings worked in their father's local tavern, Joe McCarthy's Bar and Grill.

"The Packers family was very saddened today to learn of the passing of Joseph McCarthy III, the younger brother of Mike McCarthy," the team said in a statement. "Our sincere condolences are with Joe and Ellen, Mike and Jessica, and the entire McCarthy family.

"The McCarthy family appreciates the overwhelming support they have received, as well as the respect for their privacy, during this difficult time."

Funeral arrangements were pending. The Packers said McCarthy's season-ending press conference would be rescheduled.

Screw football. Hope Coach MM and his fam pull through. :salute: Losing his younger brother like that is devastating.