I can't stand these "woke" "intersectional" Negroes! MLK's "problematic legacy" discussed

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Can we stop using the term "woke"?

Its synonymous with n*ggerlover in white supremacist circles.

To me "woke" does not just mean Black folks.
It's similar to PC Warriors and SJW's, (ex purple haired college liberals who get offended because you called them she instead of they).

People who virtue signal by attaching themselves to every new social justice movement, some well meaning, but often they go about advocating for their causes in a way that turns people against them.

So I will continue to use "woke" to bash these fake-ass woke people.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
:what:

When did Black men ever pretend like other groups didn't exist?

Why the fukk would we be obligated to fight for others who were not being lynched, denied voting rights, imprisoned and locked out of decent jobs to provide for their families?

Black men barely had rights ourselves during those times! What is so wrong with getting shyt right for our people first?

I think he is saying the mistake we made was letting them get away with it. If that's what he's saying, he isn't wrong.

The intersectionalists have been taking pot shots for years. There are always some who take the view that they should be ignored, when I'm of the view that you don't allow a threat to grow.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I actually like this because discussing the 60s era exposes a lot of holes in their arguments. We’re talking about seeking equal rights in the 60s - equal voting, equal access to job, etc - and you’re immediate reaction is “but you didn’t say pineapple, you left pineapple out” there’s a problem.

There were more married housewives in the 60s than now, by far. If you want to argue that was the product of patriarchy in terms of what jobs wouldn’t couldn’t get then sure, fine, I will give you that. But MLK’s poor people campaign was heavily focused on jobs that included a lot of women. The focus was on wages and JOBS for black people.

It’s wild how the “but what about all lives mattering” mentality is perfectly acceptable to these people when it comes to LBGT and women. BLM should mean BLM.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To me "woke" does not just mean Black folks.
It's similar to PC Warriors and SJW's, (ex purple haired college liberals who get offended because you called them she instead of they).

People who virtue signal by attaching themselves to every new social justice movement, some well meaning, but often they go about advocating for their causes in a way that turns people against them.

So I will continue to use "woke" to bash these fake-ass woke people.

It doesnt matter what you think, its about what the perception means at large

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
nikkas need to get their ass beat anytime they disrespect MLK.

espescially these armchair militants/ fakkits and punks on the net

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be honest with you. I personally feel that some of you guys are homophobic/transphobic and it comes up in this discussion where as yall aren't exactly focusing at the real issue at hand here.