How would you rank the WWE's era's

Daps
Reppin
NYC
These lil nikkas just don't know. Squash matches back then were better than Raw main events today. Jesse and Vince or Brain and Gorilla's commentary made up for everything, plus squashes are good to build the characters.

How can anyone be labelled a "superstar" today when we witness them lose half of their matches.

Back then if Demolition was on TV, chances are they were destroying someone. And that's what we wanted to see. That's how they got over as a dominant tag team.

So now when it's announced they're facing the Hart Foundation, another dominant tag team, we actually have a reason to watch.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
How can anyone be labelled a "superstar" today when we witness them lose half of their matches.

Back then if Demolition was on TV, chances are they were destroying someone. And that's what we wanted to see. That's how they got over as a dominant tag team.

So now when it's announced they're facing the Hart Foundation, another dominant tag team, we actually have a reason to watch.

Exactly. Just trading victories until the writers feel like moving on

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It was definitely a transitional period.

Wcw signed a lot of the wwf`s stars so Vince had to work with what he had.

Once he got guys like Austin and the rock really going that's when the attitude era was really being pushed.

Beforehand that they were just tryna regroup. That's why numbers were on an all-time low and the roster wasn't as talented as before.:yeshrug:

the new generation started long before the wcw started signing the wwfs alleged stars. most of them were already stars in wcw or other promotions before they went to the wwf anyway breh.

the wwf wasn't built off of its own stars until the PG Era, which is their worse era by far, and that's the main reason why its the worse era.

Last edited:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
the new generation started long before the wcw started signing the wwfs alleged stars. most of them were already stars in wcw or other promotions before they went to the wwf anyway breh.

the wwf wasn't built off of its own stars until the PG Era, which is their worse era by far, and that's the main reason why its the worse era.

This is true of everywhere, though. There was nearly no such thing as a homegrown star in the 1990s. The only guys I can really think of are Rock and Goldberg. Every top star on either side made their names somewhere else first back then.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
The Attitude Era was one of the most stacked eras when it came to characters.

Ruthless Aggression Era was the most stacked when it came to wrestling talent.
This.

The RAE is something you can watch through the Network from beginning to end (at least, the SD! portion), while the AE (pre-2000), eh... I guess it's cool to watch every 6 months for a promo or two or some fukkery. On YouTube or Dailymotion. :ehh:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
New Generation started in like 1993 when they started giving Bret the ball after Hogan was gone. They had Yokozuna with the belt and gave Luger a BIG PUSH but Bret was the one the fans wanted by Jan 94 and they finally put him over big at WM X.

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
I'd say the New Gen started the second WM8 ended. There was a clear difference right then, since everyone thought Hogan was gone for good. Mach, Naitch and Warrior took over with Bret and Bulldog in the wings. A def new era.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Oh it was already Bret's company by the middle of 1992. Hogan vanished after WM8, leaving Macho and Bret as the top faces. Even with Savage as champ in 1992, Bret main evented Summerslam and had a higher on the card match on the UK PPV as IC champ than Macho right after WM. Flair beats Macho, Bret beats Flair, headlines Survivor Series with HBK, then Rumble with Razor in 1993, then WM with Yoko, gets fukked by Hogan, has the entire KOTR PPV built around him while Hogan jobs out in the main event.

Even during Lex's big push, Bret was still treated as THE dude. By fans and announcers. He was treated as being above the title for all of 1993 after WM.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Attitude
Ruthless Agresssion
New Generation
Golden Age
PG/Reality/New Era (like others have said, shyt's all the same)

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Oh it was already Bret's company by the middle of 1992. Hogan vanished after WM8, leaving Macho and Bret as the top faces. Even with Savage as champ in 1992, Bret main evented Summerslam and had a higher on the card match on the UK PPV as IC champ than Macho right after WM. Flair beats Macho, Bret beats Flair, headlines Survivor Series with HBK, then Rumble with Razor in 1993, then WM with Yoko, gets fukked by Hogan, has the entire KOTR PPV built around him while Hogan jobs out in the main event.

Even during Lex's big push, Bret was still treated as THE dude. By fans and announcers. He was treated as being above the title for all of 1993 after WM.

youre leaving out the ultimate warrior returning at wrestlemania 8.

he was the main draw from then, all the way up to his departure before survivor series.

the real summerslam main event was savage/warrior.
bret/bulldog went last because of bulldog winning the belt in the UK.

nobody tuned into the wwf in '92 to see bret hart breh.

This is true of everywhere, though. There was nearly no such thing as a homegrown star in the 1990s. The only guys I can really think of are Rock and Goldberg. Every top star on either side made their names somewhere else first back then.

don't say that to me.

say that to the wwf fans that are claiming wrestlers as wwf stars.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
youre leaving out the ultimate warrior returning at wrestlemania 8.

he was the main draw from then, all the way up to his departure before survivor series.

the real summerslam main event was savage/warrior.
bret/bulldog went last because of bulldog winning the belt in the UK.

nobody tuned into the wwf in '92 to see bret hart breh.

don't say that to me.

say that to the wwf fans that are claiming wrestlers as wwf stars.

Warrior wasn't even A draw in 1992, let alone the main one. He spent 4 months feuding with Papa fukking Shango and in his entire time back in 1992, he only headlined when Bret and Savage weren't there. And after Papa Shango, he feuded with Kamala. Warrior was not positioned, booked, or promoted as main draw in 1992. At all.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Warrior wasn't even A draw in 1992, let alone the main one. He spent 4 months feuding with Papa fukking Shango and in his entire time back in 1992, he only headlined when Bret and Savage weren't there. And after Papa Shango, he feuded with Kamala. Warrior was not positioned, booked, or promoted as main draw in 1992. At all.

warrior was the main one that people came to see, he was getting the loudest pops, and he was the main one that people talked about.

and he headlined both of the ppvs he was scheduled to be on.

2. Attitude Era. This era started as I entered my teens and ended when I finished high school. It definitely appealed to my teenage rebellious ways and my immaturity as a teen.

THIS.

I only enjoyed those '98-99 years cuz I was a horny early-teen.

Thank you for this. I consider the Attitude Era to be comprised of the Jerry Springer bullshyt from 1997 to 1999. From 2000 to 2005 it was a completely different era, from superb talent like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, etc. joining, to the Invasion, to Ruthless Aggression. :lawd: But, the AE was cool for what it was because of the fukkery. Plus every guy on the roster got a chance to shine and actually be over without getting punished for it. It was fun growing up with it. Looking back to see the hot crowds week-after-week. :wow: Most of the actual content doesn't hold up well, but that's besides the point.

THIS.

I liked ruthless aggression more than the attitude era, but giving the timelines that were presented, I'd have to go with attitude, if it really stretched that far into '00-02.

1993 is the best year of the New Generation. Secretly some of the best stories of the 90s in there. And weird shyt like the 1993 Rumble, which at one point has Flair (NWA), Perfect (AWA), Lawler (Memphis), Tenryu (AJPW), DiBiase (Mid South), and Bob Backlund (WWF) in the ring at the same time. It's really the last gasp from the territories era.

yea.

'93 was a weird year tho.

alot of incomplete angles & it kinda felt like a revolving door.

It was definitely a transitional period. They were still in a work in progress. The presentation of the product was still outdated. They didn't have a transcendent star when hogan/savage left, business also took a hit due to the steroid allegations and molestation charges, and there was no buzz in the wrestling industry as a whole. The company was still trying to put the pieces together.

the presentation of the product wasn't outdated.

the production was cutting edge for its time. the actual program quality just wasn't that good.

it wasn't a work-in-progress breh. it was just a failure.

This.

The RAE is something you can watch through the Network from beginning to end (at least, the SD! portion), while the AE (pre-2000), eh... I guess it's cool to watch every 6 months for a promo or two or some fukkery. On YouTube or Dailymotion. :ehh:

smackdown had an awful period tho.

that whole JBL era was the worse thing in wwe history.

Last edited:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
warrior was the main one that people came to see, he was getting the loudest pops, and he was the main one that people talked about.

and he headlined both of the ppvs he was scheduled to be on.

He didn't headline either PPV he was scheduled to be on. Didn't headline Summerslam, left the company before Survivor Series, and that match was in the middle of the card. Only headlined when Bret or Savage weren't on the shows. Bret would be higher on the card than Warrior at house shows they were both on even before he was champ. Don't forget he did disappointing numbers as the champ in 1990 and a top guy in Summer/Fall of 1991. The idea was to have him replace Hogan (again) in 1992, but the steroid stuff going on made them not put Warrior as a headliner or main draw of any show.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
He didn't headline either PPV he was scheduled to be on. Didn't headline Summerslam, left the company before Survivor Series, and that match was in the middle of the card. Only headlined when Bret or Savage weren't on the shows. Bret would be higher on the card than Warrior at house shows they were both on even before he was champ. Don't forget he did disappointing numbers as the champ in 1990 and a top guy in Summer/Fall of 1991. The idea was to have him replace Hogan (again) in 1992, but the steroid stuff going on made them not put Warrior as a headliner or main draw of any show.

:comeon::usure:
:usure::comeon:

220px-Sur92poster.jpg

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Okay well if that's what you're going by, then CM Punk really did main event WM. Twice.

Warrior wasn't even ON one of those shows.