I Love Batman But There Is One Major Issue With It

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Let's be real, I'm a marvel Stan & this is bullshyt. Most his bad guys are wack because he's wack.

Batman isn't an icon cause his personality, he HAS NO personally. He's an icon because of symbolism & justice. Panther, Spidey & Ironman all do anything Bruce does better.

On topic: "Forever Evil" (I think) made me respect some DC bad guys. Joker & Two Face are epic. Court of Owls got played off.
Batman has plenty of personality...he’s dark, brooding, cold, and calculated that’s his personality and they display it well. No personality would be a character like Clark Kent...he’s just kind of there a blank slate

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
His villains suck.
Batman is the most serious character in the comics universe DC or Marvel.
And his biggest villain is joker, what a joke.
He does not have a major villain serious like him.

Think sherlock Holmes vs professor moriarty, two geniuses against each other.

Should be a batman against someone as serious, as capable in fighting, has great investigative skills, has a dark past, doesnt make jokes etc..

As a superhero he has no villain at his caliber, which makes no sense when you think the reason batman is the most beloved hero is because of his personality.

What a missed & still missing opportunity.

Enough with the joker, enuff with two face, stop continuing not so grear villains

giphy.gif

cant be serious, he was voted number 2 greatest super villian of all time and he doesnt even have one superpower.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think the OP does have a point if he distinctively means fighting ability. Based off of that, villains like Riddler, Penguin, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange, Freis, Pyg don't stack up.

But he also has Ra's al Ghul, Talia, Bane, Talon, Joker (unpredictable/unorthodox fighter), Clayface, Killer Croc, Man-Bat....tryna think of some more off top that got hands.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Batman's villains are among the best in comics. Even outside of The Joker, Ra's al Ghul can put the brakes off of the Justice League, and the rest of the rogue gallery in other non Gotham villain teams.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
You guys dont get my OP.
Yall keep saying joker is great.

A key point in my OP is think sherlock holmes vs professor Moriarty.

So I mean a MATCHING villain.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I said it a long time ago, but you have nikkas being ultra stans yet their basis of knowledge is cartoons and movies:unimpressed:

I seen this becoming a problem around the time the first "Avengers" dropped .

People were in the lobby talking about Thanos....knowing damn well 90% of them didn't know who he was prior to Googling him. Which is whatever but couple that with the way the internet lets people just jump into topics they have zero knowledge of....and here we are.

The most recent example was the "Game Of Thrones" thread. People that never appeared in any thread prior to the final season binged it then told day 1 fans "stop watching" when we complained the writing fell off a god damned cliff. :unimpressed:

Fred.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
just say you dont know anything about his villIains than saying his villains suck

OP aint never read a fukking Batman comic to save his life smh

Bane, Deathstroke, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Lady Shiva, Deadshot, Red Hood, Owlman, Talon, Hush...

That's just going off the HUMANS that could throw hands smh no aliens or metahumans or demons or cyborgs here

Edit: all the villains I listed have beat batman physically and especially ra's, bane, red hood, hush, and owlman have fukked batman's whole life up with extremely detailed plans on genius level strategy. Do better bruh

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You guys dont get my OP.
Yall keep saying joker is great.

A key point in my OP is think sherlock holmes vs professor Moriarty.

So I mean a MATCHING villain.

The Joker perfectly represents Batman for the setting and purpose of Batman. The battle for Gotham's soul bro. Batman = Order and Joker = Chaos.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
naw fam

Batman and spider Man have the best rogues gallery in comics. Then probably the Fantastic Four.

Most of Batmans villains are colorful, varying in personality and theme, and deranged in such a way that they are appealing to a vast array of fans. Like ive legit seen Riddler, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn and Two Face stans on message boards.

And i think the point youre missing is that Batmans villains are a test of his entire skill set. Remember Nolans "the Dark knight" was really a huge statement on Batmans rogues gallery. He's against people who " cannot be reasoned with and want to see the world burn"...

He cannot reason with the Joker. He cannot beat the Riddler into submission. He cannot physically outmatch Bane. So Batman stories are about how is this peak human going to use his combined skill set to outwit, outfight and out gadget these crazy people?

Which in turn justifies Batmans existence as he was created to be the ultimate reaction to the rampant common criminal. The unstoppable force meet the unmoveable object.

Last edited: