How would you rank the WWE's era's

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
:what: The bad stuff in AE is still pretty piff compared to other eras. Idk how old u were at the time, but the bad stuff was perfect for the time period, so the AE hardly had any bad stuff at all. It was WATTBA for a wrestling fan, and the ratings backd that up.
I was old enough to be embarrassed about how trashy most of it was, and even more so now. It has aged so fukking poorly.

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
1993 is the best year of the New Generation. Secretly some of the best stories of the 90s in there. And weird shyt like the 1993 Rumble, which at one point has Flair (NWA), Perfect (AWA), Lawler (Memphis), Tenryu (AJPW), DiBiase (Mid South), and Bob Backlund (WWF) in the ring at the same time. It's really the last gasp from the territories era.

• AWA: Martel, Perfect, Nasty Boys, Max Moon, Berzerker
  • Memphis: Lawler, Savage, Skinner, Koko, Virgil, Typhoon, Taker, Papa Shango, Max Moon
  • Texas: Taker, Max Moon, Berzeker
  • Mid South: DiBiase, Taylor, Koko, Skinner
  • Pre-Expansion WWF: Backlund, Tito
  • WWC: Colon, Headshrinkers, Yoko
  • Stampede: Owen
  • JCP: Flair, Repo Man, Headshrinkers
  • Florida: IRS, Skinner, Nasty Boys
  • Japan: Tenryu
Dope post

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
AE was the best for me

Remember my grandpa watching it one day and that's where it started for me

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
1. Golden Era: This is where the "big boom" of pro-wrestling started first. Almost everybody looked like a star.
2. Attitude Era: Too many wonderful moments, edgy, and it changed the face of the WWE.
3. Ruthless Agression: Women's division IMO was at an all time high right after the end of the Attitude Era and workrate was top notch, but you also had wonderful personalities and characters.
3. New Generation Era: The precursor to the Attitude Era and birth of some of the most revered pro-wrestlers.
4. PG Era: Anything after the Ruthless Agression sucked overall. Pro-wrestling is at its low point.

cosigns this

bear27

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Golden era as you put it.
Attitude
New gen
Anything else,
though i think i am older than most of ya'll so maybe that's why i rank it like that

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
Golden era as you put it.
Attitude
New gen
Anything else,
though i think i am older than most of ya'll so maybe that's why i rank it like that
These lil nikkas just don't know. Squash matches back then were better than Raw main events today. Jesse and Vince or Brain and Gorilla's commentary made up for everything, plus squashes are good to build the characters.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
New Generation was a complete fukking joke except for like Razor, Hakushi...the Smoking Guns..that gay ass Shawn Michaels Chippendale push..Big Daddy Cool...lol. Issac Yankem? WTF:laugh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
1. New Generation Era. That is the era I grew up on. Yes it had a lot of foolishness but that was the era that the HitGOAT was in. Plus HBK, Diesel, Owen, Bulldog, Undertaker, Sid, OG heel Stone Cold Steve Austin and OG heel Mankind. No evil CEO or authority figure, no long opening promos, etc.

2. Attitude Era. This era started as I entered my teens and ended when I finished high school. It definitely appealed to my teenage rebellious ways and my immaturity as a teen.

3. Golden Age/Hulkamania. I started watching wrestling at the end of it but seeing Savage, Warrior, Mr. Perfect, Jake Roberts in their prime was great. Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan on commentary was gold.

4. Ruthless Aggression. I stopped watching wrestling on a consistent basis at the beginning but I did watch here and there from 2002-2006. Seeing HBK return and seeing Benoit, Eddie, Booker T, etc shine was great. IMO they had the deepest and best roster in the history of the company during this time. Thanks to the Network I've been able to catch up somewhat.
WTF...Austin was only in like one year of that New Gen crap. Thank goodness or his legacy would look about as 2nd rate as all of theirs.

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
New Generation was a complete fukking joke except for like Razor, Hakushi...the Smoking Guns..that gay ass Shawn Michaels Chippendale push..Big Daddy Cool...lol. Issac Yankem? WTF:laugh:
It's funny on rewatch, tho. Smoke a joint, then watch New Gen. Comedy.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's funny on rewatch, tho. Smoke a joint, then watch New Gen. Comedy.
MANTAUR ya'll:laugh: "Aldo Montoya":laugh: They had Kama melting down the Undertaker's urn:laugh: LMAO!

When they went from Hogan/Warrior/Savage to pushing Shawn Michaels to the top? I thought they were trying to make the WWF a spot for Barbie wanting bytches and for sissies. When he went over Razor in that ladder match as fans were with Razor, I was rolling. WCW wasn't all that much better. The weird segments with Hogan/Sting/Luger/Savage...wasn't classic TV.