I Had To Uninvite My Father to my Wedding

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People don't know what it's like to have a toxic parent or they wouldn't be telling you to surrender to his ego. A wedding is one day and am event that his presence isn't needed at since he's not in full support.

There will be plenty more events, holidays, birthdays, family reunions etc that he can be involved in, it's not like you're telling him he can't see his grandchildren.

Me personally. I've sacrificed enough of my peace of mind for family and friends in this lifetime. If it's bothering you that much do what's best for you.

Breh... you truly get it.

A wedding is not a place.for.the energy he brings. Not gonna have my wife afraid of him during the ceremony. He needs to ger right with himself. His toxicity wont be my reality

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's the point in HALF A STORY. You have always been a lil dramatic poster and I ain't saying you're wrong in this instance, because I don't know with HALF A STORY.

Fess up or shut up. Know one can give advice with HALF A STORY.

Yeah I keep saying HALF A STORY... Because like my post HALF A STORY is annoying as fxck.

Get my drift tell the WHOLE STORY or NO STORY but never ever ever HALF A STORY.

Imagine your father slapped the shyt out of your fiance for something YOU did. Is this ever justified??? EVER??

Not saying this is exaxtly what happened but honestly its close enough

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Yea I heard Nigerian pops don’t play
I still get clowned for how my dad used to go off at school by my homies. On teachers, coaches, me, etc. My wedding night, yo, remember when your dad started wildin on Mrs.... :dead:

What's crazy is now that I am older, I be wildin on these cacs. They be getting scared af too. My wife told me to watch my temper

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
God puts on us no more than we can bear. You can and will handle the situation; we get tired but we bend and not break.

Maybe try a mediatory person to talk it out? At least give him the option to apologize or uninvite himself.

My dad was a pedophile and I had to forgive him in my heart to fully move on from the disgust. I didn’t want him to die with me angry at him bc when he died that anger would never be able to go away. I forgave him. Never forgot, but I lived by the Only God can judge philosophy.

Just my two cents breh, wish you the best and praying for y’all.
giphy.gif

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate the responses you guys. The ones who disagree with me and the ones who agree i respect them all.

This is not a decision to be taken lightly. But if i cannot defend my wife, im not ready to marry her

Keepya onya toes

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Imagine your father slapped the shyt out of your fiance for something YOU did. Is this ever justified??? EVER??

No it's not. Forget the wedding you need to univite your father out of your life if your father slapped your soon to be wife for something you did.

Biblical quote him if he's playing the honour thy father and mother rule. Parents should not provoke their children to anger.