"If Drake stopped releasing it would affect the entire genre of Rap.If Kendrick never released again nothing would change"

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
its true but the majority of fans always roots against the hand (usually)

drake and kendrick arent the same type of rap musicians or artists at all
drake is a pop megastar that transcends the culture ... he's successful without trying and does basic pop artist framework to keep his legacy going

once you come to terms with Drake being a pop artist and doing what they all do... you cant even really hate. Its not the same work.

Kendrick is amazing but doesnt actually give a fukk about the actual culture. Most of the shots he took at Drake are low hanging fruit and crowd pleaser shyt. Kendrick aint the representation of black america or a stand up husband etc. Nothing he said was anything that people havent said about Drake for a decade or knew previously. Drake will always bounce back because he's a pop star to children and average people... Kendrick matryred himself as this revolutionary character (which hes not) and will probably be blackballed in the long run. Then he will blame being blackballed on being a martyr instead of just saying "I dont really want to release much or care" :yeshrug:

It was an amazing battle and both dudes came with heat, the fans crowned Kendrick off rip because we all hate Drake. But in my opinion only Kendrick took a real L... he got exposed with the kid and his girl unfollowed and bounced. Drake didnt go through shyt that we already didnt know... you can probably pull the same topics up directly from this website.

and just think... this was all over Drake fukking a few dudes girls. having surgery and talking to 18 year olds and being corny isnt gonna stop the fact that he still fukked your girl.. if anything it makes you look more retarded. they should have set drake up and beat his ass then release the songs... otherwise you are just crying about a dude who finessed you.

great beef but people are gonna overrate one side or the other... they are both loser ass dudes honestly :yeshrug:

Agreed with most of what you're saying but we gotta stop acting like Kendrick ain't a huge pop star either just because Drake plays the pop game better and has larger output of music.

Kendricks huge commercial platform is a big reason why his disses had far more impact than Push, Budden, Ross, etc despite recycling the same content.

And as much as I was advocating for Drake, we gotta keep it real. Kendrick came out of this with a W, even if it's a bubble ring. Multiple number 1 hits when he only ever had like 1 or 2 before this (without a pop feature), and probably the best rollout for an album that a rapper could ask for with all this attention. We also can't say he's never been battle tested or ducks fades now.

I see what you're saying about Kendrick potentially taking an L in the long run with his pristine reputation being tainted with allegations and lies from the beef now, especially with the role that plays into his marketing and brand image. However I think the general public picks and chooses when this stuff matters and Kendrick is too beloved for any of that stuff to stick. We also know he's not going to stick his head out for an interview unless its super controlled so he'll never have to address the allegations and he can allow the public to forget them like they did with Drake's sus shyt with minors until it came up in the battle.

It would be interesting to see if Kendrick gets blackballed in the long run, but I think it's obvious Metro and Abel are tryna rally the industry to do the exact opposite and blackball Drake outta here.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
:dame:

And who cares? As Cube said, "They'll have a new nikka next year"
Ironically it seems that Drake cares lol, it's likely why he feels compelled to drop so often. Afraid that microwaved shyt will get stale over the test of time or in the face of new movements so he plays the volume game to stay present.

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
50 cents tour grossing more than every new rapper shows what state rap is in . Tik tok ain't letting universal manufacture hits anymore either. Futures biggest song features drake and his new album is gold from the Kendrick diss. Lil durks biggest song features J Cole.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
he said 2012. that’s 3 albums and the I mastered shyt. u counting a movie soundtrack shows how little he’s done in the last 12 years.

the question also wasn’t who makes the better music, I prefer kendrick but drake has the summer on lock damn near every year. just because u or me don’t like it don’t change fact that he’s liked by the majority.

*insert McDonald’s analogy

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
And Biggie and Pac dying gave Jay the platform to do that. Signifying a change. Things CHANGED after Biggie and Pac died. Anyone that says otherwise is being disingenuous. We probably wouldn't have had whole movements without the death of those 2. It's literally proving the threads point. If Drake disappears. There will be an impact. Good or bad. shyt may get BETTER after. Who knows. But shyt will definitely change. With Kendrick. Not so much. Because he disappears anyway. It's not about Drake being better than Kendrick. Drake isn't better than Kendrick.
I have to agree.

Despite what one thinks about the quality of their music (I don't care about both), Drake occupies a space. Kendrick don't.

Drake leaving will be felt beyond his fans.

Daps
Y'all sound old as hell spiritually lmfao.

There's so many rappers out now the fact you crying if one disappeared is a crazy concept to me. If Drake disappears it'd actually be a good thing. There will always be a rapper able to take his place specifically.

There's also the fact y'all don't seem willing to accept Playboi Carti as next up in regard to stardom.

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
Drake makes npc music for people with no soul to tell the difference

If you're still writing dissertation pieces defending Drake, your family tree has residual unstable half breed genomics :unimpressed:

Your parents settled and didn't marry a real one and now you're overcompensating on a black forum just to get exposed, what else is new?

Rappers who are still alive making music for major labels instead of being independent compromised their art with some bullshyt and are a shell of their former selves just to be promoted and handed a check for being submissive

Too much talent got shelved, walked away, or got killed because they actually stood for something, made progress to change the narrative about themselves, and said shyt compared to these sellouts today

Drake steals from whiteboys just to whitewash the music even more and is basically a Canadian blaxploitation cover band by now. You fukkers don't even live in the states to be talking about culture

Last edited: