Hijack - Idris Elba Apple TV+ show | Renewed For Season 2

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm liking the story so far but the premise is silly. Why didn't the pilot mention his plane was being hijacked in the first call to ground control, after he saw the dude with the gun. Why didnt Idris text to his wife they were being hijacked, after he found out they were being hijacked. Both of these characters were incredibly vague when they first tried to the ground's attention.

This is either terrible writing or they really didn't want ppl to know what's going on in the plane.
But he did text her though? When he got back to his seat, where his phone was.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
If anyone else was also curious about the letter, here is the text:

> On the 7th January 2023, Edgar Janssen and John Bailey-Brown were wrongfully imprisoned. As a direct result of this, flight KA29 - time and details listed below has been hijacked.
>
> This is your opportunity to right that wrong.
>
> You have the time it takes for the plane to reach London to release these men from prison. Failure to do so, comply with any subsequent instructions, or influence the progress of plane, will result in the death of all 216 people on board.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I wasn't feeling EP3 at all. I was really supposed to buy that old man being a challenge to idris elba and some serbian mercenary looking nikka? And that points to my main issue with the hijackers. They're a non threat to any man of real strength. I'm 6'4 250. I'm snatching that girl's gun with the quickness. We would have known if there were blanks within the first thirty minutes.
That was really poorly written way to move the plot forward (get Idris to the back of the plane). After building up Idris Elba's character as the smartest guy writers have him make the dumbest move.

When they realized bullets were fake instead of rushing the main guy (who is alone at the front and Idris already punked before when he grabbed his gun hand and easily overpowered him) taking the cockpit and just closing the door, they have him sneak all the way to the back of the plane :mjlol:

And at the back there he's losing a fight to the old geezer that got slapped by Connor McGregor in that bar. Man looks like a part-time plumber that struggles getting up under a sink and then spends the rest of his day getting plastered down at the pub.

Other than that it's a great show.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Missus Frewty Wawtuh needs to be neatly packed into a wheel well for the rest of the flight.

That is all.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
That was really poorly written way to move the plot forward (get Idris to the back of the plane). After building up Idris Elba's character as the smartest guy writers have him make the dumbest move.

When they realized bullets were fake instead of rushing the main guy (who is alone at the front and Idris already punked before when he grabbed his gun hand and easily overpowered him) taking the cockpit and just closing the door, they have him sneak all the way to the back of the plane :mjlol:

And at the back there he's losing a fight to the old geezer that got slapped by Connor McGregor in that bar. Man looks like a part-time plumber that struggles getting up under a sink and then spends the rest of his day getting plastered down at the pub.

Other than that it's a great show.

all because of some simp azz pilot

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Yea, they handled the woman getting shot the worst way you possibly could handle it. Just show her getting shot...... Most these passengers arent that memorable to be like, " oh that's so and so", especially the ones at the back/in regular seats..

chargers31

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chargers
I’m on the First episode and I’m just :dead: At how many guns were snuck on the plane. Idris just being so cool and collected too:dead:

Finding a gun in the bathroom and not trying to land immediately is crazy

Last edited: