I won't front, Kamala Harris reparations response was pretty encouraging

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's always Trump's views on the subject of reparations

Trump on reparations for slavery: 'I don't see it happening'

"I think it’s a very unusual thing," Trump told The Hill when asked about the idea of trying to rectify the enduring effects of slavery's legacy. "It’s been a very interesting debate. I don’t see it happening, no."

Trump basically with the

tenor.gif

Black people know that Donald trump is the devil. We are rallying every negro to get off their ass and vote him out of office

Kamala is being heralded as a legendary black person

Should we have the same level of expectations for the two of them?

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Black people know that Donald trump is the devil. We are rallying every negro to get off their ass and vote him out of office

Kamala is being heralded as a legendary black person

Should we have the same level of expectations for the two of them?

Agreed. Something funny about Kamala too, I noticed it went from her being a legendary Black person, and a Black woman, to now she's Black and South Asian. It's weird how the bar keeps getting moved, almost like a bait and switch. As far as expectations, I have none when thinking about Biden/Kamala on the subject of reparations. At this very moment in time though, Trump is a bigger priority.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
There's always Trump's views on the subject of reparations

Trump on reparations for slavery: 'I don't see it happening'

"I think it’s a very unusual thing," Trump told The Hill when asked about the idea of trying to rectify the enduring effects of slavery's legacy. "It’s been a very interesting debate. I don’t see it happening, no."

Trump basically with the

tenor.gif

Both parties are the same, they said

"We as a nation have not yet truly acknowledged and grappled with racism and white supremacy that has tainted this country's founding and continues to persist in those deep racial disparities and inequalities today," Booker said during testimony at last week's hearing.

Booker's legislation currently has 14 cosponsors, with six other presidential candidates among them: Sen. Michael Bennet, D-Colo.; Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.; Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif.; Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.; Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt.; and Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass.

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
Ignoring the 6 figure niccas....all of us on the coli

:unimpressed:

There are more whites making under 100k than blacks (there are much more whites in America than blacks)

More white people will benefit from this than blacks

That is absurd
I feel you, but but the 100k threshold helps over 90% of black households.

Distribution of Household Income by Race

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Vote for Biden/Harris all you want but please don’t come in here and deflect at how shytty and insulting this is.
Just because you vote for them doesn't mean you can't still hold them accountable.
In fact i feel like it's easier to do that when they are actually in office. MLK was able to do that with LBJ. You think LBJ wanted to pass those voting rights bills? History gives him credit for it now but it was pressure from black people within his party. LBJ didn't give a fukk about black people, but he did want to be re-elected. No amount of pressure from black people will move Trump to do anything for us.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel you, but but the 100k threshold helps over 90% of black households.

Distribution of Household Income by Race

Why are we she bringing up a program that helps EVERYONE, including people who could have literally gotten to America ONE YEAR AGO, when they're asking about reparations?

Imagine someone moving to America a year ago and getting 6k a year, and your family has been here for 400 years and you get nothing

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
:dead: AND IT HELPS
86% OF CAC HOUSEHOLDS
WHO ARE ALREADY DOING BETTER
THAN THOSE BLACK HOUSEHOLDS.

:devil:
:evil:
but one doesn't take away from the other.

the only way to really make this so that it helps more black folks significantly white is to lower the limit to 25,000, which would help 40% of black households as opposed to just 21% of CACs

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
No politican is going to openly support reparations until we economic study is done. If black folks actually wanted reparations we would be holding our representatives accountable in passing a study for the impact of free black labor.