I Had To Uninvite My Father to my Wedding

kittenheels

Pushing through the #Zoo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Did your dad threaten/hit your fiance? I wish my father was alive to come to my wedding, I would give anything to see him again. If it is a petty dispute, let it go. You know your dad has to be there, or judgment and gossip will ensue. You also have to receive your familial blessing. I know several people I don't want at my wedding but they are invited because of my mom and optics.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll die for my pops as 1st son but if he hit my wife. I can't even say because it won't happen and I won't put it in the universe.

Gold, if he open to violence on your soon to be wife. I would move without him unless he understands that this just can't happen or you will go to jail. I wouldn't take measures into my own hands unless it goes there.

If he feels he is in the right, he is capable of.anything. i realize this now. He has 0 limits

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The same way a lot of African can't understand the western family dynamics. Different cultures :yeshrug:
I understand family dynamics not fear. I'm African...

I know grown men scared to tell their folks they don't wanna marry their pre-selected mate.

Already seen a divorce because of this and dude lost money... he never even consummated.

You can' let them dictate everything. They will...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did your dad threaten/hit your fiance? I wish my father was alive to come to my wedding, I would give anything to see him again. If it is a petty dispute, let it go. You know your dad has to be there, or judgment and gossip will ensue. I know several people I don't want at my wedding but they are invited because of my mom and optics.

Yes he did. And i dont give a fukk about optics anymore tbh

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
They are terrified of him

Everyone is. No one stands up to him, ever
Ain't your dad 5'6? That sounds like the dad of a couple NFL brothers in Houston. The wife is 6'1. The man is 5'5. His first is 5'4 but his 2nd and 3rd are 6'7 and 6'4 and both played or play in the NFL. He be beating the momma ass and no one does shyt cause they scared of him.

Nigerian daddy or momma in some cases got mental abuse on lock. He do so much for you that you can't say shyt otherwise. I mean, they still love you and that's all you know :yeshrug:

Keepya onya toes

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Trust me this was my first reaction.

Well no, my first reaction was to kill him if not for my mother. I might have... i dunno im all the way mentallynfukkedup

My dad's Jamaican and he always guilt trips me when I don't do what he wants. It can often be one sided. Maintain your distance, as your father does not respect you or himself. If he did he would not go crazy abusing his position as head of the family. Maintain your dignity, he is still your father, drop the anger and allow him no space physically in your life as physically he cannot be trusted.

Your father is learning boundaries late in his life unfortunately but you are not his foot stool. Is your father jealous of your finances? Did he struggle financially to raise you and sees your new soon to be wife as a threat?

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
Damn. I know you've had issues with him in the past. That's a shame. If you truly love your soon to be wife, then you gotta do what you gotta. I know the GMB brigade might try to clown, but that you're going to build with. You can't have ANYBODY disrespecting her; blood or not. I've had to check my pops a couple times too. I almost think that this is a rite of passage amongst men.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Is your wife Nigerian too?
I agree with the poster above that said Nigerians allow their parents to control their lives too much. good for you being a MAN and standing on some principle

My inlaws and grand-inlaws boycotted my wedding because I'm not the religion they approve of and my dad didn't come cause he self centered as fukk as went on a vacation he couldn't afford a couple months before my wedding and couldn't afford a ticket to fly out despite being given over a year notice
My wife and I said fukk em and had the time of our lives. Thats YOUR day homey, don't let other people flaws stress you out

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So you not gone tell us what he did?
He's marrying a Cameroonian. Pops couldn't stop with the jokes. :troll:

I tried, trust me. He is the one who said he wont come to my wedsing unless i did x things. I said if i do that, my fiancee will leave me. He said so be it. I said ok dad, then dont come.

It was his idea from the jump, im merely calling his bluff and sticking with it
Prenup?:patrice: