How Can We Have REAL African Unity? (Get All The African Cultures In One Banner?)

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I don't believe this. Africans in West Africa, South Africa, Central Africans and East Africa (excluding the Horner peoples like Somalis) are all Bantu type black African people. Genetic tests between Nigerians and Ghanaians indicate there is little diversity between them, so they are basically the same and related people. The same relatedness exists in Central and parts of East Africa (in, for example, the Luo of Kenya) too. The base relatedness is enough to bring Africans together inasmuch as they have a common enemy and seek commonalities within themselves for which to bond. My support for this theory is that this already happened in the Carribean and in other parts of the world where far-reaching black African tribes bred and live together.

And we all know that genetics don't determine culture, language, history, politics, social structures, etc...which is the stuff that matters. We need to get away from this 19th century genetics-based reasoning, I don't know why Coli brehs are so high on that.

And the obvious counter to your theory is that Africans are not marching hand in hand TODAY (in Africa nor in the diaspora) and, obviously, the countless wars the continent has seen over the years.

So yes, there is so common stuff out there, for various reasons, but no a guy in Dakar is not "basically the same" as a guy in Maputo. That sounds like some "Africa is a country" type reasoning.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I don't believe this. Africans in West Africa, South Africa, Central Africans and East Africa (excluding the Horner peoples like Somalis) are all Bantu type black African people. Genetic tests between Nigerians and Ghanaians indicate there is little diversity between them, so they are basically the same and related people. The same relatedness exists in Central and parts of East Africa (in, for example, the Luo of Kenya) too. The base relatedness is enough to bring Africans together inasmuch as they have a common enemy and seek commonalities within themselves for which to bond. My support for this theory is that this already happened in the Carribean and in other parts of the world where far-reaching black African tribes bred and live together.
This is dumb and the Caribbean is not united

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is dumb and the Caribbean is not united

You're dumb. You don't even have any arguments to support your claims. It is entirely possible to have u basicnity and cooperation amongst peoples and amongst blacks, as the Carribean and even African Americans show.

Every black person in the Carribean was once part of a tribe and now is simply some Carribean nationality. And even that is illusory and passing as, for example, Trinidad's black people are actually from Grenada (my grandfather is from Grenada). Black Costa Ricans are originally from Jamaica. Haitians, Jamaicans, etc live peacefully throughout the Carribean. Suffice to say, there is already much unity and cooperation there. More could be had, certainly, but if Africa can reach even that level of cooperation and unity then things would go swimmingly for an African union.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And we all know that genetics don't determine culture, language, history, politics, social structures, etc...which is the stuff that matters. We need to get away from this 19th century genetics-based reasoning, I don't know why Coli brehs are so high on that.

And the obvious counter to your theory is that Africans are not marching hand in hand TODAY (in Africa nor in the diaspora) and, obviously, the countless wars the continent has seen over the years.

So yes, there is so common stuff out there, for various reasons, but no a guy in Dakar is not "basically the same" as a guy in Maputo. That sounds like some "Africa is a country" type reasoning.

No, what we need to get get the truth. Genes do correlate with culture, cooperation, language, politics, history, social structure. Studies show genes even have some causative effect with respects to culture, language, etc. For example the Nigerians and Ghanaians are genetically alike and share much in common, including general food (i.e.fufu, rice, etc), language and culture. If they were genetically different, as in the case of the Berbers and blacks, their respective food and language similarities wouldn't exist. Hence unity and cooperation would be exponentially more difficult because at base Berbers are a different race (along with the genes that code for that race) to blacks. So genes does cause, indirectly and directly, differences in similarities in culture, language, social structure, etc.

Alternatively, the notion that Africa can't be united in the future because of what happened in the past is nonsensical. Europeans have the same beleaguered history when it comes never uniting and waging wars. Yet despite European's long history of wars, conflict and disunity, Europe nevertheless built the white disapora (i.e. the United States, Argentina, etc) which proved once and for all that whites could unify. The United States' white unity showed the European whites that they too could be unified if they tried and that example has led to the longest-lasting peace, most prosperous and unified era in the history of white Europeans. So this erroneous assertion you have that Africa, with its history, cannot be unified is like saying Europe, with its history, cannot be unified. That's nonsense.

Studies show people of similar genetic heritage, for example white people, cooperate more and better with people of said genetic heritage. That's a fact. You're saying that a guy from Dakar can't cooperate and unify with a man from Maputo is like the Europeans saying a guy from England can't cooperate and unify with a guy from Serbia. The white and black diaspora, notwithstanding peaceful and thriving Europe, shows you are wrong. Africa can follow the same example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

The potential for some countries in Africa to unite is always there though, whether or not you believe that they will.

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The potential for some countries in Africa to unite is always there though whether or not you believe that they will.

Exactly. The same conditions @mbewane says that Africa can't unite under are unsurprisingly the same conditions the Europeans once said were impossible to get on top of and unite. The likes of the United States, Argentina, Canada (English and French?), etc show that the Europeans were wrong. The Carribean also shows that black Africans can unite as well. All it takes is effort and circumstance, as it took effort for the Europeans to unite in the USA, Argentina, Canada, etc. And it took effort for the Europeans to stop killing each other and create free borders, trade, etc.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
No, what we need to get get the truth. Genes do correlate with culture, cooperation, language, politics, history, social structure. Studies show genes even have some causative effect with respects to culture, language, etc. For example the Nigerians and Ghanaians are genetically alike and share much in common, including general food (i.e.fufu, rice, etc), language and culture. If they were genetically different, as in the case of the Berbers and blacks, their respective food and language similarities wouldn't exist. Hence unity and cooperation would be exponentially more difficult because at base Berbers are a different race (along with the genes that code for that race) to blacks. So genes does cause, indirectly and directly, differences in similarities in culture, language, social structure, etc.

Alternatively, the notion that Africa can't be united in the future because of what happened in the past is nonsensical. Europeans have the same beleaguered history when it comes never uniting and waging wars. Yet despite European's long history of wars, conflict and disunity, Europe nevertheless built the white disapora (i.e. the United States, Argentina, etc) which proved once and for all that whites could unify. The United States' white unity showed the European whites that they too could be unified if they tried and that example has led to the longest-lasting peace, most prosperous and unified era in the history of white Europeans. So this erroneous assertion you have that Africa, with its history, cannot be unified is like saying Europe, with its history, cannot be unified. That's nonsense.

Studies show people of similar genetic heritage, for example white people, cooperate more and better with people of said genetic heritage. That's a fact. You're saying that a guy from Dakar can't cooperate and unify with a man from Maputo is like the Europeans saying a guy from England can't cooperate and unify with a guy from Serbia. The white and black diaspora, notwithstanding peaceful and thriving Europe, shows you are wrong. Africa can follow the same example.

All the things you are talking about come from the fact that those populations share the same area to begin with, hence culture, food, religion and what not are similar. It has nothing to do with genes, everything to do with where they grow up.

Seriously, I thought the 19th and 20th centuries taught us that we are not predetermined by our genes.

And nowhere did I saw that people from different sides of the continent can't cooperate, ANYBODY can cooperate. But you said that everyone in Africa is "basically the same", which, again, is the whole "Africa is a country" and "They're all the same" bs argument. You can spin as you want, it's just not true. People are not the same in CAR, Senegal, Mali or Madagscar,and that's just the countries I've been to.

Exactly. The same conditions @mbewane says that Africa can't unite under are unsurprisingly the same conditions the Europeans once said were impossible to get on top of and unite. The likes of the United States, Argentina, Canada (English and French?), etc show that the Europeans were wrong. The Carribean also shows that black Africans can unite as well. All it takes is effort and circumstance, as it took effort for the Europeans to unite in the USA, Argentina, Canada, etc. And it took effort for the Europeans to stop killing each other and create free borders, trade, etc.

Again, I never said Africans CANNOT unite, I said it's a long shot because of the variety in Africa.

And since when are Blacks united in the Carribean? There's beef just between Martinique and Guadeloupe...

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
You're dumb. You don't even have any arguments to support your claims. It is entirely possible to have u basicnity and cooperation amongst peoples and amongst blacks, as the Carribean and even African Americans show.

Every black person in the Carribean was once part of a tribe and now is simply some Carribean nationality. And even that is illusory and passing as, for example, Trinidad's black people are actually from Grenada (my grandfather is from Grenada). Black Costa Ricans are originally from Jamaica. Haitians, Jamaicans, etc live peacefully throughout the Carribean. Suffice to say, there is already much unity and cooperation there. More could be had, certainly, but if Africa can reach even that level of cooperation and unity then things would go swimmingly for an African union.
If there's so much unity why did Federation fail?

EthioLady

Rookie
Daps
This is the dumbest post of the day, NO NOT ALL ETHIOPIANS CONSIDER THEMSELVES BLACK. But hey who are we to determine what we are right, gotta fit into that bullshyt black american narrative that Africa is a "black country" instead of the multi ethnic CONTINENT that it is. About 1/2 of my family don't consider themselves black. Only those of us born in America do, and that's kinda of out of convenience really, easier to fit in than try to carve out our own niche. But my family that's still in Ethiopia, I wish you would try to tell them that they're "black" or the same as someone from say Kenya....but like i said we all got a narrative to recite these days

I don't give a damn about what you say, everyone in Ethiopia is black, don't quote me again.

Daps
I don't give a damn about what you say, everyone in Ethiopia is black, don't quote me again.

Shut the fukk up, like an entire country of people are supposed to be defined by you....Who are you? If they don't consider themselves black, then guess what, they ain't black. You can want them to be to make your dumb ass feel better, but they don't consider it that way, fukking idiot....

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Shut the fukk up, like an entire country of people are supposed to be defined by you....Who are you? If they don't consider themselves black, then guess what, they ain't black. You can want them to be to make your dumb ass feel better, but they don't consider it that way, fukking idiot....

If they ARE black or heavily black leaning admixed black, and are considered black by non blacks, and most importantly, considered black by the system of white supremacy..

And still refuse to consider themselves black?

They're idiots :francis:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Truly stupid thread. I am 100% sure the OP has never even been to Africa.

''
Get All The African Cultures In One Banner?'' :mjlol:
I meant under a unionship moron. Africa is a continent and if we can work together we could get Africa to prosper. There's different ethnic groups in Africa, so you would have different cultures and ways of life :stopitslime:

OD-MELA

Pro
Daps
Reppin
I meant under a unionship moron. Africa is a continent and if we can work together we could get Africa to prosper. There's different ethnic groups in Africa, so you would have different cultures and ways of life :stopitslime:
Who is we lol. Are you an African or even ever been there? Most likely not. Which is why you would make a thread like this.
Fairy tale thinking from ignorant people.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
We don't need unity, just the ability to do business with each other. Then again, I believe Africans have behavioral predispositions that make even that unrealistic.