I can't deadlift/squat I'm done

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It's one of those Lifts where bad form can be developed quickly. People are better off spending a lot of time learning correctly.

I say that as someone that got injured doing it and came back better.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
You need to be leading more with your ass when you go down...it's like your on the edge or parallel.

When you come to the top it's like your are over-emphasizing your ass out and to lock your legs...looks like you're about to tip forward. Clench your ass cheeks when you come up.

Hard to tell from the angle but it looks like your are very wide in your stance...which is fine. Looks like you need to work on your hip mobility.

I'm 6'3'' BTW with long legs....:dame:

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
You need to be leading more with your ass when you go down...it's like your on the edge or parallel.

When you come to the top it's like your are over-emphasizing your ass out and to lock your legs...looks like you're about to tip forward. Clench your ass cheeks when you come up.

Hard to tell from the angle but it looks like your are very wide in your stance...which is fine. Looks like you need to work on your hip mobility.

I'm 6'3'' BTW with long legs....:dame:
I'm 6'6 and my belly button is 4 feet off the ground . My thought bone is super long. I'm taking a 4 foot Sumo stance in the video.

I can keep my back more upright but then the weight isn't balanced cuz my center of gravity is thrown off. That's my main problem

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
the quickest way I learned how to properly squat/DL is by doing the following....

Put your hands behind your head and lock your fingers (like you were under arrest)...or put your hands straight in front of you (like youre walking like a zombie)...
...and do a bodyweight squat.

Its going to force you to get down the right way.

Like Black Jesus said...lead with your ass coming down.

I see a lot of guys in the gym doing what youre doing...it looks like your focusing way too much on trying to keep your torso upright.

I personally wasnt able to squat till I switched to low bar squats...I think it would help you a lot.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
I'm 6'6 and my belly button is 4 feet off the ground . My thought bone is super long. I'm taking a 4 foot Sumo stance in the video.

I can keep my back more upright but then the weight isn't balanced cuz my center of gravity is thrown off. That's my main problem

@puppermaster He's like 6'7''

My belly button is a few inches shy of 4ft. I learned to squat and workout with a guy who was 6'5''. That sumo stance isn't need...a bit over your shoulder width. Like I said work-on that hip flexibility and lower back strength. I squat and DL heavy with no pain.:hubie:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
@puppetmaster and @Black Jesus can speak more to changes relative to height. My initial thoughts are that you don't have enough tension and control in you upper back and the weight seems to be dominating you. Also goblets Squats could help you open up your hips and work on depth.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws

Gotta tuck the elbows under the bar as best you can and pull it into your body with some authority. You're letting the bar move you forward when you start approaching parallel by gently holding onto it. You can get away with it for a while it'll catch up to you eventually

Lowbar is more friendly for us tall squatters IMO. You're built better for lowbar looking at your limbs

I'd switch to lowbar for a few weeks or swap it in on a session to see how you feel

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
Gotta tuck the elbows under the bar as best you can and pull it into your body with some authority. You're letting the bar move you forward when you start approaching parallel by gently holding onto it. You can get away with it for a while it'll catch up to you eventually

Lowbar is more friendly for us tall squatters IMO. You're built better for lowbar looking at your limbs

I'd switch to lowbar for a few weeks or swap it in on a session to see how you feel

Low bar? How do you keep it from slipping off your back that doesn't look like it's resting on anything ? Am I right for sumo squatting ?

Am I wrong to think I bend forward to stabilize the weight over my center of gravity ?

Entropy Fan

Superstar
Daps
The center of mass of the barbell and your body’s center of mass must be directly in line with your balance point–the middle of the foot.

This is what I think makes is my problem. In the video I posted I was lifting very light (205) but I still had a huge urge to learn forward for balance