I Can't Even Describe this shyt Brehs. Come See for Yourselves

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The wild thing is I dont think this is intended to be comedic. Granted I dont know anything about this show other than this clip.

It wasn't. It's a resurrection and alternate dimension traveling dance called the "Five Movements" taught to them by a lady (who used it to revive a friend and she kinda/sorta prophesied the shooter was coming) they thought was crazy. Whole season is a struggle on whether to believe their mentor or not. At the end of the season they use it to distract the shooter.

Season 2 was an improvement where it reveals the crazy lady was telling the truth since the dance actually sent her to another dimension.

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
It wasn't. It's a resurrection and alternate dimension traveling dance called the "Five Movements" taught to them by a lady (who used it to revive a friend and she kinda/sorta prophesied the shooter was coming) they thought was crazy. Whole season is a struggle on whether to believe their mentor or not. At the end of the season they use it to distract the shooter.

Season 2 was an improvement where it reveals the crazy lady was telling the truth since the dance actually sent her to another dimension.
So essentially the show is a parable about faith? Under the guise of a science fiction premise?

Boogie

Trade Garland
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
5edba016c9e77c00073be899_1450955028646-chsuqu_t_1591451674870_640_360_400.gif

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
...because school children getting murdered is definitely fertile ground to be worked for laughs.

:rudy:
It isn't funny cause kids are being shot :beli:

It's funny cause of how ridiculous and unexpected the dancing is out of context

I thought it was some kinda after-school special or school shooting ad initially. So I'm expecting them to try to jump the shooter or sum. Not praise dance :skip:

Seeing cacs attempt it is inherently hilarious :mjlol:

MarcMan

Superstar
Daps
I thought they were summoning ninja clones at first.

Don't try this at home kids....

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
So what happened to the shooter and the school after this scene

The tiktok edit out the part where a cafeteria man takes the opportunity to tackle the shooter while the crew does their jutsu dance. Only one casualty because the gun goes off during the tackle and one of the bullets hits The OA in the chest (it's the lady you see running up to the windows at 46 secs) but the crew still finish the dance without interruption, while they don't know it yet the dance is what saves her life. She dies on their side but revived in another dimension.

The crew are seen as heroes in the next season for their actions but one of them commits suicide because of PTSD from the event. The first kid that initiated the dance is convinced The OA is still alive, teaches his girlfriend the movments so the whole crew can jump dimensions to find her.

Last edited: