Houston Rockets 2023 Thread - It’s Your Time Udoka

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing that irks me with this team is when they have a teammate wide open at the three point line but still drive it into the paint with two or three defenders waiting.

That really bugs me and that needs to be hammered home in film sessions how many times this team misses open teammates.

Also KPJ is a baller but a true point guard is gonna be needed at some point. It's a reason why the turnovers are so high. That true PG can come off the bench and run the 2nd unit because last night EG was running point for the bench unit, I don't think that's gonna work.
Sengun got a offensive rebound and was facing. A wide open Jabari in the corner and didn’t make the pass. It was easiest read and Edison and he didn’t even see it.

We were spoiled by Harden. He had eyes In The back of his head. And then combined that with CP3

Last edited:

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
The thing that irks me with this team is when they have a teammate wide open at the three point line but still drive it into the paint with two or three defenders waiting.

That really bugs me and that needs to be hammered home in film sessions how many times this team misses open teammates.

Also KPJ is a baller but a true point guard is gonna be needed at some point. It's a reason why the turnovers are so high. That true PG can come off the bench and run the 2nd unit because last night EG was running point for the bench unit, I don't think that's gonna work.
He was the main offender of your complaint he missed bari twice for open 3s hus lay ups fell.I would like a true point gaurd but KPJ is actually good.The biggest problem I see is we need a big body mobile center.

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
He was the main offender of your complaint he missed bari twice for open 3s hus lay ups fell.I would like a true point gaurd but KPJ is actually good.The biggest problem I see is we need a big body mobile center.

Yeah the defensive rebounding gotta improve. And I'm okay with the true PG coming off the bench to keep KPJ as a starter.

Tari must get more minutes, he makes things happen on the court.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
According to this chart right here (really dope site btw one of the 76ers scouts made it):

Houston had the 10th best shot selection of current NBA teams (Loc eFG%). The BBIQ is there and they're taking the right shots, they simply need to start making them (and not turn the ball over). Bottom 3 FT rate did them no favors, whistles weren't being called for them even though they were attacking.

They're playing good basketball.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Defense is so much better.
KPJ hesi game really nice - John Wall definitely showed him a few things.
Green is a real knockdown shooter. Not a streaky rhythmic one.
Sengun really got that sauce to his game.
Jabari Smith really needs to work on that handle. Half court it's not bad, but dude can't push the ball when he gets a rebound.

Need Sengun and Tari in the starting lineup, this lineup is the real deal right now. They're giving Memphis the business.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You take away those real bad foul calls and this is practically a 20 point Rockets lead. That was some BS for a good five minutes straight.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Careless turnovers and guys being left open, only aided by shoddy officiating. My goodness this makes no sense

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Going to be painful with KPJ and Green on the bench at the same time.

Bench needs to keep this game close. Tari or Sengun need to touch the ball every time during this stretch.