If God is all good, he cannot be all powerful?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
It's pretty entertaining watching religious people take all the onus off of their god and put it on people who don't follow their religion. The mental gymnastics they do is just outstanding.

God gave you free will to choose between good and evil, each having there own consequences/rewards. What does that have to do with Him being all powerful?

Why should I pray to a god that allowed my people to go into bondage for centuries? And why should I pray to a god that was given to me by a slave master? Why do we have to suffer to gain his grace? The god you worship is a narcissistic mass murderer. All the plagues and famines he has caused in your mythos. Not to mention your god justifies incest in his name. Lot had drunk sex with his two daughters (the same daughters he offered to get gang raped) by Sodomites. God allowed lot to live to 205 years and he had created a new tribe of people with his two daughters after leaving Sodom.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I like to ask either God or Satan

"Why so many nikkas got hoes on hoes and I got no hoes" :francis:
I don't even understand why #uglygang has to exist :francis:
It ain't like the world would be fukked if every nikka was fleekin and every bytch was a dime :francis:

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
God gave you free will to choose between good and evil, each having there own consequences/rewards. What does that have to do with Him being all powerful? Yes He COULD have made a world without evil just as He COULD have gave you three arms instead of two. The point is, for whatever reason He didnt. So now the REAL next logical step would be to choose whichever had better rewards rather than throwing in the towel and blaming God for creating the world the way HE wanted it (not you or I).

To be honest most of yall need to leave it at "I dont want to believe damn it! :sadcam:" and keep it moving.
He could give you free will to choose between good and evil and have everything be good. Or he could give you free will and still not have evil. Point of the matter is evil is evil and he's all powerful. He IS to blame. Not every choice is dictated by good or evil. Free will isn't built upon good or evil its based on decisions. AND AS GOD IS ALL POWERFUL EVIL AS THE CONCEPT DOES NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH FREE WILL IT'S ONLY BECAUSE WANTED IT TOO. YOU CAN HAVE FREE WILL AND EVIL NOT EXIST UNLESS GOD IS NOT ALL POWERFUL. LISTEN TO WHAT IM fukkING SAYING.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
You can't say that God created the concepts of free will, good, and evil. God is all powerful. He can give you free will and make a world without evil...unless he's not all powerful :yeshrug:
You can't have your cake and eat it too. And if people suffer and don't believe in God because of him making a shytty universe then I'd say the logical next step is to believe God fukked you over and if you go to hell because of it I'd say he REALLY fukked you over. Which means he cant be all good. So, it makes no sense why he would even say we can't understand blah blah blah. When babies are getting murdered and raped what other information do you need to comprehend?

That's an absurdity. God is not absurd :rudy:

It's actually quite dumb breh. It's like saying God is not all powerful unless he can make a square circle. Or a rectangular triangle. :mindblown:

Triangle is triangular by definition:stopitslime:

Similarly, you're either a free moral agent or you're not. If you're compelled to only do righteous actions, then you're not a free moral agent.

Even if God was pure evil, that would not negate His existence so the argument that you disbelieve in God because there's evil in the world is irrational. The existence of evil is not sufficient to disprove the existence of God.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:

edit: Please just answer the question. Everything else is irrelevant to the thread.
Well god has a plan you see but at the same time we are all give freewill. Does that answer your question?:troll:

Last edited:

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:

edit: Please just answer the question. Everything else is irrelevant to the thread.

The answer to your question is God is all good and all powerful.

Example. Lets say the sun is good. You can have sun (good) without shadows (evil) but you can't have shadows (evil) without the sun (good). Good is the standard by which all things are measured. You can have good without evil but there is no evil without good.

God is all powerful due to Him being the embodiment of good. It is not a reflection of His character; it is His character.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The answer to your question is God is all good and all powerful.

Example. Lets say the sun is good. You can have sun (good) without shadows (evil) but you can't have shadows (evil) without the sun (good). Good is the standard by which all things are measured. You can have good without evil but there is no evil without good.

God is all powerful due to Him being the embodiment of good. It is not a reflection of His character; it is His character.
The sun is,only good to those it does not burn. Use a better example. Nothing can be only one thing. Water can drown you but we need it to live. If God is all good then why does everything need balance to survive?

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
God isn't all good. I just started reading some Gnostic things, he might even be a fraud.

Devils advocate though. If God is Omnipotent and Almighty, then by definition he is above logic and the illogical, can do anything including the impossible, they could be good and all powerful or evil and all powerful or both or none at the same time.

Omnipotence does not mean you can do all things that are possible, it means you can do everything and anything period. Including the illogical and impossible.

Full scale Omnipotence >>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Paradox we can come up with.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
God isn't all good. I just started reading some Gnostic things, he might even be a fraud.

Devils advocate though. If God is Omnipotent and Almighty, then by definition he is above logic and the illogical, can do anything including the impossible, they could good and all powerful or evil and all powerful or both or none at the same time.

Omnipotence does not mean you can do all things that are possible, it means you can do everything and anything period. Including the illogical and impossible.

Full scale Omnipotence >>>>>>>>>>>>> Any Paradox we can come up with.
Makes sense.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
He could give you free will to choose between good and evil and have everything be good. Or he could give you free will and still not have evil. Point of the matter is evil is evil and he's all powerful. He IS to blame. Not every choice is dictated by good or evil. Free will isn't built upon good or evil its based on decisions. AND AS GOD IS ALL POWERFUL EVIL AS THE CONCEPT DOES NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING WITH FREE WILL IT'S ONLY BECAUSE WANTED IT TOO. YOU CAN HAVE FREE WILL AND EVIL NOT EXIST UNLESS GOD IS NOT ALL POWERFUL. LISTEN TO WHAT IM fukkING SAYING.

Breh calm down. I understand exactly what you're saying. I didnt say God couldnt have made free will without evil existing. I said that He didnt. So why are you pondering and what He didnt do, and not on what He did? Should I ponder on why He didnt give me 4 arms instead of two also?

If you want to say that God is the reason evil exists, nobody denies that. Is He the reason you choose it? No. And thats what you're trying to blame Him for. YOUR choices. Thats not gonna fly.

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
EkWMkgK.jpg

Thsnnor

Believer in Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jesus
The sun is,only good to those it does not burn. Use a better example. Nothing can be only one thing. Water can drown you but we need it to live. If God is all good then why does everything need balance to survive?

By the sun we can see everything. You only will burn if you don't acknowledge the power it has by hiding in the shadow. The example is good.

Water doesn't generate light and separate darkness.

God is the order behind the balance. The choice is ours as to what we do. We have free will each and every day of our life. For example, you can read John 3:16 today if you want or you don't have to. That is a choice.