How would you rank the WWE's era's

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Okay well if that's what you're going by, then CM Punk really did main event WM. Twice.

Warrior wasn't even ON one of those shows.

I didn't watch much of the reality era so I don't get the 1st statement.........please don't explain tho. it sounds like a spoiler.

doesn't matter if warrior was on the show or not. he was set to headline it. they promoted the show around the warrior/savage dream team.

youre trying to rewrite history breh.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
No
I didn't watch much of the reality era so I don't get the 1st statement.........please don't explain tho. it sounds like a spoiler.

doesn't matter if warrior was on the show or not. he was set to headline it. they promoted the show around the warrior/savage dream team.

youre trying to rewrite history breh.

No I'm not. I'm saying the person who main evented the shows is the headliner. Which was Bret at both Summerslam and Survivor Series 1992.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
No

No I'm not. I'm saying the person who main evented the shows is the headliner. Which was Bret at both Summerslam and Survivor Series 1992.

lol.

okay buddy.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Mad late on this... but eff it...

@stro @Wacky D The Hogan eras were definitely divided into two... there's 1984-87's Rock&Wrestling with Hogan clearly at #1 and the celeb/MTV involvement, and then the stretch between '88-'91 when there was less focus on celebs and there were champs other than Hogan. Both eras associated with the same person, but different rosters and presentation.

'84-'87, in addition to Hogan, was the development of Mania and also included Piper, JYD, Andre, Savage, Steamboat, Iron Sheik, King Kong Bundy, Orndorff, Snuka, Big John Studd, British Bulldogs, Killer Bees, George the Animal, Orton, etc. That was the roster that took part in WWF when it became part of pop culture. But by late-'87/'88, most of them were gone and/or on the way out. Then comes Warrior, DiBiase, Rude, Dusty, Bossman, Perfect, Arn & Tully, The Rockers, etc. It wasn't AS mainstream as the '84-'87 era, but it was still pretty big.

For me, it goes
1- Federation '88-'91
2- Attitude- '97-'01
3- Rock n Wrestling- '84-87
4- Ruthless Aggression- '02-'05
5- Reality/New- '11-now

that New Gen shyt is a mess... but there's more decent stuff in there than I remember so I'll give it #6

Far as these last 9 yrs or so... it's kinda the same as the splits of the Hogan eras, where there's one half that was clearly centered around Cena, then there's half where it's less focused on him. That first half is the PG, Cena/HHH/Orton/Edge/HBK/Taker/Batista/Mysterio... the other is Cena/Punk/Bryan/Lesnar/Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose/and now Styles/Owens/presumably Balor/etc... I can't really lump now in with the PG Era, cause most of them dudes are gone or way down the card...

it's all a revolving door. Only thing that's kinda comparable are the eras of hip-hop...

Last edited:

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
6. Struggle Era 2007-2015
Moments of brilliance with huge swathes of unwatchable, heatless, swagless booking.

5. New Generation
The least memorable to me, good matches if you go back and watch but at the time everyone would rather watch wcw.

4. New Era / Network Era
We'll see if this becomes a new era for real, so far its questionable a lot of the time but there is better match quality and a lot of pieces falling into place plus great products like cwc and nxt.

3. Golden Age
Im too young to catch that shyt live, but my uncle would show me tapes and reruns. I was little so I mixed up wcw and wwf but for sure i was a huge Hulkamaniac since before I could speak.

2. Ruthless Aggression
I was a Hogan fan since I was born so the resurgence of Hulkamania was my shyt at the time, but I loved so many parts of RA era... lesnar, eddie, kurt, benoit, i was also so wrapped up with triple h's reign cause i legit hated his ass and couldnt wait for someone to finally take him out. Also thought Kane was the shyt at this time... I could build a territory around the baby face masked Kane.

1. Attitude Era
The most fun to watch, the most hyped crowds. Also telling everyone to suck your dikk and everyone saying son of a bytch all the time was so crazy to me.:lolbron:I loved Rock and Foley but Austin was a god to me at the time.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I didn't really watch the reality era so I left it out. but from the stuff I watched, I didn't like most of it anyway.

if done right, the new era could be in contention for #1 when its all said & done. but for now, its #5 on my list.

1. federation years(2nd half of the Hogan era)
2. attitude era - I can do without '98-99 tho.
3. rock-n-wrestling(1st half of Hogan era)
4. ruthless aggression
5. new era
6. pg era

I forgot the new generation era
plus, I'm moving the current new era up to a tie for 4th. AWREADY.

1. federation years
2. attitude era
3. rock-n-wrestling
4. new era
4. ruthless aggression

5. new generation
6. reality era
7. pg era

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Attitude Era (most exciting and entertaining era, iconic characters and storylines, must see TV)
Hulkamania (really close second, so many iconic characters and moments)
New Generation (criminally underrated era, the rise of HBGOAT, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, purple gloved Undertaker, planted the seeds of the Attitude era)
Ruthless Aggression (this was the beginning of the downfall of the WWE although still had a lot of star power)
Current Era (Shield had a lot of potential, but this era needs a charismatic leader akin to Rock, Austin and Hogan. Arguably the best in-ring wrestling of any era).
Reality Era (some noteworthy stuff happened like the Pipebomb, Daniel Bryan's rise, but overall not a significant era)
Cenation/PG (had the potential to rival the Atittude and Hulkamania era in the beginning, but they turned Cena into a stale boy scout)

:yeshrug:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
New Generation (criminally underrated era, the rise of HBGOAT, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, purple gloved Undertaker, planted the seeds of the Attitude era)

not it didn't

attitude was a spin of ECW, NWO and the shock tv era.