If we are being real Jackie Chan is the undisputed King of Martial arts films

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Okay for one if you discussing martial arts films , you have to include those of old and modern. In old times you had Gordon liu, sonny Chiba, Alexander fu sheng. In modern film discussion, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, Michael jai white, tony jaa, etc.

I dont know how op judges but if we discussing all films this includes CGI or wirework, which can be a peeve to any fan.

If we being honest.... talking over all Gordon liu has a better collection, the venoms, ti lung give or take. I say give or any take cause I hate the cheesy romantic kung fu films.

Modern I put Donnie yen and jet li high on the list . jackie would be low behind them. Mjw I good be he needs to have more work. Same for lateef crowder, maresse crump, Kevin lukuta and other guys.

A guy like chow yun fat would be the lowest. He is decent but the CGI usage in crunching tiger, and some other films hnders him IMO.

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Real Kung Fu heads know

tumblr_mgzmaxWz7j1s21tkdo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

martial-club.gif

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
I like Bruce’s fighting scenes better, although Jackie has good ones (especially vs. Benny the Jet). Bruce is up there among the top actors ever IMO when it comes to charisma/screen presence.

Jackie is the #1 overall action star to me, his stuntwork is outrageous, whether it’s just crazy shyt like sliding down a 50 foot or whatever pole wrapped in electrical lights, hanging from a helicopter, or creative things like the stuff he did with that ladder. He’s both fukking nuts and amazing for doing all that shyt, especially after having a plug put into his head to keep his brains intact.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Okay for one if you discussing martial arts films , you have to include those of old and modern. In old times you had Gordon liu, sonny Chiba, Alexander fu sheng. In modern film discussion, Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Jackie Chan, Michael jai white, tony jaa, etc.

I dont know how op judges but if we discussing all films this includes CGI or wirework, which can be a peeve to any fan.

If we being honest.... talking over all Gordon liu has a better collection, the venoms, ti lung give or take. I say give or any take cause I hate the cheesy romantic kung fu films.

Modern I put Donnie yen and jet li high on the list . jackie would be low behind them. Mjw I good be he needs to have more work. Same for lateef crowder, maresse crump, Kevin lukuta and other guys.

A guy like chow yun fat would be the lowest. He is decent but the CGI usage in crunching tiger, and some other films hnders him IMO.
I was just about to come in and say this. As far as straight up technical kung fu fight scenes, Gordon Liu >>>>>>

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Staaaaaph it:russ:

Wang Lung-wei

Fathered all those cats

The man is in like every karate flick ever made :mjlol:

Elaborately grabbing nikkas up by the collar is what you call Karate:scust:

Bruce Lee would put them feets on you,fukk all the stunt man shyt:wow:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Jackie is the goat. Plain and simple.

Lol @ jet li. Get that nikka and his wack ass wire work all the way the fukk outta here.

Hes the kim k of martial arts actors