If God is all good, he cannot be all powerful?

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:
Before I answer, which version of G-d are we talking about. Are we talking about G-d from the Abrahamic branch of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam? Or is it the Eastern philosophy G-d?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I wish I would bow down to a stinking Ishmaelite god. How do ya'll justfiy arabs spreading Islam through subjugation and conquest. Arabs treat they women like shyt. The creator of all the universe gave his instructions on how to live to a illterate arab in archaic western asian.
Different religions have different conceptions of God so their answers will differ.

From an Islamic perspective, God is good, but He is also Just, Wise, All-knowing etc. God is not one dimensional and we do not always comprehend His justice because we do not have infinite knowledge nor do we have access to the future, whereas God is not limited by neither time nor space.

Most evil in this world is due to humans abusing their God given freewill to oppress one another and disturb the just balance that He created in our universe. Of course you can blame God for giving us free will, but then without free will we wouldn't be moral agents. Not if we're compelled by God to only do good.

Of course God has no gender. God transcends our material existence. He created matter so He himself is not of matter. God is nothing like the creation. We still use "He" to refer to God but that's simply due to the limitations in our language.

This explains the Islamic perspective regarding the issue of gender.

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Daps
You can't say that God created the concepts of free will, good, and evil. God is all powerful. He can give you free will and make a world without evil...unless he's not all powerful :yeshrug:
You can't have your cake and eat it too. And if people suffer and don't believe in God because of him making a shytty universe then I'd say the logical next step is to believe God fukked you over and if you go to hell because of it I'd say he REALLY fukked you over. Which means he cant be all good. So, it makes no sense why he would even say we can't understand blah blah blah. When babies are getting murdered and raped what other information do you need to comprehend?

God gave you free will to choose between good and evil, each having there own consequences/rewards. What does that have to do with Him being all powerful? Yes He COULD have made a world without evil just as He COULD have gave you three arms instead of two. The point is, for whatever reason He didnt. So now the REAL next logical step would be to choose whichever had better rewards rather than throwing in the towel and blaming God for creating the world the way HE wanted it (not you or I).

To be honest most of yall need to leave it at "I dont want to believe damn it! :sadcam:" and keep it moving.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I remember this quote from BvS. I feel like this makes sense. I also don't think God can have a gender. Not the Most High God anyway. Wouldn't an all powerful, being be whole? Thoughts?:jbhmm:

edit: Please just answer the question. Everything else is irrelevant to the thread.

God told me to neg you as his answer :troll:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
maxresdefault.jpg

tumblr_mlbntiqISm1qlvwnco1_500.gif

FlexPavilion

Enshrined
Supporter
Daps
Question... how do you determine what's good?

What humans equate to being good does not align with the idea of a "divine plan". If heaven does really exist, then the idea of death really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
^

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
This is slightly off topic but I have a serious question for religious guys and other theists......

If God created and programmed us with the ability to to sin against him then isn't it the fault of God himself the designer?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I think the clearest answer I've seen for this is free will and the autonomy of humans. As well as the fukk it YOLO God answer in that like it or not as God I don't have to explain or justify shyt to you. I hold the destiny of the universe in my hands. You can either rightfully be grateful for ur puny existence and worship me or continue to whine.

:umad:

But all spiritual snark aside, I think there is a far greater and more mysterious answer at play here. If u think about great stories, you realize the stage is set and the tapestry is unfolded thru pain, thru struggle, thru adversity, thru triumph over evil.

Well life is the greatest story ever told and the great religions just tell it from different cultural perspectives based off environmental influences.

What does that story entail? Well it's the story of this human creature having no knowledge of itself or its power, and it's journey to the divinity it forgot it had.

Now think about how hard it can be to achieve even the most mundane actions. All the blood sweat and tears it takes for instance for an Olympic runner to train. The setbacks, the disappointments of a hungry child working in a quarry struggling to help a sick mom.

Really take a look at life and see all the suffering. But then see the constant successes. The poignant victories, the amazing personalities shaped by dire situations. The impossibility and guts for GOOD to have the nerve to come out of horrible circumstances.

Those moments where we as humans don't give up against impossible odds---THATS the kingdom of God. It's LITERALLY where your spirit says I don't care about the enormity of evil or how hard this seems. I don't care about ridicule or hopelessness, or despair or doubt, or weakness or what life says I'm not supposed to be able to do. I don't care about improbability or if it seems silly. I won't stop to join cowards around me in their fear and simpering foolishness. I'm just not going to stop. That's the basis of true divine power. The exertion of YOUR will above and beyond seemingly impossible circumstances.

That moment you when you have all spirits and dominions who sucummbed to the very things you refuse to entertain working against you out of jealousy, is where we get glimpses of our Godhood.

Evil serves as a gravitational force to make us awaken our divinity. It forces us to appreciate how perfect it feels when we overcome it to stand in the face of it. Somewhere there is something calling us to be more. To answer the call to a power inside of us. But it takes a lifetime or several lifetimes according to some religions to get it.

For some of us it takes an eternity and that's what hell is. Some of us turn to evil out of frustration because we want shortcuts to our divinity. We want to call on confused entities and have them give it to us. We want to make easy sacrifices of others for it. We resent having to work for our destiny instead of embracing it and learning from the experience. Evil is nothing more than a matrix of hurt people hurting people b/c they throwing an existential temper tantrum over wanting power but not being willing to work for it.

But yeah I personally adore this world. The good and the bad. The irony, the strangeness. Right now I have EVERY tool I need to recognize my divinity b4 I see my face in God's at death. I don't want to take a HELL of a long time to manifest my perfection. Don't waste ur life. The stage has been set in shadows for you to shine. Make ur story epic and use evil to propel u beyond ur limits. That's how u become the thing you worship. And that was the point of this life anyway.

Or I'm completely wrong and we're maggot lunch after death. But even so if u lived ur life as I encouraged you to do then it's a win regardless:umad: