I started going to the gym breh..

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
I gotcha.

I'm a big proponent of cardio so that's cool.

But you should touch some weights. After lifting on and off since I was 14 (I'm 42 now) I am secretly jealous of noobs making newbie gains after a year

You'll probably be benching 185 within a year which is respectable.
Yea ima look up some workouts and do sum shyt..only thing I know is dumbbell curls, bench pressing and squatting lol

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Damn y’all was arguing like a couple after one date? lol
That’s how you know it’s meant to be

She had her bags packed to move her and her two kids who ain’t seen they daddy in five months in

#lovewins

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This thread. :skip:

Yea ima look up some workouts and do sum shyt..only thing I know is dumbbell curls, bench pressing and squatting lol

Get on an actual beginner weight training program. Self-programming and autoregulating are for experts; get on some pre-made, prepackaged shyt. Watch some YT videos on proper lifting form, even for benching and squatting. (I can almost guarantee your form ain't right.)

The biggest mistakes you can make as a noob in the gym are: 1) trying to call your own shots; 2) quitting before you make it a habit; 3) having poor exercise selection; 4) not eating enough/too much.

Using a proven program takes care of 1 & 3, now you just have to stick with it and eat to support your goals.

Each one teach one. @Starski @trap101 @TM101 @Gully Bull @phcitywarrior Come drop knowledge on this unknowing-ass nikka. :russ:

Son Goku

Daps
There is absolutely no way to outwork a bad diet.

False. Some folks can outwork a bad diet. If you can't, you don't have the genetics that allow you to.

The stomach area is the last place for weight to fall off, once you start seeing definition in your arms and legs, the stomach fat will gradually go.

Possibly false. Fat storage is determined entirely by genetics.

You'll probably be benching 185 within a year which is respectable.

6iyz-Jsi-d.webp

Last edited:

FukYaFeelings

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Englewood Chicago to Southwest Atlanta
Lookup 5x5 strong fit

Also do some pull ups. You may need to get on a pull up machine to start out

Bet Preciate it

Get on an actual beginner weight training program. Self-programming and autoregulating are for experts; get on some pre-made, prepackaged shyt. Watch some YT videos on proper lifting form, even for benching and squatting. (I can almost guarantee your form ain't right.)

The biggest mistakes you can make as a noob in the gym are: 1) trying to call your own shots; 2) quitting before you make it a habit; 3) having poor exercise selection; 4) not eating enough/too much.

Using a proven program takes care of 1 & 3, now you just have to stick with it and eat to support your goals.

Each one teach one. @Starski @trap101 @TM101 @Gully Bull @phcitywarrior Come drop knowledge on this unknowing-ass nikka. :russ:
shyt I be on here having fun I knew nikkas was gone flame me built saying im bad built but shyt if u can’t laugh at urself ain’t no point

WaveWhisperer

Stainless Steel
Daps
Reppin
Steel
Very true I ain’t really changed my diet but I’ve been slowing losing weight. I figure eating whatever and not going to the gym is worse than eating whatever but still hitting the gym.

And yea I don’t drink during the week anymore only weekends
My breh, if you tryna drop weight then introduce yaself to the stairmaster , start off trying to hit ten mins, the 15 then 20:blessed:

And then the punching bag if the gym got one , get five rounds in, ask yaself, what them shoulders do? Practice that footwork. Thats gon wear you out
:blessed:

Got damnb cardio:blessed:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Cmon man talk about it. I read stuff here and online and just tell nggas ain’t in shape. Bc if you really confident certain shyt dont even bother you. No one is a threat to you. Not even on some tough guy shyt but just ….you not in a state to prove something to anybody else

And even moreso if you one of them ones and get women looking (and dudes no diddy). It’s a totally different mind state
Dap and rep, straight facts. Consistency in the gym leads to having blinders on yourself because you so focused on your own path, you don't even notice you're improving, even though you are. You'll get to the point where you take a step back and be like damn I really built myself up, then the workout high afterwards you get is crazy, shyt turns into a healthy addiction.

trap101

All Star
Daps

I'm on my Cyclops evil story arc phase...

Screenshot-20240415-191449-Firefox.jpg

All he get's from me is a Strong Lifts 5x5 plug.....if he is still consistent after the summer.. then you may be worthy...

Last edited:

Son Goku

Daps
Dap and rep, straight facts. Consistency in the gym leads to having blinders on yourself because you so focused on your own path, you don't even notice you're improving, even though you are. You'll get to the point where you take a step back and be like damn I really built myself up, then the workout high afterwards you get is crazy, shyt turns into a healthy addiction.

YARN | Preach Brother | I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988) | Video clips by  quotes | 46969c23 | 紗

Repped.

This is what the Fats don't get even though they've done it with food their whole lives. As soon as they can replace "donuts" or "fast food" with "exercise", it clicks like some Ikea shyt. :ohhh:

It's all about creating that positive feedback loop of workout feel good get results workout some more. Once you do that without stopping it, you're golden, word to Frieza.
SSJ3-Wow.png

I had stacked those first six months straight of Gym + Food + Recovery and I blew the fukk up. I had broads in the office that didn't even mess me talking on some "You seen @Son Goku's been working out :leon: " shyt behind my back, but I didn't even realize it because I was running down my path. :lupe: