Daps
Stan+Lee+Adrian+Curry.JPG

Can we get a Stanley smilie?

JayJustice

Cosplay Queen
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I found this thread amusing because folks want to say that in the US most of the good looking girls at conventions are paid to be there. That isn't true. Some are, and even those girls still started out like everyone else, going to comic con for fun & making their own costumes out of scraps. That's how I started out. Eventually your costumes get better, and people like them enough to want to compensate you. I'm damn sure not gonna say no to being paid to attend a con I was gonna go to anyway. That's how most of us get started. There's a photo of me in this thread, and I'm friends with many of the other girls you posted as well.

Dirty_Jerz

Ethiop
Daps
Reppin
the evils of truth, and love
I found this thread amusing because folks want to say that in the US most of the good looking girls at conventions are paid to be there. That isn't true. Some are, and even those girls still started out like everyone else, going to comic con for fun & making their own costumes out of scraps. That's how I started out. Eventually your costumes get better, and people like them enough to want to compensate you. I'm damn sure not gonna say no to being paid to attend a con I was gonna go to anyway. That's how most of us get started. There's a photo of me in this thread, and I'm friends with many of the other girls you posted as well.

really? which one

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Are you the She Hulk? :lupe:
It's funny there was another thread where people were talking about all the girls at expos and how they were fakes and other ignorance.....
So tell the Coli are you trill playa? do you play videogames? do you read comics? :lupe:

JayJustice

Cosplay Queen
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
Are you the She Hulk? :lupe:
It's funny there was another thread where people were talking about all the girls at expos and how they were fakes and other ignorance.....
So tell the Coli are you trill playa? do you play videogames? do you read comics? :lupe:

How did you know? My own mother is really bad at recognizing me when I have body paint on, lol.

It's always funny to me when people claim other people are fake. How do you know? Do you personally know every single cosplayer? I've been cosplaying for almost 3 years and going to conventions for 10 years. I know a lot of people in the business and the only female cosplayer I know who legitimately does not read comics, is purely a Star Trek fan & that's her thing. She doesn't try to front.

I play video games, been reading comics for over 20 years (I am old lol), really into science fiction, fantasy, anime, manga & ttg.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
How did you know? My own mother is really bad at recognizing me when I have body paint on, lol.

It's always funny to me when people claim other people are fake. How do you know? Do you personally know every single cosplayer? I've been cosplaying for almost 3 years and going to conventions for 10 years. I know a lot of people in the business and the only female cosplayer I know who legitimately does not read comics, is purely a Star Trek fan & that's her thing. She doesn't try to front.

I play video games, been reading comics for over 20 years (I am old lol), really into science fiction, fantasy, anime, manga & ttg.
Well there are very few black cosplayer pictured and judging from the pic in your avi I made an educated guess.
Yeah I mean it's funny people claim that no attractive girls watch anime, play videogames or read comics but my GF is a huge gamer matter of fact she's playing L4D2 right now.
And my lil sister are big into anime and manga and all that junk.
But of course people don't want to deal with their assumptions being wrong or take responsibility for their own failures (in this case of getting with women who like those things)