I can't deadlift/squat I'm done

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Generally people like to see progress :manny:
Progress is fine but the older you get, the more you need to focus on overall strength and conditioning.

IMO there's no need practical need to try and lift 500 lbs of the floor for one or two reps. I would rather do 375 for 8 reps with proper form and weight control .

I understand your point tho, people lift for different reasons

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Progress is fine but the older you get, the more you need to focus on overall strength and conditioning.

IMO there's no need practical need to try and lift 500 lbs of the floor for one or two reps. I would rather do 375 for 8 reps with proper form and weight control .

I understand your point tho, people lift for different reasons

I don't understand your point. Is lifting 500 not part of strength?

What's the practical need for 8x375? You are also assuming people can lift 500 with proper form and weight control.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I don't understand your point. Is lifting 500 not part of strength?

What's the practical need for 8x375? You are also assuming people can lift 500 with proper form and weight control.

Because for most people that higher rep lower weight method is more beneficial. Especially the older they get.

Sure there are people who can lift 500 with proper form, but the vast majority don't have the skill to pull of s proper deadlift.

Why risk a serious back injury trying to max out a lift, when you can get just as much if not more benefit from higher reps and a less of a load ?

Everybody ain't pulling what you pull breh

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Because for most people that higher rep lower weight method is more beneficial. Especially the older they get.

Sure there are people who can lift 500 with proper form, but the vast majority don't have the skill to pull of s proper deadlift.

Why risk a serious back injury trying to max out a lift, when you can get just as much if not more benefit from higher reps and a less of a load ?

Everybody ain't pulling what you pull breh
I would disagree and say higher reps is more likely to cause injury. A lot of strength coaches would say that.

Obviously my opinion is skewed but I'm the oldest cat in this sub-forum and I Lift in those ranges beltless with no issues.

I see your point but if it's programmed right it's not an issue. I think that's more of a problem than anything.

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
I would disagree and say higher reps is more likely to cause injury. A lot of strength coaches would say that.

Obviously my opinion is skewed but I'm the oldest cat in this sub-forum and I Lift in those ranges beltless with no issues.

I see your point but if it's programmed right it's not an issue. I think that's more of a problem than anything.

I'm 39

My max pull was 475 for 3 reps. Didn't try to go higher. Now I focus on form and volume. Sure the weight increases during the course of my workout but not for the purpose of maxing out.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I'm 39

My max pull was 475 for 3 reps. Didn't try to go higher. Now I focus on form and volume. Sure the weight increases during the course of my workout but not for the purpose of maxing out.

Same age :salute:

It's different for everyone. My back is generally sketchy so I try to manage reps accordingly. PR on Deads just give me rush. I don't care about that on any other Lift.

Either way you got 500 pull strength

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

TNOT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Same age :salute:

It's different for everyone. My back is generally sketchy so I try to manage reps accordingly. PR on Deads just give me rush. I don't care about that on any other Lift.

Either way you got 500 pull strength

I almost exclusively use trap bar for deads now. I'm 6'5 and that feels much more natural for me. It forces my hips lower and my back is more upright.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Breh post a fukking video so we can help you, what's the point of this thread outside of pointless bytching :hhh:

My legs long as hell at 6'6 so I'm calling bullshyt on this anyway but I'll entertain you

semtex

:)
Daps
I almost exclusively use trap bar for deads now. I'm 6'5 and that feels much more natural for me. It forces my hips lower and my back is more upright.
That's a more comprehensive lift anyway