I won't front, Kamala Harris reparations response was pretty encouraging

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
but one doesn't take away from the other.

the only way to really make this so that it helps more black folks significantly white is to lower the limit to 25,000, which would help 40% of black households as opposed to just 21% of CACs

Bruh

The question was about bridging racial wealth gap and REPARATIONS. She responded with "let's give $6000 a year to 86 percent of white families"

If you don't see the issue then :snoop:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Bruh

The question was about bridging racial wealth gap and REPARATIONS. She responded with "let's give $6000 a year to 86 percent of white families"

If you don't see the issue then :snoop:

Bolded isn't true the relief act decreases significantly the closer you get to 100k

DeuceCypherUno

knowledge God
Daps
Reppin
Straight out the fukkin' dungeons of rap
These dudes just don't get it :snoop:

How do we bridge the racial wealth gap by giving money to EVERYONE
i get the point but realistically, what you want aint gonna happen. As it is, because white people outnumber black people significantly here, it's very very very unlikely to pass something that would exclusively help black people since a.) they can outvote us and b.) they can invoke Equal Protection Clause.

So yea, obviously they are gonna make it so that some white people get a piece of it. Question is, would you rather be without the help or with it?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i get the point but realistically, what you want aint gonna happen. As it is, because white people outnumber black people significantly here, it's very very very unlikely to pass something that would exclusively help black people since a.) they can outvote us and b.) they can invoke Equal Protection Clause.

So yea, obviously they are gonna make it so that some white people get a piece of it. Question is, would you rather be without the help or with it?

I am a coli nicca, I wouldn't get any help

If this half black woman married a white man and proposes solutions that benefit everyone when they are SPECIFICALLY asking about blacks, why the fukk are black people supposed to rally behind her

:what:

Where is she showing that she's down for blacks on any level?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
They keep trying to put an income cap on it. First of all, she ain’t qualified to speak on reparations as it dudnt apply to her. Her family wasn’t even around for Jim Crow let alone slavery. That’s why she gives lame ass answers. Whether you’re living under the federal poverty line or making less than a certain amount is irrelevant, give us what’s owed. Oh and they never want to put black women with black husbands on the forefront. Trust me. I’ve seen it with my own eyes many times.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
but one doesn't take away from the other.

the only way to really make this so that it helps more black folks significantly white is to lower the limit to 25,000, which would help 40% of black households as opposed to just 21% of CACs
THE LGTB GET TANGIBLES
SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM...

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS GET TANGIBLES
SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM.

NATIVE AMERICANS WHO WERE
THE LAST PPL TO FREE SLAVES IN 1866 GET TANGIBLES
SPECIFICALLY FOR THEM.

BUT YOU IN HERE TELLING US
WE HAVE TO SHARE WITH
CACS AND EVERYBODY ELSE
IN THE COUNTRY TO GET ANYTHING.

YOU PPL ARE THE PROBLEM.

:dead:AND 21% OF CACS
IS STILL 46 MILLION CACS
WHILE 40% OF BLACKS
IS 16 MILLION

:devil:
:evil:

Daps

He literally says in the OP it’s encouraging for those who make less than 100k :skip:

It’s not reparations tho, and any attempts at trying to market it as such should be rebuked.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I would add a measure that requires them to show that any extended family or anybody that ever claimed them as dependents must also be below the poverty level or the 100k whichever works.

A rich white person should be responsible for funding any support to his estranged relatives. Not tax payers.

Too many poor white people i've seen come from perfectly normal well to do middle to upper class families. They didn't start out poor they just failed to make it on their own.

That would eliminate a large percentage of white people benefiting.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if you use the argument that they won't support reparations and we can't depend on them how can you than also say we need to vote for them, if I don't depend on them why would I support them?

And this notion that we are begging them or asking for a handout I don't know what kind of black people you associate with or have around but all the black people I know worked their asses off and never had shyt given to them, they had shyt taken from them and they got fukked over their entire lives but never did they have it easy, I walk into these notable companies and the only time I see familiar faces are when I see janitorial staff, they'll have some old black lady old enough to be your grandmother scrubbing walls/floors/toilets meanwhile you walk up to the front desk a young cac sitting there and his job consist of pushing a button that opens a door for you to access the main office and he makes twice what this lady makes.

I'm not interested in uplifting everybody because everybody isn't in our position, and if politicians are scared to mention us shyt I'm scared to vote for them.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Encouraging if you aren't black and you make under 100k

When asked by theGrio to confirm her support and elaborate on implementing reparations, Sen. Harris responded:

“We had over 200 years of slavery. We had Jim Crow for almost a century. We had legalized discrimination, segregation… We have to recognize that everybody did not start out on an equal footing in this country and in particular Black people have not.

“We have got to do something about that and give folks a lift up. That’s why for example I’m proposing the LIFT Act: Give people (all people, not just blacks) who are making $100,000 or less as a family a tax credit, which will benefit and uplift 60 percent of Black families who are in poverty,” she explained.

LIFT Act is considered to be a wide-sweeping tax plan and cash income program, which on average will provide an additional $500 monthly to working families and single people. It would not impact those who aren’t working and earning income.

This is pretty cool

A 6 figure nicca (every dude on the coli) would get nothing. the descendents of slave owners and people who have been the beneficiaries of systemic racism would get $500 a month if they make under 100k. Blacks who are unemployed would get nothing

“So I’m not gonna sit here and say I’m gonna do something that’s only gonna benefit Black people. No"

:dead:

I actually like the plan on it's own In a non reparations discussion.....AFTER we've committed to paying the people who descend from the slaves who built this country....but this is the response we get from a woman that black people are supposed to be excited about? :what:

Where the REAL black women with 2 black parents and a black partner at? :wow:
This doesn’t really have anything to do with her race though, it’s about the corporate power and the neoliberal ideology. All the Black centrist democrats in Congress with 2 Black parents and a Black spouse aren’t any better on policy issues pertaining to Black people...most are worse.