Help me out, brehs. Bogota, Medellin, or Rio?

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth
Anniversary coming up in a few weeks. Going on a vacation. Need advice. We’ve never been to these places/countries. We’ve narrowed it down to these three: Bogota, Medellin (maybe both), and Rio De Janeiro (may try to hit Sau Paulo too).

Circumstances…

1.) Wife is Mexican. Spanish is her first language and I’m also fluent. Neither of us speak Portuguese.

2.) Not really looking to “relax” or chill on a beach. We’re looking for more of a cultural and exploration type of trip. We’re those type of travelers. We love going to Mexico City (one of the biggest cities on the planet) and just checking shyt out.

3.) We’re not huge party types, but when we party, we gets it in. May want to party while we visit. At least a lounge type spot or dancing.

4.) Not trying to stay in any dumps. A pet peeve of mine are dirty and dusty hotels.

Where should we go out of those three? Pros and cons? Advice?

Any other places you recommend? Was even considering Jamaica or Cuba, but Cuba is more of a hassle and paperwork. This is kind of last minute. With Colombia and Brazil, all you need is a passport, if you’re staying less than 90 days.

If I don’t make a decision soon, we’re just gonna go to Cancun. She’s a Mexican citizen and it would be a lot easier/convenient to just go there. I can really tell that she would rather go to Colombia or Brazil though.

97Pac

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Actually my Spanish tutor who lives in Bogota told me to avoid Bogota at all cost. You can literally get caught up in something you have nothing to do with.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anniversary coming up in a few weeks. Going on a vacation. Need advice. We’ve never been to these places/countries. We’ve narrowed it down to these three: Bogota, Medellin (maybe both), and Rio De Janeiro (may try to hit Sau Paulo too).

Circumstances…

1.) Wife is Mexican. Spanish is her first language and I’m also fluent. Neither of us speak Portuguese.

2.) Not really looking to “relax” or chill on a beach. We’re looking for more of a cultural and exploration type of trip. We’re those type of travelers. We love going to Mexico City (one of the biggest cities on the planet) and just checking shyt out.

3.) We’re not huge party types, but when we party, we gets it in. May want to party while we visit. At least a lounge type spot or dancing.

4.) Not trying to stay in any dumps. A pet peeve of mine are dirty and dusty hotels.

Where should we go out of those three? Pros and cons? Advice?

Any other places you recommend? Was even considering Jamaica or Cuba, but Cuba is more of a hassle and paperwork. This is kind of last minute. With Colombia and Brazil, all you need is a passport, if you’re staying less than 90 days.

If I don’t make a decision soon, we’re just gonna go to Cancun. She’s a Mexican citizen and it would be a lot easier/convenient to just go there. I can really tell that she would rather go to Colombia or Brazil though.
Look into what’s been happening to American particularly in Columbia.

Based on what your describing you want from the trip, I’d go to panama

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth

Dap+Rep to all of you. I never considered Panama, but I’m going to look into it tonight.

Medellin. Bogota is cold and way up in the mountains.

But I'd consider Cali for it's Afro Colombian culture and food.

I would love to go to Cali, but from the research I’ve done and videos I’ve seen, the parts with large Afro Latino populations are more rural, and some seem country as hell.
:mjlol:

I’m gonna look more into Cali though, for sure. Seems like an interesting metro area.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
I'm curious about Rio.. I have a vac coming up too early next year..

I've been told the covid death rate is insane in Rio.. even if you're double vaxed with booster

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Dap+Rep to all of you. I never considered Panama, but I’m going to look into it tonight.

I would love to go to Cali, but from the research I’ve done and videos I’ve seen, the parts with large Afro Latino populations are more rural, and some seem country as hell.
:mjlol:

I’m gonna look more into Cali though, for sure. Seems like an interesting metro area.
There's a decent amount in the city I'm here now. Yes the Pacific coast is where a lot of Afro Colombians are from but It's sorta like Atlanta is to Georgia If someone wants specific medical care or a decent job they have to come to Cali.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Bogotá is nice, check it out. If you can do a little road trip and stop in all the little towns. They all have something unique to offer.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Your wife Mexican? How that Mexican p*ssy? I heard it be dumb wet…. Respectfully.
perrito-sorprendido.gif

TallMan_J

FBA/ADOS. APTTMH
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Knowledge and Wealth

Panama it is, breh. Flights are booked.
:wow:

You’re recommendation influenced the decision. Did our research, and decided that’s the best place for this trip. Good looking.
:salute:

Might hit up Colon while we’re there.
:myman: