Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The point remains that "live below your means" isn't a one size fits all answer. Honestly, how many people do you really believe that applies to? Is it more than 50 percent?
8Ce2Afj.png

It should apply to everybody. Log off the internet, get out of your echo chamber, and stop letting Hollywood give you your perception of poverty, and actually hang out with some real people. They won't bite, or shoot u for being in the wrong neighborhood or any of that other tv stuff.

You would be shocked at what the people you consider "poor" actually do with their money. And I'm not talking about buying Jordan's or that stereotypical shyt.

Have you ever seen a nikka use their tax money to buy a 10 year old foreign car with 200k miles on it just to stunt and then can't afford the maintenance when it breaks down? Because I have. Too many times to count.

Have you ever seen a family almost get evicted because everyone in the house got iPhone Xs, including 10 or 11 year old children? Apparently androids are broke nikka shyt. I have.

Have you ever seen someone on a fixed income spend 40 bucks a day on lottery then complain about not having anything to eat? Literally just saw my old head slim at the store doing this.

I could go on and on with stuff I've seen over my 34 years on this planet. Because I'm a people watcher. I talk to people and try to understand their situations and their motivations. I've hung out in trap houses, I've been on the golf course with millionaires.

Life isn't as simple as poor people = good, well off people = evil.

The only time u actually see tv style poverty is when there are drugs or mental illness involved

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So by your logic, the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 is empty rhetoric and the government can't declare anything. So is the minimum wage laws. This is ENFORCEMENT of stopping illegal practices started by white supremacists, and you want to continue that.

And rising rents in cities means that places in the burbs and rural areas so rise as well. Its a catastrophic ripple effect that leaves people with less disposable income and makes it practically impossible to buy property in an area not surrounded by farmland.

Your beloved Norway and Sweden don't even have a minimum wage...

And we could have an entirely new thread debating the merits of the civil rights act. Just know that I think abandoning black institutions to patronize whit ones that didn't even want you there probably wasn't the smartest move to make

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
This all depends on where you live and what your property tax is
the scumbag shyt is the way they can bend and loophole regulations to get out of renting or avoid shyt like this legally
coming from a landlord... you make more than enough without doing anything to be a complete piece of shyt :ohlawd:
where I'm at, I pay the 1600$ tax and thats literally paid off with 1.3 months of rent. That's 11.7 profit for me for doing nothing at all.

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
After reading arguments on both sides and understanding both sides, there’s no clear solution for this.

Nothing short of building a lot of affordable housing. I do not support rent gouging, but all economists are in agreement about the inefficiencies of rent control.

But yeah, build a lot of housing and flood the market, that'll drive away speculative landlords.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
You would be shocked at what the people you consider "poor" actually do with their money. And I'm not talking about buying Jordan's or that stereotypical shyt.

Ok.

Have you ever seen a nikka use their tax money to buy a 10 year old foreign car with 200k miles on it just to stunt and then can't afford the maintenance when it breaks down? Because I have. Too many times to count.

Have you ever seen a family almost get evicted because everyone in the house got iPhone Xs, including 10 or 11 year old children? Apparently androids are broke nikka shyt. I have.

Have you ever seen someone on a fixed income spend 40 bucks a day on lottery then complain about not having anything to eat? Literally just saw my old head slim at the store doing this.

And you listed a bunch of stereotypical shyt.

I'm not denying that this happens but you're not gonna leap above the poverty line cutting that out either.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Landlords make plenty of profit. Stop that. Do the math. Don't blame the tenants. Blame the greedy landlords folks turned a blind eye to. Since folks in the field won't police each other? Hell yeah bring in a bigger entity.

Sorry not sorry.

On average 50% of the rent you paying is profit to the landlord. But all it takes is roof damage or something else major happening to destroy whatever profit the landlord was going to make for the next few years. You paying $900, $1000 a month. The costs for the owner is maybe $500. If they had to repair something that was $20,000....then what? Why shouldnt they be compensated for shouldering that risk? As long as the landlord is not a slumlord I don’t got a problem with it. They bought the crib. They paying for the taxes, repairs and mortgage. They need to get their bread back. If you got a problem with that, buy your own property. Problem solved. Then let’s hear y’all talk then.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
This is one of the dumbest post in the history of the coli. And everyone who dapped it is equally stupid. You guys need to stop pretending to have done any research. The only smart thing was @Barnett114 saying there is a lack of affordable housing and more units need to be built as well. These policies are not i isolation. But the tendency of people to just assume that the person with money is the one doing something right is one of the most problematic issues in America. Raising rates 10 percent over the year isn’t to cover any new costs. It is to maximize profit at the expense of the tenant.

Fucc this post

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok.

And you listed a bunch of stereotypical shyt.

I'm not denying that this happens but you're not gonna leap above the poverty line cutting that out either.

Lol that's all real shyt I see often.

And how wouldn't cutting those things out help you cross the poverty line.

1. People in the hood with kids can get up to around 8k in tax money. Blowing it every year instead of using that money productively hurts. Saving it for one or 2 years will put you in the position to buy a house, the mortgage is cheaper than rent most of the time, and they also accumulate equity.

Not to mention having improved credit and collateral to use to acquire low interest loans. Loans that could be used to start a small side business for extra revenue, or used to supplement a reduced hours income while one goes back to school.

2. 4 iphone xs brand new are about 4000 worth of phones. If you can pay for that You could pay for a year or 2 of community college. Also see #1.

3. The guy spending 40 bucks a day isn't even at the poverty line, he's just on a fixed income and spends money foolishly. But if you don't see how throwing away that much money a day will negatively affect your finances, idk what to tell you.

The same way a lot of conservatives look at poor people with disdain, a lot of liberals look at them as hopeless victims of circumstance with no way to improve their situation.

Both are terrible views to have of adults who are of sound mind and body