Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean that you cant get the profits that you desire, right? :mjgrin:

And I told you before, I am far from broke nor do I give the broke man vibe to women. Keep that provider role and be the simp to delusional women. :whistle:

Lower the cost of living so that everyone can be free of hyperinflated rent prices. Go against authority figures, and not bow down to what they say and accept it. That is some white supremacist shyt you kicking.

When you give the government the power to control what people do with their private property, that's a rabbit hole you can't get out of.

I find it odd u claim to be so pro black but you wanna give MORE power to a government that has historically oppressed black people.

You're trying to solve a problem by introducing an even bigger problem.

But that's what selfish people do, they live for the moment and whatever will make them feel temporarily better and completely ignore the possible consequences of their actions.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Rents get raised everywhere yeah, but the point is to live below your means and make moves for the future so that you're not a 40 year old man begging the government to force someone to rent you a place for what you want to pay.

Wages are stagnant while rental prices continue to rise
8Ce2Afj.png

Rental rates outpace the rate of inflation
8Ce2Afj.png

"Live below your means" isn't a one size fits all answer
8Ce2Afj.png

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is that what you think rent control is?

:pachaha:

That's exactly what it is. If I have people willing to give me x amount of dollars but the government says I can only charge y, then the government has overstepped its boundaries and interfered with a mutual agreement between 2 adults

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So are we taking on Hannibal burress trolls or we letting them cook?

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wages are stagnant while rental prices continue to rise
8Ce2Afj.png

Rental rates outpace the rate of inflation
8Ce2Afj.png

"Live below your means" isn't a one size fits all answer
8Ce2Afj.png

Maybe if we adopted a strict immigration like wakanda, wages would start to rise...

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Wise men build bridges, while the foolish build barriers."
OMs2nwP.png

Lol that was referring to them interacting with the outside world, they still didn't open the borders

They pulled up on that poor kid, showed him a spaceship and left his ass in Oakland on some "we got you cuz, we be back" type shyt

Daps
When you give the government the power to control what people do with their private property, that's a rabbit hole you can't get out of.

I find it odd u claim to be so pro black but you wanna give MORE power to a government that has historically oppressed black people.

But that's what selfish people do, they live for the moment and whatever will make them feel temporarily better and completely ignore the possible consequences of their actions.

Is this dumb shyt directed at me?

:heh:

If being opposed to price gouging makes me a selfish c00n, then i'll gladly be that
:jawalrus:

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Lol so if landlords can't make a profit off of their property they paid for, and decide not to buy property, what's the next move?

Let me guess, the Government should just take over housing and assign everyone a place to live right?

But don't put me in some icky suburb or county, I need to live in the city. Me and 50 million other millennials.

What do you mean there's not enough room for all of us?

But seriously, it seems like a whole generation of people just completely don't understand supply and demand. They take it as a personal attack when things they hype up and covet increase in value.
Landlords make plenty of profit. Stop that. Do the math. Don't blame the tenants. Blame the greedy landlords folks turned a blind eye to. Since folks in the field won't police each other? Hell yeah bring in a bigger entity.

Sorry not sorry.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
@HellRell804 you seriously think landlord's can only turn a profit by price gouging? If so then yeah let's flush out the folks who just have to price gouge and bring in some folks with financial sense.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps

So by your logic, the Civil Rights Bill of 1964 is empty rhetoric and the government can't declare anything. So is the minimum wage laws. This is ENFORCEMENT of stopping illegal practices started by white supremacists, and you want to continue that.

And rising rents in cities means that places in the burbs and rural areas so rise as well. Its a catastrophic ripple effect that leaves people with less disposable income and makes it practically impossible to buy property in an area not surrounded by farmland.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I mean as most people rent I understand but as a property owner, I have to repair, heat. keep the water hot/running, exterminate sometimes, and pay a mortgage on a building this stuff costs money. I think the bigger think is making sure the renters are protected in other ways. I think the other issue is cities cap how many apts a city can house as homeowners contribute a lot more to the tax base relative to the household size.
And you have to account for vacancies, non-payin' tenants, etc. All of that goes into the rent amount.

None of yall answered the question and just gave "Just World" advice as if you automatically know a random person's circumstance.
Im betting yall have no problem with gentrification as well...
Major problem. But I do my best to educate folks. My 1st flip was a long term play as I didn't have the money to invest right away. While there, watchin' the neighborhood turn like I expected, I witnessed folks sell homes for way less than they were worth. Family across the street from me sold for $80K when you couldn't get a fixer upper my my neighborhood for less than $450K. Why? Because it needed a lot of work.

I made it a point to tell everyone I could not to accept less than that if they were considerin' sellin'. But when you paid $50-100K, and someone offers $200K cash, ignorance kicks in.

And like someone said earlier, you have to know rentin' is short term. When things start improvin', like we all want, you can't expect the prices to stay the same.
How the fukk do you expect people to save money to buy a goddamn house if their living expenses keep getting jacked up?

Do you understand math?!!

:mindblown:
The economics here are unfortunate. That person typically has to move.

But there are things in place. Tenants get 1st right of refusal when rentals get sold. Pool those funds & buy the buildin'. I work in affordable housin', and there's a project in the pipeline now with tenants ownin' a portion of the buildin'.

There are also home buyin' programs. I bough my 1st house through one. No closin' cost, no down payment & no concern for credit scores. They just want you payin' who you owe. Buy what you qualify for.
Landlords make plenty of profit. Stop that. Do the math. Don't blame the tenants. Blame the greedy landlords folks turned a blind eye to. Since folks in the field won't police each other? Hell yeah bring in a bigger entity.

Sorry not sorry.
I personally know landlords not cakin'. Real estate is risky. Small buildin', one non-payin' tenant can ruin you. And part of what renters pay is the likelihood of a certain % of tenants not payin', vacancies, broken leases, etc.

In developin' areas, taxes go up on landlords, folks get sued, fined... in some ways, some landlords are in worse positions than tenants. A tenant can dip & find another crib. An owner has a tougher time sellin' a property, full of low rent payin' tenants.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@HellRell804 you seriously think landlord's can only turn a profit by price gouging? If so then yeah let's flush out the folks who just have to price gouge and bring in some folks with financial sense.

It's not even about that. Even the concept of price gouging is subjective as hell. If a place is too expensive for you, MOVE

But as long as people are willing to pay an amount, people should be able to get that money.

No one is forcing anyone to rent places for decades.

And you can't just "bring in" new landlords. These people put money up to buy property and maintain it. They didnt just win a raffle.

Now if the property isn't being maintained, then they're a slumlord and in violation of the lease. Record that shyt, take it to the news and put them on blast. But just because the area you live in has increased in popularity over the years and the rents rise to reflect that, that isn't any evidence of wrong doing. After the lease is up, so is the business arrangement.