How come Batman can't be black?

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Or they could just make an original character that is inspired by Batman's actions and dons a suit of his own. He could be ex-Military or law enforcement. Someone who is sick of the status quo in Gotham and wants change. Could go into a plot of because he doesnt have all of Wayne's money, his methods are less refined and more brutal.

Just sayin, we dont need to keep making famous chars black. Biting off another hero's cowl isnt a wave I jump on.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
250px-Nightthrasherfc.png

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Super Heroes (in fact the current mainstream comic book industry) are bones thrown at the mainstream (by Jews) to pander to the biases of the white majority. Enough with the pandering already. It is time to reduce the affirmative action and spread the characters (and contributors) around. Not sure what the problem is with that.

:hhh: .
Most of the superheroes were made by Jews.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Or they could just make an original character that is inspired by Batman's actions and dons a suit of his own. He could be ex-Military or law enforcement. Someone who is sick of the status quo in Gotham and wants change. Could go into a plot of because he doesnt have all of Wayne's money, his methods are less refined and more brutal.

Just sayin, we dont need to keep making famous chars black. Biting off another hero's cowl isnt a wave I jump on.
Isn’t that basically Azreal?

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Isn’t that basically Azreal?

Azrael/Lane wasn't inspired by Batman. He actually went batshyt after basically his entire family died and he was put through a number of experiments by the GCPD that while making him stronger, also made him insane. He might not have had Wayne's money, but he has a magical suit and swords. Lane isn't even the OG Azrael, cheap knockoff really that happens to be black.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I guess I was just going with the whole veteran taking out people more brutally to cleanse the city thing that was mentioned, if you want a black Batman just look at Black Panther. Yeah he has vibranium but other than that he’s just a really rich black guy with a lot of training.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I guess I was just going with the whole veteran taking out people more brutally to cleanse the city thing that was mentioned, if you want a black Batman just look at Black Panther. Yeah he has vibranium but other than that he’s just a really rich black guy with a lot of training.
And king of a nation :stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A Batman could be black. Bruce Wayne can’t be. Bruce and the Waynes as a whole, come from institutional wealth. Their money has always been very long and amassed over decades. That sort of thing has to be a white guy coming from that much money because just historically, we don’t come from that kind of money. If/when we do, it will be starting with our parents generations, the first generation able to go out and make money and start their families post segregation post voting rights act, etc.

A writer I follow wrote a little about this in the Hollywood reporter. He puts it a lot better than I did:

On the other hand, let's take Batman. Or, rather, Bruce Wayne — another role that Elba's name has been mentioned for more than once. In DC Comics lore, the Wayne family has been part of Gotham City since before there was a Gotham City. They helped build it, the way the Carnegies, Vanderbilts and the Rockefellers helped build New York. To extricate the Waynes from Gotham would be like trying to take 
the sugar from a baked cake: Even if you could, why bother? No one would want what was left, anyway.

The Waynes, generation after generation, took as much from Gotham as they gave. Much of the crime that infected the city was as 
a result of the income gap enjoyed and propagated by the Waynes — until Bruce's father, Thomas, bucked the family code and became a doctor. He married a woman, Martha, who believed in charity. And they taught their son to be better than the Waynes that came before — that it is Bruce's responsibility as a Wayne to make Gotham a better place.

Bruce Wayne has to come from old money because he has to feel the generational guilt that comes with being a Wayne. So that when his parents are murdered on the streets of Gotham, the mania that grips a child is informed by those lessons from parents who chose to be better. To save lives.

Bruce Wayne has to be white because that kind of legacy and wealth don't exist in the African-American community. (Yet.) For that character to be true to who he is, he can't be anything else.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Night Thrasher hasn't been seen in a minute.

But as far as the Bat-Family, I like Duke Thomas (The Signal). He's a great character, that they're really tryna push.

But let's see, aside from Black Panther, Black Lightening and Luke Cage that people are just learning about, there's still

Spawn (once the biggest character in comics)
Prowler (genius)
Mr Terrific
Blue Marvel (excellent character background as created by Kevin Grevioux..the Underworld guy...but I find him boring under Al Ewing)
Nighthawk (latest Kyle Richmond pro-Black)
Monica Rambeau
Doctor Voodoo
Batwing (Lucas fox)
Static
Miles Morales but I still say that he needs his own name.
Iron Heart - trash when they tried to shoehorn her into Iron Man books, but her solo was pretty good.
Moon Girl
Nubia
Tuskegee Heirs (dope book that I hope they get national distribution).
Niobe
Princess Poppy of Sleepless
Steel