Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ghostwriting never mattered in record making

It dont matter ifnone dude wrote a song or if 5 wrote it together, that doesnt change how good the song is

Using ghostwriters does matter if were talking about how good of a rapper you are

Cube is right

You fukking serious to rap cats like drew and snoop maybe we don't care but dudes like rakim, nas and PAC... If they don't write a majority of their rhymes?!

:dahell: I refuse to believe the best lyrical MCs are outright frauds. nikkas don't even have talent to write their own music anymore shyt is fukking insane. Its not fukking hard to write your own rhymes!!!!

:mindblown:

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You fukking serious to rap cats like drew and snoop maybe we don't care but dudes like rakim, nas and PAC... If they don't write a majority of their rhymes?!

:dahell: I refuse to believe the best lyrical MCs are outright frauds. nikkas don't even have talent to write their own music anymore shyt is fukking insane. Its not fukking hard to write your own rhymes!!!!

:mindblown:

Did you even read what i said?

If we're judging mc's then obviously writing your own lyrics matter

If we are judging how good a song is it doesnt matter who wrote it

Two completely different things bro

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
If you're a rapper, chances are you've written for someone else(like many of the hip hop greats) or had verses written for you(like Drake and Lil Kim). Either way it's bad for business to publicly bash ghostwriting. I'm not surprised everyone is sticking with the safe answers.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Did you even read what i said?

If we're judging mc's then obviously writing your own lyrics matter

If we are judging how good a song is it doesnt matter who wrote it

Two completely different things bro

But don't lyrics make the damn song?!?! :dahell:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Example number 3244332 of an industry guy further dispelling the coli myth of ghostwriting being uncommon.. But dudes are so stubborn that they gonna spin this into him being pc or some other conspiracy bs

backbreaker65

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Passage of Time
How many of you guys are familiar with the movie "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"? there is a famous quote in the movie that is so fitting the myth of I write my own shyt. The quote is

"This is the West Sir, and when the legend becomes fact, print the legend".

The gentlemen seated is telling a lot of lies and they know it, so they are basically telling him tell a lie enough it will become the truth.

TruDatz

All Star
Daps

Ain't no one said anything about ANYONE not writing the majority of their raps. Damn why y'all niccas always go from 0 to 100? People been pointing to a few ghostwritten verses to say Hip Hop is dead and all people in the industry is saying is that collaboration happens. Nas has used ghostwritten verses here and there but he's still a lyrical beast. What is so hard to understand?