I have 3 teenage daughters...Help a Dad out! (esp Lady Coli members)

Quinn

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I have 3 teenage daughters...as much as I am able to school them on things I think are important for them to know as it relates to being Black women...I can only do so much before they just tune the old man out.

My daughters are bright and relatively aware, for their age. They can handle some complex ideas at their age and I'm proud of them for that.

What I need help with is sources (books, documentaries, articles, etc.) to help me carry the messages I think they need to learn.

What have y'all used to aid in your chirren's education?

Help a Dad out.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I have 3 teenage daughters...as much as I am able to school them on things I think are important for them to know as it relates to being Black women...I can only do so much before they just tune the old man out.

My daughters are bright and relatively aware, for their age. They can handle some complex ideas at their age and I'm proud of them for that.

What I need help with is sources (books, documentaries, articles, etc.) to help me carry the messages I think they need to learn.

What have y'all used to aid in your chirren's education?

Help a Dad out.

Those learning resources are good. But as a supplement they will need a strong female presence to model. Young people, and people in general, love to emulate. Tap your network for 1-3 women who can serve as part-time mentors to your daughters. And make sure any woman you date is a good role model for your girls.

Good luck breh.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Those learning resources are good. But as a supplement they will need a strong female presence to model. Young people, and people in general, love to emulate. Tap your network for 1-3 women who can serve as part-time mentors to your daughters. And make sure any woman you date is a good role model for your girls.

Good luck breh.
Solid advice

Where's our friend @Brown_Pride
He drops some gems

Daps
Reppin
NULL
th
th
41ARGKQ3Q5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
51bCbGJMjnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

With-Ossie-and-Ruby.jpg

Quinn

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
I'm not a single Father. Their Mother and my Wife (different women) set a good example.

But when it comes to learning about the world they will inherit, I feel like it is my job to equip them. Just looking for some help. I'm not too proud to admit that shiiiit..I need some help on this one.

Daps
Make sure you expose them to the arts and good reading material. It's important as a father for you to always make them feel secure. My dad sat me down when I was a teen and told me that I never need to go to another man for anything. I could always expect him to have my back. Because of that I was never in a rush to get a boyfriend or be liked my boys. Even now at 28 I don't feel any pressure to conform to anything to be with a man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a single Father. Their Mother and my Wife (different women) set a good example.

But when it comes to learning about the world they will inherit, I feel like it is my job to equip them. Just looking for some help. I'm not too proud to admit that shiiiit..I need some help on this one.

Teach them the values of Family being important and questions things that don't make sense to them. Expose them to workshops that help build communities and bring them to seminars about things that interest them.