I won't front, Kamala Harris reparations response was pretty encouraging

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Encouraging if you aren't black and you make under 100k

When asked by theGrio to confirm her support and elaborate on implementing reparations, Sen. Harris responded:

“We had over 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow for almost a century. We had legalized discrimination, segregation… We have to recognize that everybody did not start out on an equal footing in this country and in particular Black people have not.

“We have got to do something about that and give folks a lift up. That’s why for example I’m proposing the LIFT Act: Give people (all people, not just blacks) who are making $100,000 or less as a family a tax credit, which will benefit and uplift 60 percent of Black families who are in poverty,” she explained.

LIFT Act is considered to be a wide-sweeping tax plan and cash income program, which on average will provide an additional $500 monthly to working families and single people. It would not impact those who aren’t working and earning income.

This is pretty cool

A 6 figure nicca (every dude on the coli) would get nothing. the descendents of slave owners and people who have been the beneficiaries of systemic racism would get $500 a month if they make under 100k. Blacks who are unemployed would get nothing

“So I’m not gonna sit here and say I’m gonna do something that’s only gonna benefit Black people. No"

:dead:

I actually like the plan on it's own In a non reparations discussion.....AFTER we've committed to paying the people who descend from the slaves who built this country....but this is the response we get from a woman that black people are supposed to be excited about? :what:

Where the REAL black women with 2 black parents and a black partner at? :wow:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah she was tripping with that. How you gonna acknowledge slavery and how we didn't start on a level playing field, then say you gonna do shyt that would help white people too. :russ:

Are you really asking how?

screen-shot-2020-08-13-at-4-56-50-pm.png

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Vote for Biden/Harris all you want but please don’t come in here and deflect at how shytty and insulting this is.

Oh I'm voting for them

I'm just not finna act like we supposed to be excited cuz we got a HALF black woman who has shown no interest in riding for blacks

I'm glad to see a lot of people on here are waking up

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
thing is she can't make a law exclusively for black people like that because the Equal Protection Clause makes it unconstitutional

If it helps black folks, what does it matter if a few poor white people get help too?

:what:

This whole post is wrong

A few poor whites?

Nicca do you know how many whites make less than 100k?

Do you know how many of those SAME WHITE FOLKS still have WEALTH that will be passed down to them?

You're helping people who don't need help while ignoring the people who built the country

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
:what:

This whole post is wrong

A few poor whites?

Nicca do you know how many whites make less than 100k?

Do you know how many of those SAME WHITE FOLKS still have WEALTH that will be passed down to them?

You're helping people who don't need help while ignoring the people who built the country
does it ignore them? i thought it was anyone getting under $100,000. from what i gathered, it's not an either or thing.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Yeah she was tripping with that. How you gonna acknowledge slavery and how we didn't start on a level playing field, then say you gonna do shyt that would help white people too. :russ:

"so let's be clear. let's really be clear..."

she said that with her whole chest

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
does it ignore them? i thought it was anyone getting under $100,000. from what i gathered, it's not an either or thing.

Ignoring the 6 figure niccas....all of us on the coli

:unimpressed:

There are more whites making under 100k than blacks (there are much more whites in America than blacks)

More white people will benefit from this than blacks

That is absurd

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
There's always Trump's views on the subject of reparations

Trump on reparations for slavery: 'I don't see it happening'

"I think it’s a very unusual thing," Trump told The Hill when asked about the idea of trying to rectify the enduring effects of slavery's legacy. "It’s been a very interesting debate. I don’t see it happening, no."

Trump basically with the

tenor.gif