Ice Cube Shares His Thoughts On Ghostwriting

Daps
there is no problem with ghostwriters in general

i have no problem with dr dre using writers because he's not going around calling himself the greatest emcee and nobody else is calling him the greatest emcee

but he has the best work in the history of hip hop

but again do you anybody take him seriously when it come to top 5 rappers lists?

and this is the line that has been crossed with fake drake. drake is simply a rapper. who says he is the best ever. who people have crowned the king, etc.

this is why there is a problem with drake. he is a complete and utter talentless fraud who's contribution to his craft is a complete question mark. and his music is not that artistic to begin with.

cube is not gonna say anything because he made his life off ghostwriting. and i respect that. he's completely right. in the manner that he has approached the question i completely agree with him.

the thing is that everybody who is talking about this seems to dance around is the point i have made above and that is why drake is not an exception like everybody else who uses ghostwriters in rap. dude is completely manufactured and every time i hear this nikka boasting about this and that in his music now its cracks me the fukk up.

when that game video dropped and i heard that line "dont come to the studio with that fake shyt" hahahaha shyt like that. i can't take this dude serious AT ALL.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
i always knew drake had writers.

but i always thought he was trash, even with the writers, so i didnt care on that end. but i know its people out there that are dumbed-down and thought he was really spittin that crakk.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
Record making is record making and ghost writing is fine for that

but when you start making best rapper or GOAT lists you are AUTOMATICALLY out if you had bars ghost written

if you have ghost writers you better never say anything about yourself being the best or the greatest

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
And Cube said it without hesitation.. So matter a factly and Yella nodded in agreement immediately... This wasn't PC that was foreal

When it comes to making SONGS and doing it consistently, you get input/help. You got to... No one is THAT creative and consistently creative to not get help somehow.

You fake purists don't want to believe it but it is what it is... RnB nikkas definitely do it (Keri Hilson, Dream, Neyo, etc) but it happens in all genres. Other artists are saying the same shyt. Don't shoot the messengers for something you don't understand:yeshrug:
i think the problem is there are levels to this shyt...

i'm in studio writing a song, or already got one... i'm spitting it for the 10 other people in studio.. and another dude is like "that's wack... you should say ________" and i take that.. or take 6 bars... or 24......

is different from

i'm in studio and in walks ice cube who hands me a paper and says "rap this shyt, i wrote this last night" and i change a bar or 6 or 24 to fit me.........

which both are different from

i'm in studio and in walks quentin miller with a mp3 of HIS song, his words, his flow, his beat... and he says "copy exactly what i just did on the same exact beat"

and then there's me.... who either acts like i'm just an entertainer... or acts like yea i'm nice but my mans throws me some bars.... or yea i'm the fukking best ever and i do this shyt all by myself so fukk yall nikkas