Hip Hop Vinyls: Does anyone collect?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Have a little collection of albums and I was wondering does anybody else collect?

Have a couple such as Big Krit/Drake/Jay Z/Nas/A Tribe Called Quest/J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar

Next purchases will be DMX and Wu.

I am looking for Lipe Fiasco Food and Liquor.. Did he ever create a vinyl for thathe album?

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
sure, I'll post some of mine when I get home

just got an esham vinyl in the mail last week

2mhsiz6.jpg

288xieg.jpg

os4t8z.jpg

t52gk9.jpg

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I got about 150 now, been back on it about a year and a half now. A mix pf a lot of hip hop and some alternative stuff along with my dad's old shot that he gave me. I need a new turntable tho, i got a cheap one from Barnes and Noble.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I was going hard on vinyls in general in 2012/2013. As far as hip hop I have:

Midnight Mauderers
Illmatic
Amerikkkas Most Wanted
The Chronic
Enter The 36 Chambers
As Nasty As They Wanna Be (:mjlol: my girl got it for the cover)

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
sure, I'll post some of mine when I get home

just got an esham vinyl in the mail last week

I got about 150 now, been back on it about a year and a half now

Where do yall buy your records from? I found a spot out here in Philly that had a ton of RNB Classics and present but Hip hop they mention goes to fast.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I also grabbed Tyler the Creator Goblin jawn. I love the art on some these records beautiful pause.

I have an Audio Technica player paid about 130 for it but I am looking into the next couple of months getting a legit one for 300

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
Yeah I do still till this day. I used to DJ which is what got me started but these days it's just a hobby. I buy from Amoeba in LA, small mom and pop joints scattered around, DJCity.com sometimes, and then Discogs.com depending what I am looking for.

I own pretty much every album deemed classic...A LOT of westcoast records obviously....I am a sucker for colored vinyl or anything that is printed on the vinyl itself. The MJ Greatest Hits with him printed on the vinyl itself is dope, I like that shyt.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Have a little collection of albums and I was wondering does anybody else collect?

Have a couple such as Big Krit/Drake/Jay Z/Nas/A Tribe Called Quest/J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar

I am looking for Lipe Fiasco Food and Liquor.. Did he ever create a vinyl for thathe album?
I've got about 8 crates of vinyl.
I've got a crate for shyt up to 92.
A 93/94 crate.
A 95 crate.
A 96 crate.
A 97/98 crate
A 99-2001 crate.
2002 and on.
Then a miscellaneous crate.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

Yeah i bought it last year from here it's expensive as hell tho
https://www.discogs.com/Lupe-Fiasco-Lupe-Fiascos-Food-Liquor/release/800422

I buy most of my vinyls from here
Get On Down: A hand selected product mix
And Barnes and Noble surprisingly has a good selection, they can order a lot of stuff. I got good kid maad city from there and outkast first 3 albums from there

Last edited:

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Where do yall buy your records from? I found a spot out here in Philly that had a ton of RNB Classics and present but Hip hop they mention goes to fast.

Quoted you right above... i buy most of my vinyls online, the record store here be taxin like a muhfukka

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yeah i bought it last year from here it's expensive as hell tho
https://www.discogs.com/Lupe-Fiasco-Lupe-Fiascos-Food-Liquor/release/800422

I but most of my vinyls from here
Get On Down: A hand selected product mix
And Barnes and Noble surprisingly has a good selection, they can order a lot of stuff. I got good kid maad city from there and outkast first 3 albums from there

Is that first site legit? Like no scratches etc... I need this album on vinyl real rap lol. Classic

I grabbed good kid mad city for 21 from barnes and noble be careful cause they over price some shyt. Blueprint Hov was 32 there but 18 on Amazon

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Is that first site legit? Like no scratches etc... I need this album on vinyl real rap lol. Classic

I grabbed good kid mad city for 21 from barnes and noble be careful cause they over price some shyt. Blueprint Hov was 32 there but 18 on Amazon

Yeah it's legit, I've bought from there before. It's like ebay for albums, some stores sell there too, that's how i got Food and Liquor bc it's out of print now, also it was brand new never opened.

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila

discogs > ebay. just read the listings carefully and peep the sellers. plenty of record stores with discogs accounts if you don't have a record store in town.