If God is all good, he cannot be all powerful?

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:

edit: Please just answer the question. Everything else is irrelevant to the thread.

Edit Edit: I personally don't mind God being both good and evil at the same time. Or beyond those things (Like a Buddha) there is an African Clan that believes this. Got there name somewhere in my research folder. will update.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Christians gonna come in this thread like

full

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:
Wanna blow your mind?

If the devil was really the devil, how would you know who the good one is? :sas1:

Thats kinda the foundations of "devil worship" :heh:

I.e. maybe God is the one who keeps fukking you over :pachaha:

I mean you can escape the rhetorical loop, if not through a legitimate science education, by just accepting that god exist exist.

even more if you're black :sas2:

Karb

Veteran
Daps

Different religions have different conceptions of God so their answers will differ.

From an Islamic perspective, God is good, but He is also Just, Wise, All-knowing etc. God is not one dimensional and we do not always comprehend His justice because we do not have infinite knowledge nor do we have access to the future, whereas God is not limited by neither time nor space.

Most evil in this world is due to humans abusing their God given freewill to oppress one another and disturb the just balance that He created in our universe. Of course you can blame God for giving us free will, but then without free will we wouldn't be moral agents. Not if we're compelled by God to only do good.

Of course God has no gender. God transcends our material existence. He created matter so He himself is not of matter. God is nothing like the creation. We still use "He" to refer to God but that's simply due to the limitations in our language.

This explains the Islamic perspective regarding the issue of gender.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You're completly right. God is the whole, the infinity of infinities. God doesn't distinguish between good or bad, those are human terms.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Well if we take into consideration what God is then perhaps what we comprehend as good and bad is flawed as we can't see the grand picture where as God can.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Different religions have different conceptions of God so their answers will differ.

From an Islamic perspective, God is good, but He is also Just, Wise, All-knowing etc. God is not one dimensional and we do not always comprehend His justice because we do not have infinite knowledge nor do we have access to the future, whereas God is not limited by neither time nor space.

Most evil in this world is due to humans abusing their God given freewill to oppress one another and disturb the just balance that He created in our universe. Of course you can blame God for giving us free will, but then without free will we wouldn't be moral agents. Not if we're compelled by God to only do good.

Of course God has no gender. God transcends our material existence. He created matter so He himself is not of matter. God is nothing like the creation. We still use "He" to refer to God but that's simply due to the limitations in our language.

This explains the Islamic perspective regarding the issue of gender.

You can't say that God created the concepts of free will, good, and evil. God is all powerful. He can give you free will and make a world without evil...unless he's not all powerful :yeshrug:
You can't have your cake and eat it too. And if people suffer and don't believe in God because of him making a shytty universe then I'd say the logical next step is to believe God fukked you over and if you go to hell because of it I'd say he REALLY fukked you over. Which means he cant be all good. So, it makes no sense why he would even say we can't understand blah blah blah. When babies are getting murdered and raped what other information do you need to comprehend?