Has The Booth Discussed How The Migos Completely Bit Lord Infamous Flow And Delivery On Bad & Bouje?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Migos top 2 rap group of all time and as individuals they are all top 20

Ying Yang Twins>>>>>Migos
No middle ground whatsoever. :wow:

TheColi_zpsbtse4dmh.gif

Fred.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I think i remember someone bring it up about how Migos flow is Lord infamous on BX

wouldnt be surprised Three 6 has one of the biggest impacts arguably the biggest probably:manny:

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
The first time I heard bad and boujee all I could think of was 90s Triple 6 that beat is so Memphis.

I still can't believe that sound has become the mainstream standard. I remember the days when some nikkas would look at you crazy for listening to three 6

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You about 3 years late with this vladtv created meme (which he got from a 2chainz line) :comeon:

You can say loosely inspired at best...but straight up"biting"? :comeon:

Being influenced by someone =/= biting them...it's a somewhat thin line between the two, but still...

There's a clear & distinct difference between the way Lord raps and the way Migos rap...yeah the rhyme structure/pattern they use was pioneered by Lord (and Skinny Pimp)...shyt, a large majority of Migos songs from YRN 1 on up...their rhyme structure/pattern is damn there identical to the early to mid-90's Lord

BUT...there's such a large gap in time between when Lord was rapping like ^^^THIS and was actually "relevant"...and when the Migos developed and started using that flow.

Keep in mind, Lord largely abandoned THAT style going into the 2000's on When the Smoke Clears, Choices, Unbreakables etc. (then started using it again after he left 3-6)

There were gazillions of rappers from Memphis, to ATL to EVERYWHERE using a variation of that flow in between the time of Lord/Skinny/Memphis pioneering it...and Migos picking it up in 2013. To say they got it DIRECTLY from Lord is a bit disingenuous & unrealistic. It was already a widely copied style for decades...but was dead in the water as far as being used on a mainstream level. Migos picked the style up, dusted it off and made it popular again...while putting their own unique & orginal spin on the style...

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
No middle ground whatsoever. :wow:

TheColi_zpsbtse4dmh.gif

Fred.

:salute:

Can a nikka not be a fan of them all? Coli be on some cheerleader shyt making you choose between rap groups all the time.

@Thagatekeeper Where is Bizzy's/BT&M's style in Future? :mjlol: You went from Point A to Point G, with no in between explanations.
Future's style comes from Gucci, 3 6, etc., not Midwest/Midland nikkas.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby:INFAMOUS SOUNDED NOTHING LIKE BONE AND TWISTA.

:devil:
:evil:

In that case Migos sound nothing like Infamous cuz they sound more like Bone:sas1:

Try listening to more than one Migos song,they sure payed homage to Bone on more than one occasion:sas2:.

"We bought that flow back when nikkas didnt know.
People comparing Migos to Bone Thugs n Harmony(whoo:wow:)"

The way Migos do that sticcato flow in combination with slowing it down throghout,while mixing in melody,while also inflecting they voices to add emphasis on certain words is Bone Thugs...ill let yall discuss them bringing in the harmonizing thats on the new album too,they went full fledged:blessed:.....but migos clearly have they own flava and spin on the style,so its pure hate to keep bringing this shyt up....its disttinctively Migos

Murkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Tha Grizzle State
@CHICAGO I respect you being the thread poster, but hear me out on this.
To me if you're a biter on flows, you would be biting every way your predecessors did those.
Delivery is a lot more obvious, just pay attention to someone's speech, dialect, timbre, dynamics etc. in their vocals.
In that case, Migos does delivery different from Lord, they have distinctive "ticks" they do that he doesn't and vice versa.

Musically on rhythm, of course they're gonna share similarities, but there are tracks where Migos experimented with other variations not derived from him.

Migos picked the style up, dusted it off and made it popular again...while putting their own unique & orginal spin on the style

It took them awhile from "Versace" to progress into this years later. I was always curious to check out whether they would vary that flow to the point where eventually they did something individual. They were smart enough to know, there was gonna be a time where they got bored with that and needed to change it up.

Takeoff easily and always has the best cadences out of the 3, Offset however to me is better at pockets, Quavo is more like Future and structures his after the hooks he makes.

Also, Coli somehow forgets that Lord had mastered "Slow flow" styles too, not just the double-timed, fast shyt.

They accidentally make it seem like he was one-dimensional, by being infamously known for the main flow he came up with.
So to make Migos "guilty by association" with only ONE style Infamous himself created, they made the fallacy of ignoring he was capable of multiple flows.
If the whole damn South bit his flow, why hold Migos solely accountable if they proved at some points they could do it their own way?

:snoop:

Last edited:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Flabby nikkas man

I don't agree about them "biting" 3-6 and all that...but this is a poor argument here, particularly being that they're from ATL.

Metro Boomin is around the same age

ASAP and all them dudes grew up off 3-6 and they from NY...little to no chance somebody from ATL, early-20's or not, isn't going to hear 3-6 in their formative years...being a 2000's baby is probably the cutoff of somebody from GA or the mid-south region not being hip to 3-6.