I Can't Even Describe this shyt Brehs. Come See for Yourselves

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The OA should be number 1 on the list of TV shows that ruined their finale. They built up all that good storyline just to have a mass shooting stopped by people doing TikTok dances.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
They all would have been tagged and put down cleanly during their little interpretive dance routine.

They should have panned to the gunmen and he is doing the same dance in unison. Everyone under the tables anre all confused and they just get up and file out of the lunchroom calmly when they realize there is no danger while the gunman and the dancers are twirling around in the background. Wide shot, fade to black, roll credits.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I loved this show. ended on an incredible cliffhanger.

:francis: Brit Marling a weirdo but Netflix should have let her cook after the second season. I was invested in where it was going.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
It isn't funny cause kids are being shot :beli:

It's funny cause of how ridiculous and unexpected the dancing is out of context

No. This doesn't get to shelter under the umbrella of absurdity and somehow make it okay. Things can be tacky, tactless, tasteless and flat out wrong. Fostering a sense of hopelessness about them doesn't change any of those.

Take your line of thinking and apply it to a black classroom in Chicago or the MOVE police killings in Philly or any number of scenarios. Still think it's funny? Because that kind of logic is how foolishness like Teyonah Parris in Slave Play gets made.

Daps
Reppin
7th District
No. This doesn't get to shelter under the umbrella of absurdity and somehow make it okay. Things can be tacky, tactless, tasteless and flat out wrong. Fostering a sense of hopelessness about them doesn't change any of those.

Take your line of thinking and apply it to a black classroom in Chicago or the MOVE police killings in Philly or any number of scenarios. Still think it's funny? Because that kind of logic is how foolishness like Teyonah Parris in Slave Play gets made.
You say that like a whole subgenre of comedy doesn't exist where morbid and taboo subjects are used as the backdrops for humor

The very idea of comedy itself is to lighten up the mood. Risqué humor isn't inherently distasteful. Like I said, the humor is "haha, kids are dead". The joke itself is how clip goes against expectations.

I like a lot absurd humor, but maybe it just isn't your thing :manny:

That's cool. But trying to front on some kinda moral superiority tip is wack

Comparing the clip to slave play is quite a leap

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
You say that like a whole subgenre of comedy doesn't exist where morbid and taboo subjects are used as the backdrops for humor

The very idea of comedy itself is to lighten up the mood. Risqué humor isn't inherently distasteful. Like I said, the humor is "haha, kids are dead". The joke itself is how clip goes against expectations.

I like a lot absurd humor, but maybe it just isn't your thing :manny:

That's cool. But trying to front on some kinda moral superiority tip is wack

Comparing the clip to slave play is quite a leap

There is no ego nor grasp at moral superiority involved. I've laughed at all kinds of wrongness around here - and acknowledged it when I did - that's just being human. Even allowing for subjectivity some things are just clearly wrong. The genres of comedy you're trying to hold up as evidence of whatever themselves won't go to certain places...and they shouldn't. You're trying to defend a school shooter scenario? Really? Follow your own thinking and let Corey Holcomb draw up a skit with Sobibor prisoners breaking out in spontaneous twerking when the guards came for them, and watch how far he gets.

You can choose to be entertained by circumstance or abide by principles that govern whatever circumstance brings. That's no great leap, that is simply being a functioning adult.

Daps
Reppin
7th District
There is no ego nor grasp at moral superiority involved. I've laughed at all kinds of wrongness around here - and acknowledged it when I did - that's just being human. Even allowing for subjectivity some things are just clearly wrong. The genres of comedy you're trying to hold up as evidence of whatever themselves won't go to certain places...and they shouldn't. You're trying to defend a school shooter scenario? Really? Follow your own thinking and let Corey Holcomb draw up a skit with Sobibor prisoners breaking out in spontaneous twerking when the guards came for them, and watch how far he gets.

You can choose to be entertained by circumstance or abide by principles that govern whatever circumstance brings. That's no great leap, that is simply being a functioning adult.
People can joke about whatever they want. If I don't find it funny, I don't laugh. But there's nothing I can do to stop them from doing it. Nor anyone else.

I'd argue a funny joke can be made about anything theoretically. The main caveat being, you better deliver if you take it to a risqué place.

The examples you've used have had similar done before. Crucifixion is a horrible way to die, but the ending of life of Brian turns it into a musical number. Same as with inglorious b*stards being an over-the-top wwii drama with characters like the "bear jew" juxtaposed against real life figures like Adolph Hitler

None of this stuff is meant to disrespect victims of such incidents. It's very depressing subject matter. So people use humor to make it more digestible.

Doing it right doesn't make the victims a joke. When people do it wrong, that's when it's in bad taste.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The OA. One of the worst and most pointless shows I've ever seen. The show creators are borderline thieves for how much of a waste of time this bullshyt was. I genuinely regret watching both seasons. I haven't felt this robbed since the 7th grade where this nikka convinced me to let him "borrow" my gameboy then gaslight me about 2 days like he never borrowed it. fukk Britt Marling.

The OA is only beaten by Lost in terms of hackery because The OA was rightfully cancelled after 2 seasons and a god awful cliff hanger. The Lost creators are currently trying to out do themselves with "From"