Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Lol so if landlords can't make a profit off of their property they paid for, and decide not to buy property, what's the next move?

Let me guess, the Government should just take over housing and assign everyone a place to live right?

But don't put me in some icky suburb or county, I need to live in the city. Me and 50 million other millennials.

What do you mean there's not enough room for all of us?

But seriously, it seems like a whole generation of people just completely don't understand supply and demand. They take it as a personal attack when things they hype up and covet increase in value.
This is EXACTLY how it would go down :dead:

Maude

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Midwest
Rent control is only a temp solution.

Government needs to ease up on regulations and let builders build more apartments.

With all the regulations, they only build luxury apartments because of profit margins.

I understand why rent control is necessary cause they go to the hood and buy all the property and lease at market rate.
Now only middle class can afford to live in the area. Rents are increasing but americans wages arent :francis:

Some cities like here make the developers restrict a certain amount of units to a income restriction which is another temporary solution.

Standing on business

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn't mind seeing some red on the landlords. :demonic:

Why? Some landlords are normal people who made good investments on real estate at the right time. I’m not one of them but I know a few who are normal everyday people. Are they not allowed to get a return on their investment?

87 others

Superstar
Daps
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion
This is possibly the best post to come from The Coli - and I'm 100% serious. If I could rep I would.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Why? Some landlords are normal people who made good investments on real estate at the right time. I’m not one of them but I know a few who are normal everyday people. Are they not allowed to get a return on their investment?
"They're not broke so they don't deserve it."

"They probably did something illegal."

"I can't do it so how can they?"

SithLawd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion
:wow:

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
Rent control is only a temp solution.

Government needs to ease up on regulations and let builders build more apartments.

With all the regulations, they only build luxury apartments because of profit margins.
The elephant in the room with ever increasing real estate prices in the US is immigration. With a porous border, there is practically unlimited demand for American real estate. That doesn't mean it's in our interest to satisfy that demand. I mean, the US could probably accommodate 1 billion+ people, but that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The elephant in the room with ever increasing real estate prices in the US is immigration. With a porous border, there is practically unlimited demand for American real estate. That doesn't mean it's in our interest to satisfy that demand. I mean, the US could probably accommodate 1 billion+ people, but that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea.

Support eugenics if thats your,viewpoint.