How Can We Have REAL African Unity? (Get All The African Cultures In One Banner?)

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
So, which Africans aren't Black for example? I've heard people say that Ethiopians were indigenous people and the same for Somalis.

P.S. which Euros aren't White? I've been researching this history for about a year now, but still learning about some issues.

Most people consider themselves by the ethnic group, and within Sudan people use regional distinctions, but we do use color to describe themselves base on appearance.

Sudanese.

Afra-mool.jpg

1969821127_2373f61693.jpg

3872054875_462848596d_z.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

above is very typical look in North

boswell_sudan_0902.jpg

DeputyGovNuba32x21Web.jpg

Nuba mountains

LV_mahmoud.jpg

102cca9d08e917a7866f7c21a8af9c7df291713c.jpg

Dafurian

1168437_213826052160343_820145779_n.jpg

North

13267450_985955171522560_826655010_n.jpg

wed4.jpg

Fur people

11313208_1403043646693132_619337191_n.jpg

Mostly northern kids.

926245_332418106915323_701980896_n.jpg

North

img_6302.jpg

North

Most people in Sudan are "black", but we have a minority who would not be considered "black" in most countries, but all groups acknowledge being Sudanese and African which is the most important in my book.

Last edited:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Egypt seems to see itself an extension of the mideast. Can't blame them for they have the largest population of Arabs. Plus it's borders Israel. Algeria is an interesting case. They really don't kiss the GCC's ass and care less about mideast issues but are still part of the Arab league. And if what you say that is the right move going forward for North Africa.

Yeah I didn't include Egypt in what I was saying, I was talking about the Maghreb (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania). And indeed they border directly the ME, so it's kind of a different situation. I don't really pay attention to who's part of what union in Africa, there's way too many of them and a lot just seem to exist for the sake of existing.

What's GCC? :jbhmm:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Yeah I didn't include Egypt in what I was saying, I was talking about the Maghreb (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania). And indeed they border directly the ME, so it's kind of a different situation. I don't really pay attention to who's part of what union in Africa, there's way too many of them and a lot just seem to exist for the sake of existing.

What's GCC? :jbhmm:

Gulf Cooperation Council. It's Saudi's Arabia's version of a NATO. It's composed of Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain. However they want to extend membership to Egypt and Morocco. They are using their massive oil wealth to buy influence in Africa.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Gulf Cooperation Council. It's Saudi's Arabia's version of a NATO. It's composed of Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain. However they want to extend membership to Egypt and Morocco. They are using their massive oil wealth to buy influence in Africa.

Ok yeah, I knew it under the name in French. Yeah for sure that oil money goes a loooooong way in buying influence. Moving towards renewables is crucial politically too imo for this reason, but that's a whole other debate though

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Total Black African unity prob wont ever happen.
However most likely Central and West African countries can most easily manage it, possibly include South African countries as well.
An effective cooperative Coalition involving:

Nigeria
Ghana
Cote d'Ivoire
Gabon
DRC (If they can get their shyt together)
Angola

Would have the world shaking at it knees, getting South Africa in would be a boon as well.
The priority would be the first six however.
Apart from really Kenya most of east Africa would just be a bonus. But as of right now unnecessary.

Nigeria doesn't even have internal unity.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of them nikkas ain't even got toilets breh.
This is actually the correct answer.
Economic power is the key to any sort of African Unity, if you have a continent of first-world countries, with massively interconnected economies with trillions, you have unity (on paper at least).
This means there will also be a massive amount of infrastructure shared, military brotherhood, sharing of intellect, a much more robust shared university system, far less corruption, and little to no foothold for extremist organizations to get deeply into.
None of the countries have completely developed (in the Western sense) other than South Africa, which has its own host of issues.
Look at the EU or even the US, there's difficulty in that regard, and we're talking some of the wealthiest countries in the world.
Now you see the difficulty.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
We can once various areas in Africa get their economy in check and we get our black economy in check here in the US as well.

Once that happens we can get something going between us AAs here in American and whatever section of Africa rises high enough and wants to connect with us.

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
First and foremost, black Americans need to find a base in Africa long before even beginning to think about trying to unite anything

Thighmaster B

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Enslave all cacs in America and give them to African nations in exchange for their fealty to an America-led Africa Union.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
We can once various areas in Africa get their economy in check and we get our black economy in check here in the US as well.

Once that happens we can get something going between us AAs here in American and whatever section of Africa rises high enough and wants to connect with us.
Hopefully, that can happen.

Daps
OP stop asking silly questions, everyone in Ethiopia is black and African.

Oromo's.
cNn7RAg.jpg

Amhara's.
t2ZncmO.jpg

zIhrjSG.jpg

Tigrayan's.
MZyizx7.jpg

mWq8ooc.jpg

ApVvfeq.jpg

This is the dumbest post of the day, NO NOT ALL ETHIOPIANS CONSIDER THEMSELVES BLACK. But hey who are we to determine what we are right, gotta fit into that bullshyt black american narrative that Africa is a "black country" instead of the multi ethnic CONTINENT that it is. About 1/2 of my family don't consider themselves black. Only those of us born in America do, and that's kinda of out of convenience really, easier to fit in than try to carve out our own niche. But my family that's still in Ethiopia, I wish you would try to tell them that they're "black" or the same as someone from say Kenya....but like i said we all got a narrative to recite these days

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First we have to understand the extreme diversity that there is in Africa. North, West, Central, Eastern and South Africa are all quite different. Add to that different histories : some affected by slavery, others not, some colonized by the French, some by the English etc, different religions, writings, and obviously languages...all of that leads to very different realities and cultures. Europe is small as hell and it's extremely diverse.

I don't believe this. Africans in West Africa, South Africa, Central Africans and East Africa (excluding the Horner peoples like Somalis) are all Bantu type black African people. Genetic tests between Nigerians and Ghanaians indicate there is little diversity between them, so they are basically the same and related people. The same relatedness exists in Central and parts of East Africa (in, for example, the Luo of Kenya) too. The base relatedness is enough to bring Africans together inasmuch as they have a common enemy and seek commonalities within themselves for which to bond. My support for this theory is that this already happened in the Carribean and in other parts of the world where far-reaching black African tribes bred and live together.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I don't believe this. Africans in West Africa, South Africa, Central Africans and East Africa (excluding the Horner peoples like Somalis) are all Bantu type black African people. Genetic tests between Nigerians and Ghanaians indicate there is little diversity between them, so they are basically the same and related people. The same relatedness exists in Central and parts of East Africa (in, for example, the Luo of Kenya) too. The base relatedness is enough to bring Africans together inasmuch as they have a common enemy and seek commonalities within themselves for which to bond. My support for this theory is that this already happened in the Carribean and in other parts of the world where far-reaching black African tribes bred and live together.
I thought Ethiopians were mixed though :patrice: It was a thread on here that said that. They used to say Ethiopians were dark-skinned Caucasians.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought Ethiopians were mixed though :patrice: It was a thread on here that said that. They used to say Ethiopians were dark-skinned Caucasians.

I said "parts of East Africa" should be considered for unity purposes, by which I excluded the Horner peoples like what consist of most of Ethiopia and include peoples like the Bantu Kenyan Luo tribes, whom are blacks. The studies I have seen on Ethiopians implies that they are mixed everywhere but in the "Afro" tribes. As such I exclude the Horners (thought not necessarily the Afro-Ethiopian tribes) for the purposes of my theory.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I said "parts of East Africa" should be considered for unity purposes, by which I excluded the Horner peoples like what consist of most of Ethiopia and include peoples like the Bantu Kenyan Luo tribes, whom are blacks. The studies I have seen on Ethiopians implies that they are mixed everywhere but in the "Afro" tribes. As such I exclude the Horners (thought not necessarily the Afro-Ethiopian tribes) for the purposes of my theory.
Oj alright