I feel like Amazon Prime is the Zune to Netflix's iPod

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I should’ve known better when a show from USA Network was getting hyped up. :scust: The only good shows they ever had were WWF/E Raw (sucks now) and their Cartoon Express block for Saturday morning cartoons back in the 90s. :lolbron:

First two seasons of The Last Ship were good and so is Colony (on Netflix).

bnew

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug: Say what you will but I don't think I've found a show that has particularly gripped me from Amazon. I liked American Gods and Mr Robot, but too much of my praise would go into saying "it's pretty" rather than writing or acting.

That's not to say Netflix is the be all and end all, but I've been more compelled by Black Mirror, 13 Reasons Why and The Crown than any Amazon show. It just kinda sucks cos Amazon has got some hot properties to come out soon, but I give it a second thought and it's like "why should I care really?"

What you saying though?

I have Amazon prime for the free shipping and i've only ever streamed from prime video once but I've watched a lot of Prime programming. I prefer to download my shows. Amazon has some good content.

Shows i've watched and enjoyed in their entirety

Bosch
Sneaky Pete is really good , can't wait for the second season.
Patriot
[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)']The Man in the High Castle
[/URL]
[URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_(TV_series)'][URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Van_Johnson']Jean-Claude Van Johnson[/URL][/URL]

Theres a few more shows i have in queue to watch but amazon is stepping up their game, theres a lot of new shows in development and they have a lot of non original content they've licensed.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
okay I'll keep letting suckers like you pay for it while I stay getting it free :mjlol:

$10 a month is fair no doubt. I got more than enough money to pay for that. But why pay if you don't have to? I got suckers like you to pay for it for me while I stream for free :ahh: :mjlol:

What kind of dumbass clowns the very people enabling him to access content "for free"? If nobody paid we'd all be stuck watching local terrestrial TV you broke bytch. The fukk.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Also, ignoring the fact that neither of those shows are Amazon originals.......

NOBODY pays for Prime for the media content. Prime was created in order to give folks the option to pay a flat rate for shipping and an incentive to purchase (often cheaper) products directly from Amazon rather than independent sellers.

Prime Video/originals was merely an added bonus serving as a "thank you for your patronage". It was never meant to be a bonafide streaming service. Where it's at today is simply a sign of Jeff Bezos trying to have his hand in EVERY possible cookie jar.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both are trash. Why pay for something you can easily download or stream for free?

BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY KNOWS HOW OR WANTS TO

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate Amazon's interface, especially on the PS3. Each season of a show is listed separately, navigation is clunky and awkward, and finding subbed vs dubbed anime is a pain in the ass too.

They don't have Cowboy Bebop in English? :what: That's one of the most iconic English dubs. :mindblown:

milkshakespeare

Fukkin Black Barbie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Amazon has a lot of Japanese horror movies and that’s what I’ve been into lately so I’m pretty satisfied.

I also really like the tick

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Also, ignoring the fact that neither of those shows are Amazon originals.......

NOBODY pays for Prime for the media content. Prime was created in order to give folks the option to pay a flat rate for shipping and an incentive to purchase (often cheaper) products directly from Amazon rather than independent sellers.

Prime Video/originals was merely an added bonus serving as a "thank you for your patronage". It was never meant to be a bonafide streaming service. Where it's at today is simply a sign of Jeff Bezos trying to have his hand in EVERY possible cookie jar.

Neither was/is Black Mirror. All of those shows are in a 'made it a hot song' context to me. Also with Bezos putting his hand everywhere, it seems to me he's trying to make a Netflix killer. I mean Lord of the Rings and the original Top Gear crew (just to start as well)? That sounds like more than just a slight effort

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The Mr. Robot slander in here :picard:

To the topic Man In The High Castle is the only show I watch on Amazon, fiending for it to come back :wow:

And from what I've heard its movie selection is better than Netflix.

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
The Mr. Robot slander in here :picard:

To the topic Man In The High Castle is the only show I watch on Amazon, fiending for it to come back :wow:

And from what I've heard its movie selection is better than Netflix.

Lol I should edit my op, I guess it reads like I dislike it. And Man in the High Castle, maybe I should check it out. Just seemed generic (by the cast) to me when it was first advertised