Hip Hop Vinyls: Does anyone collect?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Off topic RNB but the spot in my city has some classic RNB man. Picked up an unopened Guy album from back in the day for 10 bucks. Original beautiful Stevie Album 3 set for 10 dollars and Phyllis Hyman from 3 bucks. Perfect condition.

They selling Beyonce Lemonade for almost 100 a pop on Ebay

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Original pressings of a lot of the classic albums are expensive as hell but sound great if you can find them. Especially the West coast stuff.

Original pressing of Aquemini is probably the best sounding record I own, any genre

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila
Yeah i like the selection but some of them prices breh :scust:

part of the game. personally i'm not gonna spend a grip on rap records or rare shyt thats not an OG, even then i'd rather wait it out to catch a deal or trade. just research prices (discogs, popsike, etc) before you buy so you don't get fukked. the reality is you're not gonna get sealed or NM joints (especially rare or in demand shyt) for a steal online, dudes are trying to supplement that monthly income.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I had order a Rick Ross Vinyl with just his Maybach Music songs smfh on there but I heard it was a special edition release last year. Clear vinyl should I take that shyt back? I only paid 15 bucks off Amazon.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I had order a Rick Ross Vinyl with just his Maybach Music songs smfh on there but I heard it was a special edition release last year. Clear vinyl should I take that shyt back? I only paid 15 bucks off Amazon.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
part of the game. personally i'm not gonna spend a grip on rap records or rare shyt thats not an OG, even then i'd rather wait it out to catch a deal or trade. just research prices (discogs, popsike, etc) before you buy so you don't get fukked. the reality is you're not gonna get sealed or NM joints (especially rare or in demand shyt) for a steal online, dudes are trying to supplement that monthly income.

This is true, I got LL Cool J bigger and deffer from there for a good price and got raped on lupe food and Liquor but i did find an old roy ayers collection, 7 albums for less than 100.00

If it has the instrumentals it's worth it for those alone. I got Deeper than Rap on vinyl and MANNNNNN that shyt sounds ridiculous, same with The Blueprint and someone else said Aquemini sounds good which it does, but honestly the best sounding vinyl i have is Good Kid Maad City and Late Registration. Of course the old vinyls all sound good because i like that dusty sound you get from older hip hop but Supreme Clientele sounds like it just came out this year, incredible quality.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This is true, I got LL Cool J bigger and deffer from there for a good price and got raped on lupe food and Liquor but i did find an old roy ayers collection, 7 albums for less than 100.00

If it has the instrumentals it's worth it for those alone. I got Deeper than Rap on vinyl and MANNNNNN that shyt sounds ridiculous, same with The Blueprint and someone else said Aquemini sounds good which it does, but honestly the best sounding vinyl i have is Good Kid Maad City and Late Registration. Of course the old vinyls all sound good because i like that dusty sound you get from older hip hop but Supreme Clientele sounds like it just came out this year, incredible quality.

Got me thinking it's only 4 songs all his Maybach and I need that Deeper than Rap Vinyl. I can vouch fo Blueprint and GKMC shyt Drake Take Care is amazing as well.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Got me thinking it's only 4 songs all his Maybach and I need that Deeper than Rap Vinyl. I can vouch fo Blueprint and GKMC shyt Drake Take Care is amazing as well.

No instrumental versions? And i never thought about take care on vinyl, might have to check that out. That deeper than rap joint ran me 60.00 regular price was 90, supposedly it's extremely rare, i just so happened to get a discount because I bought like 10 vinyls that day from a local spot.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
No instrumental versions? And i never thought about take care on vinyl, might have to check that out. That deeper than rap joint ran me 60.00 regular price was 90, supposedly it's extremely rare, i just so happened to get a discount because I bought like 10 vinyls that day from a local spot.

No its the actual songs as he released it for record day last April. You think I should keep it? The only record I like of MayBach is the Hov one.

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
I would but I'm too broke, only album I've got is Black Messiah and I copped that and cd cause I wanted to support dude

When I get some money I'll probably cop Voodoo & Brown Sugar then start grabbing some hip hop joints

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
No its the actual songs as he released it for record day last April. You think I should keep it? The only record I like of MayBach is the Hov one.

I'd flip it, especially if you don't like them and if it's the songs only.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
image.jpg