Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
The elephant in the room with ever increasing real estate prices in the US is immigration. With a porous border, there is practically unlimited demand for American real estate. That doesn't mean it's in our interest to satisfy that demand. I mean, the US could probably accommodate 1 billion+ people, but that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea.
But most illegals don't even cross the southern border. They fly in and overstay visas...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion
This is one of the dumbest post in the history of the coli. And everyone who dapped it is equally stupid. You guys need to stop pretending to have done any research. The only smart thing was @Barnett114 saying there is a lack of affordable housing and more units need to be built as well. These policies are not i isolation. But the tendency of people to just assume that the person with money is the one doing something right is one of the most problematic issues in America. Raising rates 10 percent over the year isn’t to cover any new costs. It is to maximize profit at the expense of the tenant.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Rent control is only a temp solution.

Government needs to ease up on regulations and let builders build more apartments.

With all the regulations, they only build luxury apartments because of profit margins.

Fax. SOOOO many apts being built in LA right now and they're all luxury spots.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is one of the dumbest post in the history of the coli. And everyone who dapped it is equally stupid. You guys need to stop pretending to have done any research. The only smart thing was @Barnett114 saying there is a lack of affordable housing and more units need to be built as well. These policies are not i isolation. But the tendency of people to just assume that the person with money is the one doing something right is one of the most problematic issues in America. Raising rates 10 percent over the year isn’t to cover any new costs. It is to maximize profit at the expense of the tenant.

You can only raise rents if people are willing to pay the increase

If an area becomes "popular", more people will want to live there, and some of those people will have more money than others.

So if I'm a person who has made an investment in real estate, and my goal is to profit off of that investment, why wouldn't I take advantage of the rising popularity of my property? Again, I made an investment, I didn't start a charity.

Because when the value of that property increases the government isn't gonna show mercy and leave my property taxes alone.

See how easy that was to use critical thinking. And I didn't need a million dollar study or 3 TEDx talks to juelz myself. I just critically thought of the situation.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That man Hannibal was on before any of that :what: shyt happened. I still don’t know why people even bring that shyt up when discussing it. All he said was “google him”
:what: Stans on here are almost up there with :pachaha: stans in terms of mental illness

SuperNintendo Chalmers

Send it to the friggin moon idiot
Daps
Reppin
My goddamn self. Shout out to my real Africans

Someone called that dumb ass post the best post on the Coli of all time. :mjlol:

Who cares that housing is becoming unaffordable, and that its taking up more than a third of peoples paychecks...Lets all cry for the real estate folks who can't maximize their profits:skip:

The Coli Capitalists. :manny:

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
If overpopulation is a concern, set population limits by sterilizing people.
I'm not interested in telling people how many kids they can have. Almost all of the population growth in the US comes from immigration. If people who are already here are having trouble paying for housing, what sense does it make to allow mass immigration?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rent control is only a temp solution.

Government needs to ease up on regulations and let builders build more apartments.

With all the regulations, they only build luxury apartments because of profit margins.
They don't build only luxury appartments because regulations make regular appartments unprofitable, they build luxury appartments because of the bigger markup, since rich people buy them for insane prices to park their money somewhere. Governments doesn't need to ease up on regulations, it needs to start spending on housing and infrastructure, which will a) increase the supply in housing and b) will allow the fed to increase interest rates, which will decrease the demand for real estate as a safe investment. And they need to regulate Airbnb.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
You can only raise rents if people are willing to pay the increase

If an area becomes "popular", more people will want to live there, and some of those people will have more money than others.

So if I'm a person who has made an investment in real estate, and my goal is to profit off of that investment, why wouldn't I take advantage of the rising popularity of my property? Again, I made an investment, I didn't start a charity.

Because when the value of that property increases the government isn't gonna show mercy and leave my property taxes alone.

See how easy that was to use critical thinking. And I didn't need a million dollar study or 3 TEDx talks to juelz myself. I just critically thought of the situation.

Yes but it's residential real estate which is not that profitable unless you own a bunch of it. Residential Real Estate is the wrong business to be in if you are all about the buck. You are going to sink money in maintenance with not that much profit.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Lol so if landlords can't make a profit off of their property they paid for, and decide not to buy property, what's the next move?

Let me guess, the Government should just take over housing and assign everyone a place to live right?

But don't put me in some icky suburb or county, I need to live in the city. Me and 50 million other millennials.

What do you mean there's not enough room for all of us?

But seriously, it seems like a whole generation of people just completely don't understand supply and demand. They take it as a personal attack when things they hype up and covet increase in value.

Hasty generalizations
8Ce2Afj.png

Hasty generalizations everywhere
8Ce2Afj.png

Daps
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion

You must be a slumlord somewhere.

Peasants like us are in favor of rent control because its the difference between having somewhere to live and being homeless. I know you six figure coli brehs cant relate to us, but some of us just want to live in one place more than 6 months at a time.