I guarantee 98% of you dont even read or have a library card.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I grew up 3 houses from a library, that was the place to be on a Friday night at age 9. This was just before libraries were used for computers.

My first library card password was 1472, after Jermaine Dupri’s album.

I’m still after a book I remember going through as a 4 year old, some guy riding a motorcycle with a glass windshield and bugs getting smashed against it.

I have my own library now, physical and digital.

That place molded me, I still see it in my dreams :mjcry:
I used to get dropped off at the library instead of my parents using babysitters :yeshrug:

Be there for like 4hrs pre-internet era just reading all types off stuff, nobody I've ever spoken to as an adult experienced that

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Don't even get me started on the females. :pachaha:
lmfaocant make this shyt up

library_banner.jpg

squirrel_club_squirrel_and_hedgehog_together__2.jpg

F49qOlkWQAA3rCr.jpg

1022278b03f0fa8c14e2100f5dfa70a8.jpg

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
That and I noticed over Covid that Library’s have games and blue rays now. I try out games I don’t want to pay for from time to time.

They've had video games,albums and movies for nearly 20 years now.... but it's a lot of people who don't know that cause they haven't been to a library since they were a kid.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A general misconception is that the only thing at libraries are books.

Libraries in most major cities offer things from access to public records, classes to learn/practice languages and other skills. all the way to renting power tools.

A lot of scammers wouldn't be as successful as they are if people realized that books provide everything their courses do...for free, and you don't run the risk of committing fraud.
Yes. They would be. People realize the information is in books and for free. People don’t want to actually go through the process of learning on their own when someone can sell them a curated version of what they need to know. It’s eqsierb

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I really should get a library card … :patrice:

Right now I order books and I use audible …

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
It's ironic that we do so much reading and writing on here.

If you post regularly you've written a novel the size of The Stand. Prolly a few times over depending on your join date.

Yet some Brehs won't spend 10 min reading about actual research before they form their opinions.

As for the library, I am holding it in my hand. I've read so much about the subjects I'm into that I seldom find new information. Quantum physics for example. Unless I get a degree in advanced mathematics, I have learned everything I can about it (as a random person who is not actually a scientist).

Only time I ever read a book in one sitting I was about like 9 hanging out at the local library when I found Donald Goines' Swamp Man. Sat there for hours and read the whole thing. I was telling my homie what I had just read and a lady overheard me and scolded me about reading such filth.