Halfway through the NBA season, who do you think will win the MVP?

Who Do You Think Will Will MVP?

• Giannis

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • KD

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Jokic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Embiid

• Steph

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • LeBron

• Ja

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • DeMar

• Gobert

• CP3

• Other

• Total voters

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think this is one of the closest MVP races I've seen in awhile. A look at the candidates

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, 28.5 ppg on 54/28/71, 11.3 rebounds, 6.1 assists, Team Record: 27-18 (4th in the East)
Absolutely dominant on both ends and the fact that the Bucks are 4th despite all the injuries and COVID issues they've dealt with is impressive. Think the only thing stopping him from winning it is voter fatigue.

2. Kevin Durant, 29.3 ppg on 52/37/89, 7.4 rebounds, 5.8 assists. Team Record: 27-15 (2nd in the East)
Best player in the world and would've been my pick for MVP if not for his injury. At this point though I think he'll end up missing too many games similar to Embiid last year

3. Nikola Jokic, 25.3 ppg on 56/36/78, 13.9 rebounds, 7.4 assists, Team Record: 22-20 (6th in the west)
Arguably the best offensive player in the league and he's improved a lot on defense. Carrying a depleted Nuggets squad who are basically G league status when he's not on the floor. I don't think the Nuggets will have a good enough record to justify giving him the MVP again though.

4. Joel Embiid, 27.2 ppg on 48/36/81, 10.6 rebounds, 4.3 assists, Team Record: 25-17 (5th in the east)
After a slow start offensively, Embiid has been one of if not the best two-way player in basketball for the past month and the Sixers are winning (9-1 in their last 10) despite their 2nd best player never playing a game and their 3rd best player having a down year. He's also improved tremendously as a playmaker, passing out of double teams, making the right reads and at times playing point center. And he's also playing the best defense of his career. If the Sixers can get a top 3 spot in the east and if he stays healthy, I think he gets it this year (that's a big if though)

5. Steph Curry, 26.3 ppg on 42/38/91, 5.4 rebounds, 6 assists, Team Record: 31-12 (2nd in the west)
Started off scorching hot and the Warriors are a finals contender. He's fallen off badly this past month though and I'm not sure how serious his injury is. He has the narrative to win it if he can pick things up again the second half of the season but I don't see him overtaking the four players I have above him.

6. LeBron James, 28.9 ppg on 52/36/77, 7/5 rebounds, 6.5 assists, Team Record: 21-22 (8th in the west)
Dude has been incredibly offensively, even more impressive considering his age. He's dropping some of the best numbers of his career, only difference is he's not elevating his teammates like he normally does. So I don't see him winning it unless there's a dramatic turnaround for the Lakers.

7. Ja Morant, 24.4 ppg on 48/35/77, 5.8 rebounds, 6.8 assists, Team Record: 30-15 (4th in the west)
Dude has elevated his game even more this year and the Grizzlies are looking like legit title contenders. The one knock against him would be the fact that the Grizz looked just as elite when Ja wasn't playing.

8. DeMar Derozan, 25.7 ppg on 49/35/85, 5.2 rebounds, 4.8 assists, Team Record: 27-14 (1st in the east)
If his name wasn't DeMar Derozan he'd probably be getting way more hype as an MVP candidate. Insanely clutch, money from midrange and the biggest reason for the Bulls being the surprise team of the season so far. If the Bulls can maintain the number one seed with Lavine being injured I think DeMar will start getting more consideration.

9. Rudy Gobert, 15.6 ppg on 71/0/68, 15.2 rebounds, 1.1 assists, Team Record: 29-14 (3rd in the west)
Doesn't have the offensive numbers as the other candidates but still the best defender in the NBA and anyone who watches the Jazz can see his impact on the court. Jazz are a play-in team without him and a title contender with him.

10. Chris Paul, 13.9 ppg on 47/32/84, 4.3 rebounds, 9.9 assists, Team Record: 33-9 (1st in the west)
Numbers aren't great compared to the other candidates and you can argue that Booker is just as if not more important to the Suns success but he's still the floor general on the team with the best record in the NBA. So that's gotta count for something.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
truly is a toss up this year.

i'd give a slight edge to Giannis right now tho :yeshrug:

Derozen in the mix too (Lonzo and Caruso have been huge pickups for the Bulls as well).

really don't know.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Durant right now but the injury will hurt him especially if the Nets hold the fort and still are top 4 when he returns. I think Giannis or Joker has a chance to add another won if their teams can keep winning.