How come Batman can't be black?

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:stopitslime:

This reminds me of people constantly saying Will Smith in Wild Wild West was stupid because there were no black U.S. Marshall's back then.

:heh: and how are the two similar? It's not like Jim West was an extremely visible character who's generated a couple of billion in merchandise sales for his respected company over the course of a three quarters of a century.

but yeah, I get it. jim west was black, kingpin was black in the movie, punisher has been black, lois lane has been black....

John Henry Irons was a black superman, Earth 9 (Tangent)'s Superman was black and one of my favorite iterations of the character.

If they wanna retcon the main actual Bruce Wayne into being black the whole time, I'm sure they can. Or give him a melanin injection to make him heal faster or whatever they did to The Punisher for a couple of issues.

And I'm sure it would work. :shaq2:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keanu Reeves is playing an asian in some new Samuri movie
mj-laughing.gif

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Going off the Ben Affleck hoopla, I've always wondered why actors like Will Smith or Denzel ain't get a chance to play traditionally white super hero roles. I see hollywood do the reverse all the time. They take roles that should go to people of color and have a white person do it. Angelina Jolie played a black woman in that Daniel Pearl movie. Johnny Depp played an Indian in the Lone Ranger. Keanu Reeves is playing an asian in some new Samuri movie, etc.

Its almost like cacs can play any role including roles made for people of color. Yet, we can't be Batman or Superman because they were made white in the comics. Let just ignore the fact Superman is supposed to be an alien. :beli:
Batman is a private guy, so how do you know he's not black?
The reason the movies/etc have him as a white man is obvious.
Didn't they turn Jesus white?

Black Batman 2017 :blessed:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The dude flying in the front is this guy, Blue Marvel.

blue_marvel_11.jpg

His biography is he's a genius who graduated magna cum laude from Cornell and has a Ph.D in theoretical physics. He played football there and he's a Korean War veteran. He was a superhero in the 50's and 60's, but his face got revealed as a black man and President Kennedy asked him to step back because he felt the country wasn't ready for a black superhero.

And he's mad powerful...like Superman/Thor level.

• Superhuman Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast superhuman strength that is on par with Sentry.
  • Superhuman Stamina: Blue Marvel possesses highly efficient musculature which produces almost no fatigue toxins, granting him almost limitless stamina in all physical activities.
  • Flight: Blue Marvel flies by manipulation of gravitons, manipulation of magnetic fields, control of his absolute molecular movement, and utilizing his superhuman speed. Blue Marvel can fly far beyond supersonic speeds, but it is unknown if he can achieve nearly the speed of light.
  • Superhuman Senses: Blue Marvel possesses superhuman senses of sight, smell, taste, touch, and hearing.
  • Enhanced Mental Perception: Blue Marvel possesses the ability to sense & comprehend things on levels that far exceed human capabilities.
  • Invulnerability: Blue Marvel seems to possess nigh-invulnerability & durability, being capable of withstanding tremendous impact forces, exposure to temperature and pressure extremes, and powerful energy blasts without sustaining injury. He is even capable of surviving in the vacuum of space unaided.
  • Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite his nigh invulnerability to injury, it is possible to injure Blue Marvel. If injured, his body is capable of quickly repairing damaged tissue with much greater speed and efficiency than the normal human body.
  • Energy Generation: Blue Marvel has the ability to generate and control negative matter energy based on antimatter. He can manipulate this energy for various effects. - Creating energy constructs[11]

• According to Brashear he is a stable "antimatter reactor", but from his broader explanation what he appears to do is channel exotic particles generated by a stable event horizon caused by the interaction of opposing positive matter and negative matter (Negative Zone) universes. Because Brashear has retained his abilities all this time, it would seem that either the specific generative reaction, that granted him his powers continues at an unseen or subatomic level in the facility where he first gained his abilities, or exotic particles generated by the experiment somehow became quantum entangled with Brashear.[7]
Brashear maintains a massive undersea "Fortress of Solitude" in the Mariana trench at a location known only to Namor the Sub Mariner.[]

I'm glad he's about to get some shine new in that new book. I hope they make a movie about him one day.

Edit: I thought this thread was in TLR for some reason. Arcadium heads already know comic books.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:stopitslime:

Why do we all of a sudden feel the need to change Batmans skin color? And why would he have to be black, as opposed to asian, mexican, indian ect ect.

Keep it the way it is for crying out loud, or piss of millions of comic book fanboys

Who said he couldn't be those races?
The point is skin color shouldn't matter, because it doesn't define the character, so if another race played him
it wouldn't matter as long as its an American

You still clearly don't understand the difference between "Based on" and "influenced by".

Batman is "Influenced by" Zorro and the Shadow, but you'd be an idiot to argue that Batman is "based on" Zorro and the Shadow.

and you have influenced and rip off confused.

Batman is a RIPOFF of the Shadow
Bruce Wayne is Lamont Cranston with gadgets in exchange for powers.
Rich playboy travels the world and comes back to his home city, fights crime at night using intimidation, rich playboy by day, secret lair the whole 9
thats too much biting, that shyt is Jay-Z level

You can have one or two things in common, and call them influences
when the entire background is the same its obvious rip off