Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Cliff. Notes. Breh.

Since Meek Mill called out Drake for relying on it, ghostwriting has been a hot-button issue in rap once again. Wisely, someone decided to ask Ice Cube (who allegedly wrote the majority of the lyrics on N.W.A.'s Straight Outta Compton) to weigh in on the new controversy during a recent interview.

"I don't think it ever mattered in record making," Cube said when asked about the importance of self-penned lyrics in hip-hop, "I don't think people care what it takes for you to make a good record, just make sure it's good." Also comparing the process to building a house, Cube added that you do get "extra points" in his book if you write your own rhymes.

source: Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting [New Video]

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Ghostwriting never mattered in record making

It dont matter if none dude wrote a song or if 5 wrote it together, that doesnt change how good the song is

Q miller writing rico and 10 bands doesnt make the songs any worse

Using ghostwriters does matter if were talking about how good of a rapper you are though

Cube is right

Daps
Cube aint being PC, he dont need drake like other rap nikkas because hes hollywood now. Cube has been in the industry longer than most of you have been born so he knows what goes down in the studio behind closed doors. I dont know why yall are still in denial about the whole thing.
If you guys are saying hiphop is dead because of this, then hiphop has been dead since its creation.

Last edited:

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
What did you guys expect from the person who was writing Eazy E's raps and even made him say Ice Cube wrote the lyrics hes rapping in a song :snoop:

How smart would it be for him to diss people who use ghost writers like Eazy E, a week before the NWA movie brehs?

PC answer because hes on a promotion tour.