I Had To Uninvite My Father to my Wedding

kittenheels

Pushing through the #Zoo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
A lot of you African brehs let your parents run life. I could never understand.

Yeah, you could say that. Nigerian parents are really concerned about not bringing shame or embarrassment to the family. My fiance's people tried that shyt controlling shyt with me, I ain't the one. I been through too much in my life already, I got my life together, and I got a momma to tell me what to do.

Yes he did. And i dont give a fukk about optics anymore tbh
On that note, he can stay uninvited. The hell wrong with him? Does your fiance parents know? I'm glad my dad was level headed.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
No. It took 4 of my brothers and my mother to stop me. I wanted to kill him. I would like to think i would have more self control but maybd im more like hin than i realize
I mean, if she ever told her fam, they would try to kill or put juju on him. He need to apologize. Otherwise, idk breh. Idk

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
No, he used a different fear tactic

I am so sorry breh. This is serious. I think you did the right thing.

Personally I wouldn't marry a man that would allow his father or any other man to put hands on. I am glad you stood up for YOUR family. You did the right thing.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, you could say that. Nigerian parents are really concerned about not bringing shame or embarrassment to the family. My fiance's people tried that shyt controlling shyt with me, I ain't the one. I been through too much in my life already, I got my life together, and I got a momma to tell me what to do.

On that note, he can stay uninvited. The hell wrong with him? Does your fiance parents know? I'm glad my dad was level headed.

If they knew there would be no wedding

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
pape-.jpg

^OP’s dad when he comes to the wedding uninvited