Has The Booth Discussed How The Migos Completely Bit Lord Infamous Flow And Delivery On Bad & Bouje?

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
The way Migos do that sticcato flow in combination with slowing it down throghout,while mixing in melody,while also inflecting they voices to add emphasis on certain words is Bone Thugs...

However, to add Migos use ad-libs in tandem with their punchlines to make those lines stand out than just flowing nonstop like Twista often does (in triple-time tempos too, double-time was a cakewalk for him on speed), or seamless with legato the way Bones did their thing.

Check out the song I linked above, that was a completely different way of how they used to flow since "Versace".
For the first time, I think they actually differentiated themselves from the Lord double-time flow on there, because of way they each rode the beats separately.
My memory of 3 6 maybe a bit rusty, but I can't IMMEDIATELY recall him flowing like they did on "Cross The Country".

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
However, to add Migos use ad-libs in tandem with their punchlines to make those lines stand out than just flowing nonstop like Twista often does (in triple-time tempos too, double-time was a cakewalk for him on speed), or seamless with legato the way Bones did their thing.

Check out the song I linked above, that was a completely different way of how they used to flow since "Versace".
For the first time, I think they actually differentiated themselves from the Lord double-time flow on there, because of way they each rode the beats separately.
My memory of 3 6 maybe a bit rusty, but I can't IMMEDIATELY recall him flowing like they did on "Cross The Country".

There is no set way of "migos used to flow",we can point to them sounding similar to Bone,sounding more like the Lord Infamous flow,and sounding like neither...thats why its a stupid comparison to keep bringing up.

If you listen to enough Migos,they clearly are they own entity who dont deserve to be put in the box with other copycat,knockoff rappers....some of our favorite goats are much bigger knockoffs of nikkas that came before them then the Migos.

The pacing and voice inflection are clear distinctions from the ainfamous flow,that would put them more in the category with the type of style Bone used on songs like Thuggish Ruggish,and Creepin On Ah Come Up....and Takeoff reminds me more of Krayzie on a song like Cross the Country....Krayzie was a beast and smooth as shyt with the transition and tempo switch from slow to sticcato:wow:...he was the best actually

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
Krayzie was a beast and smooth as shyt with the transition and tempo switch from slow to sticcato:wow:...he was the best actually

Well you did still bring Bones regardless right after you said "it's a stupid comparison to keep bringing up", but you made an interesting point on Krayzie.

:ohhh:

I agree that him and Takeoff has similar use of flow techniques in cadence switching,
though Bones (especially Krayzie) were extremely keen on melodies and harmonies, which added a whole other set of possibilities for flowing the way they were renowned for.
Migos ain't singers as well, so they can only rely on the "rapping template" for flows, not the other ones that Bones had as a group.

So like you said, :salute:
I have no idea how nikkas here are now all of sudden throwing in Bones "biting comparisons". :russ: That's the 1st I ever heard of such musical fukkery.

The pacing and voice inflection are clear distinctions from the ainfamous flow

Oh yeah minor details, vocal inflection has to do with the category of delivery btw, not flow, because at that point you're referring to their accents, dialect, pitch, etc.
Flow on the other hand, is strictly about rhythm in correlation to the beat in the pulse of the song.:sas2:

Last edited:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Virtually any Lord Infamous song or verse:

The only difference is Migos does it a lot slower with more pauses.

Fred.

:ohhh: maybe cuz the beats is harder.. but damn.. nikkaz sound jus like him.. and ima old head.. jus never fukked with 3 six really..
Funny thing is. I like migos. Lol

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well you did still bring Bones regardless right after you said "it's a stupid comparison to keep bringing up", but you made an interesting point on Krayzie.

:ohhh:

I agree that him and Takeoff has similar use of flow techniques in cadence switching,
though Bones (especially Krayzie) were extremely keen on melodies and harmonies, which added a whole other set of possibilities for flowing the way they were renowned for.
Migos ain't singers as well, so they can only rely on the "rapping template" for flows, not the other ones that Bones had as a group.

So like you said, :salute:
I have no idea how nikkas here are now all of sudden throwing in Bones "biting comparisons". :russ: That's the 1st I ever heard of such musical fukkery.

Oh yeah minor details, vocal inflection has to do with the category of delivery btw, not flow, because at that point you're referring to their accents, dialect, pitch, etc.
Flow on the other hand, is strictly about rhythm in correlation to the beat in the pulse of the song.:sas2:

Its never stupid to point out when you can hear artist were inspired by other artist....but its stupid to keep bringing it up when artist have clearly shown they are waaaay more than the Lord Infamous flow,and are a combination of many influences.

It would be like me continuously saying "Nas bit Kool G Rap" or "Pac bit Chuck D"....okay yeah thats obvious and examples can be posted just like nikkas posting of Migos....but Pac and Nas clearly took it to another place and evolved,and proved they were a mixture of many influences so why do people insist on hanging on to those examples with Migos,while ignoring the wide variety of songs where they sound nothing like Lord Infamous,sound like Bone,may sound like Gucci,may sound like a mixture of alot of nikkas which in the end make them they own distinct thing:blessed:

And yeah voice inflection is in the delivery category,im saying the the flow as well as the delivery is what attach them more closely to Bone then with Lord Infamous on average....just if you had to chose one,which i dont see why you would have too,as i say it would be a big mistake.

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
It would be like me continuously saying "Nas bit Kool G Rap" or "Pac bit Chuck D"....okay yeah thats obvious and examples can be posted just like nikkas posting of Migos....but Pac and Nas clearly took it to another place and evolved,and proved they were a mixture of many influences so why do people insist on hanging on to those examples with Migos,while ignoring the wide variety of songs where they sound nothing like Lord Infamous,sound like Bone,may sound like Gucci,may sound like a mixture of alot of nikkas which in the end make them they own distinct thing:blessed:

:ohlawd::myman:

Of course, this won't ever become the subject of a future Coli thread to go plat...maybe I'll make a new thread about this someday.

:mjlol::snoop:

To me unless you have ghostwriters, you ain't a real "biter" imho to leech off of others who literally WROTE THE GAME to you, that's a "parasite".
There are exceptions like Hopsin, who don't have ghostwriters, they'll get their "Shark nikkas" on their whole careers.
That's just because he has no connect to OG's and industry giants, for why he has none that write for him - his wackness is instantly unforgettable.:scust:

There'll be an instance where a rapper has the "AH-HA :banderas:"moment with their general style and figures out what makes them unique.
Because to able to even rap like those, you have to be in their creative space where the probability of coming up EXACTLY how they rap in general, ISN'T 1/1,000,000.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
This is a great thread :wow:

As a New Yorker I never really listened to 3-6 so I'm listening and learning now.

You can get lost on their catalog through Youtube for hours.

From another thread:

My ranks (not counting the underground albums)

1a: Ch. 2: World Domination - underground prime before WTSC took them mainstream
1b: When The Smoke Clears - hit with Sippin' plus tons of bangers
3: Three 6 Mafia Presents: Hypnotize Camp Posse - That Rinky Dink intro + We Bout to Ride to kick off the album = :wow:
4. CrazyndalazDayz - Slob on my Knob, Who the Crunkest, Push Em Off, Triple Six Clubhouse :blessed:
5. Da Unbreakables - Paul killed T-Rock on Let's Start a Riot and Koop/Boo/Chat on Dangerous Posse :pacspit:
6. Ch. 1: Da End - That Bout it Bout it Sample on "Where Da Killaz Hang" :ohlawd:
7. Mystic Styles - in their full horror-core days
8. Most Known Unknown - they tried to go more with that pimp music instead of that hardcore crunkeness :rudy:
9. Last 2 Walk - I don't know wtf happened here :yeshrug:

And ^^^^^^ don't even cover the solo albums (Da Devil's Playground, Mista Don't Play, etc.)

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohlawd::myman:

Of course, this won't ever become the subject of a future Coli thread to go plat...maybe I'll make a new thread about this someday.

:mjlol::snoop:

To me unless you have ghostwriters, you ain't a real "biter" imho to leech off of others who literally WROTE THE GAME to you, that's a "parasite".
There are exceptions like Hopsin, who don't have ghostwriters, they'll get their "Shark nikkas" on their whole careers.
That's just because he has no connect to OG's and industry giants, for why he has none that write for him - his wackness is instantly unforgettable.:scust:

There'll be an instance where a rapper has the "AH-HA :banderas:"moment with their general style and figures out what makes them unique.
Because to able to even rap like those, you have to be in their creative space where the probability of coming up EXACTLY how they rap in general, ISN'T 1/1,000,000.

I cant agree with that,matter of fact artist who use ghostwriters are usually the parasites of the game,enlisting the help of whoevers hot at the moment,attaching themselves to nikkas waves and draining all the life from it leaving the creator of the wave with a used up,dry ass,stale ass,style or sound.

BUt biters do the same,just look at all the nikkas who bit the Migos flow,or whoever folks wanna credit:wtb:....i think its easy to mimick and bite at a basic level,but you are proven to be special when nikkas bite your style crazy,but you outlast them all:wow:....and when nobody sounds better than you when using it...i put Migos in that category,they got that special ingredient.

I can make some general tsos chicken at the crib,but i doubt it taste like it does when the chinese place makes it...i can go grab some punk ass thousand island ranch and put it on my hamburger,i aint puttin the big mac outta business:lolbron:

Biters arent really a threat to the great ones who have that special ingredient you really cant teach,and cant simply be mimicked:banderas:.

Theres a reason nikkas could shark a Ace Hood flow and make him obsolete,he didnt have the special ingredient....i dont worry about Future clones no more,i dont worry about Migos clones making Migos style played out or dry no more:mjcry:

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
matter of fact artist who use ghostwriters are usually the parasites of the game,enlisting the help of whoevers hot at the moment,attaching themselves to nikkas waves and draining all the life from it leaving the creator of the wave with a used up,dry ass,stale ass,style or sound.

That's what I said, I didn't say anything else different. Ghostwritten rapper clientele are "parasites" to me, which is worse than being a biter - as they suck out life, more than they chew the hands that fed their careers.
I guess I should've phrased that another way originally, if I was confusing you, my bad bro.

:manny::myman:
I'm astounded how the Coli can stand by a "Real Hip-Hop" front, when they'll still be fans of those known to have ghostwriters.
I suppose when you're from the Golden Age, you get a pass for "being around" OG realness, meanwhile they'd get trashed as 00's artists in minutes.

Last edited: